user_e31eb9_Robin_'s profile

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

Thursday, July 6th, 2023 4:38 PM

Closed

Can't find the Peacock Reward for Diamond/Platinum Level customers who also have Gig speed - UPDATE

Hi!

The last thing I want to do is add to the Peacock situation, but maybe it's time to ask for individual help.

We're Diamond Level Rewards members and Gig members.

We received the email that said we'd get Peacock free for 2 yrs, that we didn't need to do anything.

We've had no interruptions in Peacock service. Yay!!

But we never found a Reward to redeem. I've looked on our Rewards page and at our redeemed Rewards. On the Rewards page there's a clickable image referring to free Peacock but it's informational only. Our redeemed rewards show the 2 we redeemed some time ago (THANK YOU!!) but there are no "active " rewards.

I've tried using the XfinityAssistant several times. A few days ago I was able to chat with a live agent who told me that Support needed to apply the Reward, which would happen within 24 hours. The Reward never appeared.

I joined Reddit a few days ago to monitor suggested solutions. I've been reading the Xfinity Forum posts, too, for the same reason. Over the past week I've tried several of the suggestions. But we're still seeing no Reward.

All of the Support people I've interacted with have been patient & very nice, and I'm confident that Xfinity will sort all of this out!

But maybe it's time for me to ask for help our particular issue.

Oh - I have screenshots, if they'll help.

Thank you!!

Edited to add: Payments are current.

Edited 7/8/23 to add: I just looked at our current bill details. Peacock Premium is listed as "included" without charge, under "Add-ons."  There's no expiration date indicated. Does that mean our Diamond/Platinum level Reward WAS added to our account? It's not reflected on our Rewards page as an Active Reward & I never found it to redeem it. But this seems like good news...

Edited 7/11/23 to add: We can still watch Peacock but the Peacock App on our X1 is now telling me to "Activate" on "xfinity.com/account." When I use that URL it redirects to "Account and Identity." I've searched all of that location & can find no way to activate anything. Peacock isn't mentioned. Also, we now have a Reward block but it clicks thru to say what it's been saying all along: "Enjoy by January 1" and for help go to the Assistant. I did that again and found no chat help re Peacock. I still don't know how to redeem the Reward. Maybe the Peacock situation's being fixed in steps. Probably the changes I've seen in the past week are indications of that. Maybe the next step will be to provide a functional activation method or to confirm that the system activated Peacock for us. I doubt that anyone's reading this but I think it's a good idea to document what's happening in this complicated situation.  

Edited 7/17/23 to add: No changes that I can find. Reward remains unavailable for redemption. 

Edited 7/18/23 to add: The Rewards page has been depopulated except for a non-responsive image re the Free Summer of Movies. Under that image is a blank page with the little "loading" circles. But nothing loads. Changes must be in progress...?

:)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

No response from Xfinity. That's consistent with the degree of support we've all received..

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

1 year ago

My experience with Xfinity Support has been consistently positive. Support Reps have always been knowledgeable, patient, and as helpful as they could be when dealing with unresolved systems issues that affect customers. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_e31eb9_Robin_​ me too. I have an outstanding ticket about this (I'm a Diamond status, no gig service) and support replied back to me when they said they would (yesterday) and said engineering is still looking into this. Supposed to get another status check tomorrow.

For me, I did get the redeem email, see the reward on my account, click on it, but it just gives a message that something is wrong and can't be redeemed.

It is a bit puzzling that it is taking this long to resolve. It's something between Xfinity and Peacock billing systems and I'm sure there is finger pointing going on. :)

BTW, this is what it looks like in the Rewards section. It was there earlier for me this morning. Now it's all disappeared. :)

(edited)

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

Hi, @eelpout_1 

Thank you!
The images you posted look similar to what I've been seeing.

Nothing's changed for me for a few days, as far as I know, so I think that either the fix for our account is in the queue (& just hasn't rolled out yet) or our account's actually OK but doesn't look that way.

Since we can still see Peacock I'm going to wait another week before I approach Support again for help. I hope by then everything will be sorted out for everyone.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

1 year ago

PEACOCK FLEW THE COOP! (Peacock is gone from the Rewards page - Update 8/9/23)

If anyone is reading this please note that nothing's changed for me since my last update to this post - until today.

My Rewards page no longer has the Peacock Diamond/Platinum level reward on it. The reward never did anything, but at least it was there. Now it isn't. I'm hoping this means that a new, responsive reward will replace it soon so I can redeem it.

Bec I understand that this Peacock situation is widespread and complicated (and we never lost Peacock service) I've been reluctant to ask for individual help. I'll continue to wait a little longer.

This is just an update so that if someone needs to assist me later everything will be documented. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

1 year ago

Update 8/10/23:

I just posted a request for assistance. 

Our Peacock account now says that we need to activate it via the Xfinity.com/account screen. This is new. There is also no way that I can find to activate Peacock on that screen. 

Obviously, changes are occurring but so far they don't address our particular problem (as far as I can tell).

Also, we've received no new emails re Peacock.

1 Message

1 year ago

Signed up for the rewards a few weeks ago when Peacock stopped working & watched this forum in frustration that it wasn't working.  Upstairs I had a 17 year old CRT with a Flexbox - and Premium was active and working.  I know this isn't the answer people wanted to hear.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

@bedbugz​ 

Hi!

We still have working Peacock, never lost it. I'm just trying to make sure that's bec of the Diamond Reward and not the shorter-term gig-speed one.

I was never able to redeem the Diamond reward -- and now it's gone from my Rewards page. 

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

1 year ago

UPDATE 8/11/23:

Our bill has changed. 

Several weeks ago there was no expiration date for the Xfinity-Peacock payment. Now it has a 2025 end date, which reflects the gig-speed 2 year coverage, NOT the Diamond/Platinum level reward (that depends on continued service). 

Will the Reward ever be available for me to redeem? 

The fact that I've never found a redeemable Reward appears to be reflected in our bill. Gig-speed? Yes: that must be the 2025 expiration date.

But what happens when it expires? Will we lose Peacock, even though we shouldn't? Will we be able to get it back or is there an expiration date on redeeming the elusive Diamond/Platinum level Reward?

Unfortunately, these questions are the nearly same ones I was asking more than a month ago.

:(

I'm VERY HAPPY that we still have Peacock! The issues surrounding the rollout must've been extraordinarily complex, and I understand that getting everything sorted out has taken time and a lot of work. But, as the weeks go by, I'm increasingly concerned that if I can't find a way to redeem a Reward that isn't there we'll lose access to Peacock on 6/25/25 when the gig-speed expiration date arrives.

I'll leave this here for a day - in case I've misunderstood something & someone can easily set me straight. If I don't hear anything this weekend I'll put up a new post asking for specific help. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

I also have gig and diamond and haven't lost access to peacock. Just got an email confirming peacock is working because of gig and will end Oct. 5, 2025. I was also told by multiple agents I was okay as there was no end date on the bill. Well now there is an end date. I was able to redeem the rewards page but never got any activation "banner". Just wondering if you have pursued this further and had any luck?

Edit: My bill lists 2 add ons for peacock now. One with an end date and one without an end date. Anything similar going on on you're end? Just like you, If we are entitled to have peacock as long as we are diamond/platinum rewards members, which is what xfinity's own website says, then we ought to have it as long as we are members, without an expiration date!  

(edited)

3 Messages

1 year ago

I’m also a Diamond and Gig customer and have gone through the same thing.  I don’t have a Peacock account though and every time I try using it, through X1 or any other path, it wants me to sign up to a monthly plan.  I chatted a couple times with Xfinity support but that was a useless waist of time.  I was told to click the non-existent banner and to wait for the the email that never came!  Any idea what I can do?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hey, @user_2d34cb. Thanks for your comment. And for letting us know you are experiencing a similar issue. We'd be happy to help. Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your name and service address? Our team can take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

I that supposed to be an interactive chat?  I typed out my question and no response at all?

3 Messages

I just took 8 mins to respond, but I’m chatting with someone now….

1 Message

11 months ago

We finally gave up.  Also diamond customer.  Had peacock premium up until we upgraded our cable box and modem.  Been on the phone with xfinity customer service and got tickets assigned to the problem.  Was on phone at least 3 times in regard to this issue.  Got nowhere.  When going to rewards peacock was not listed on my available rewards.  They tell us we are entitled to free premium peaock up until June 2025.  I got so fed up we just ended up subscribing and paying $5.99 per month.  

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

10 months ago

Solved - 11/24/23. 

🥰

See:

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/channels-and-programming/still-searching-for-peacock-diamondplatinum-reward-banner/654796c820a91817c9905543?commentId=6560ceec77f859431030593e

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here