U

Wednesday, November 8th, 2023 1:43 AM

Closed

Canceling Internet Service After Paying the Bill

Hello,

I am a little confused about how the service period and service cancellation work and was wondering if someone could help me with it

My internet service period is from the 20th to the 19th of next month, and I pay my bills on the 6th.

I am planning on moving out of my current house on the 11th.

So my question is

Suppose I pay my November Bill for the service period Nov 20th to December 19th. Will I be able to continue to use my internet service until December 11th even if I cancel the internet service on November 20th?

Thank You

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

10 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_av2t9e! If services are cancelled on 12/11, your bill for services from 12/11 to 12/19 will be prorated. If you paid the full bill for services from 11/20 to 12/19, the prorate will create a credited balance for services from 12/11 to 12/19. This credited balance should be automatically refunded back to the last payment method on the account. 

Next to the “Services From” section located at the top right of each page of the bill there should be a “Billing Date” section. The billing date is the day of the month your bill is generated on. Could you please confirm the billing date on your bill?

2 Messages

My billing date was September 16th for September - October.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for confirming that @user_av2t9e! If services are cancelled on 12/11/23 the final bill should be generated on 12/16/23 and show the credited balance caused by the prorates. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

I cancelled service in 2023, returned the Modem and Xfinity just keeps charging and taking money from my bank account each month, $193.00.

Someone offers me an Xfinity credit for 186.00??!

no rhyme or reason, last night was 4 hour phone call and now I drive up to the Store.

next step Philadelphia, Corporate Headquarters.

my Friends figured if they get 100,000 people for $100.00 each it equals $10,000,000.00

Beware of Cancellation just because you don’t have any service they will do what ever they can to keep charging bank account.

notify your bank immediately. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_469db2 We're sorry to hear that this has been your experience. We can assist further with your billing concerns through direct message. 

• Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here