U

Friday, May 24th, 2024 10:29 AM

Canceling Internet is impossible

It is literally impossible to cancel Infinity Internet service online. Even when you click the option for a callback an apology pops up stating this is impossible. And even when I tagged this post using the option "Cancel" Infinity deleted my comment. It tells you everything you need to know about Comcast which is that they prioritize greed over customer satisfaction but I shouldn't be surprised. Customers have been hating cable companies for years. I'm glad I decided to switch to Quantum fiber which is 75% less expensive and 1000% more communicative. I will have to actually drive to an Infinity retail store to cancel service. Unbelievable.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

24 days ago

@user_vzk5fr I do want to thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out through our Forums Channel. I can tell you have not had the best experience and I assure you I am here to do everything I can to turn this around and assist you with the account. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

3 Messages

Isn't it interesting that I am also unable to dislike your reply. Only likes are accepted by your company. Incredible. I will walk into the store. Obviously I'm not interested in being given offers to stay. The entire point is that you're removed choice from your customers and held them hostage. I haven't seen a single app besides yours that forbids customers from cancelling their subscription. Congrats on being the first!

3 Messages

24 days ago

https://www.businessinsider.com/cancel-subscriptions-congress-ftc-dark-practices-autorenewal-2023-2?amp

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

@user_vzk5fr I am not here to offer any reason to stay. While I am sad to see you go I fully respect your decision. When I ask for the reason why you are disconnecting if we were to speak in a message, it is only for the disconnection work order to be put in. Please send me a Direct Message, so I may assist you with the disconnection. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here