S

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2024 10:55 AM

Billing on website still incorrect, "back end" was reflected to the correct amount, but I can't pay my bill because website is wrong

Billing on website still incorrect, "back end" was reflected to the correct amount, but I can't pay my bill because website is wrong. It says I owe $65, but I should owe $4.20. I confirmed this in store on 5/17, and via chat on 5/20. The website still shows $65 past due because of closing account (even though my normal due date wouldn't have been til June), and I can't make the partial payment for the amount I actually should owe. When is this going to be fixed?

7 Messages

24 days ago

I did also send a direct message with the confirmation ID of my last conversation with a Comcast rep

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

24 days ago

Greetings, @skatardrummer! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum about this billing issue. You have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

The amount you see on the website will always reflect what was listed on your most recent billing statement. If your last bill came out in early May for $65.00, but then you made changes to reduce it to $4.20 on May 17th, it will still show $65.00 online until your next bill comes out in early June. If you were able to confirm the adjusted balance is now only $4.20, then you should be able to make a manual payment for that amount.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

7 Messages

@XfinityJamesC​ I did try to make a manual payment. Every time I try, it says there is an error.

7 Messages

I uploaded a screenshot to the DM. It says "we are unable to process this transaction for the entered amount." I have tried both on the app and on 2 different computers over the course of multiple days

7 Messages

Hello, I received a message that my bill is due June 1st. It's not the correct amount either way. It shows an ongoing service amount, which of course I am not going to pay. I don't want this to affect my credit. I moved somewhere that has comcast and someone else is the account holder. I could not have moved my service here. Can we get this resolved by tomorrow before my bill due date hits? I sent another DM. It's been 2 weeks since my disconnect date. I'm concerned also that I will lose access trying to log into the site, as I was warned I'd wind up getting limited access as little as two weeks after deactivation of account. 

7 Messages

I have asked, and asked, and asked, and asked for my final bill. I can't pay my bill because it's STILL wrong online. I contacted customer service AGAIN today who said it would be taken care of. Now I just got an email threatening collections of $184.20, but my account still says $65. This is getting stupid. You guys won't let me pay. I've been nice to every employee. The rep earlier thanked me at least 12 times for being the nicest customer they had in a long time. We'll now that I got this collection email, I'm done with nice. I have proof of these contacts and conversations. I'd love to see Comcast just try to send me to collections. This is causing undue stress and I'd happily take that to court for damages at this point. All I wanted was to pay my bill. I've had 2 billing reps now including today say my bill was being waived, even though that wasn't even what I was asking for. I was just trying to pay it, because I can't. Because your system won't let me because what I allegedly owe is more than what the system says. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

skatardrummer I'm sorry to hear about your payment situation. We'd be happy to help with your billing concern. Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your name and service address? Our team can take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here