U

Friday, September 27th, 2024 5:45 PM

Billing Issues - Xfinity SCAM

I kept having issues with my internet, so I contacted customer service, and they came out and supposedly "fixed" the issue and then tried to charge me 100.00 - I contacted customer service, and they waived the fee. I started having the same issues a few days later so I contacted them again and they said they needed to send a technician. I told them that I did not want to be charged, and they told me that I would not be. Well, I got my bill, and you guessed it I see the 100.00 in-home service fee that I was told I would NOT be charged. So, I contacted them today via text and they stopped responding when they were "looking into it" I need someone to go in my account and waive the 100.00 fee.

Also, I am being charged for two lines on my mobile and I only have one phone/one line, so someone added a line to my account, and I am now being charged for it.

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

22 days ago

@user_jf23xz

I want to be sure we can get everything figured out for you with your service. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

22 days ago

Xfinity is ripping people off.  I was only ever enrolled in the 29.95 plan for the last 6 months.  Well one month I get billed the 29.95 amount then the next month I get billed 111.00 a month for just internet.  So, I call Xfinity, and I complain tell them I never authorized a change in my internet plan.  They tell me they switched it back and I will get a credit of the difference because I was billed the wrong amount.  So, the next month comes and still no credit and they switch it back to the 111.00 a month.  Then I call again this has been going on for 8 months.  I have proof from my statements that I was billed the wrong amount, proof of all my conversations that took place with Xfinity on the chat app.  Customer service on the actual Xfinity phone tells me they can't see any conversations that I had with Xfinity on the App. Scary so who are the people making promises and taking my information if Xfinity can't even pull up these conversations?  So, I am again back on the chat app waiting to get switched into the 29.95 internet that I never switched out of. Stay away from xfinity.  I am planning on looking for a new internet provider today. 

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

Hey there, user_l8dnct! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums. That is certainly not the experience we would want for our customers, and would be more than happy to dive into the billing concerns with you. Can you please send us a DM to get started?

Please send us a direct message with your full name, business name, full address, and phone number.
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "
Direct Message icon” 
(upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here