U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, July 28th, 2024 9:55 AM

Billing customer service

I noticed my monthly Comcast Triple Play billing increased by over $25 in the billing email sent by Comcast 7/10/2024.  I called customer service and questioned the increase.  I was told “my promotion period had ended”.  Being a Comcast customer since the 80’s I asked if the bill could be returned to the previous monthly total since no service was changed and the agent agreed to apply credit to bring the bill back to my previous amount.  I asked the agent if this was a one time credit as I did not want to go through this every month.  She told me “not to worry this will be for one year”.  I thanked her and I did receive an email that the credit was applied.  This month I review future billing and the rate is back up.  No credit.  I called again. Another agent and was told there is no way the credit was for one year.  The new total is my new total period inferring I am lying about the conversation I had previously unless I can prove it with an incident number or the like.  It’s the first in over 30 years a Comcast employee has called me a liar.  And the first time a Comcast customer service person has obviously lied to me when I called 7/11.  In short order Comcast will lose a customer of over 3 decades.  TV, internet and phone.  Despicable treatment.??

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

user_387818 Thank you so much for taking the time to contact us and sharing these details. This is not the experience we ever want our customers especially lifetime ones like yourself, to have. We would love to revisit the available options and help in any way we can. May I please ask that you send us a direct message with your full name and service address to get started? 

To send a direct message: 

• Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

The $$$ part of this was resolved by Xfinity Corporate.  The customer service person went back to 7/11 and listened to the recorded conversation and acknowledged that I specifically asked if this was one time and I was told it would be for one year.  This does nothing to address the issue with the customer service agent who insisted the one year portion did not nor did it ever happen as it was beyond their authority to do so.  I’m actively still considering my options of staying or moving on.  Yes I’m just that upset. 

1 Message

24 days ago

I had two monthly payments taken out of my checking on 9-11-2024.  I called customer service and requested that the one that was used as a credit be sent back to my checking account.  I was told, no problem, it would be sent back by 9-25-2024.  Here it is 9-26, two weeks later, and nothing has been credited back as promised.  It was a nightmare getting thru to someone who could help in the first place.  Your customer service telephone assistant (remote voice) would not give me the option of speaking to a live person.  After about 20 minutes of trying different customer service numbers and getting the same remote assistant, I was able to find a live person who said they could help.  She transferred me to billing, and I was told it was commercial billing and I needed residential billing.  She then transferred me to another agent supposedly in residential billing, who told me to hold as she had to look at my account.. She then either disconnected me or hung up.  After being disconnected, my home phone then rang with a call from XFINITY.  I immediately pick up and guess what?  No one was on the line. This is HORRIBLE!  I again had to go thru getting a live agent.  I asked him if the calls were documented and recorded.  He said they were, but he did not show any notes from the prior representative who disconnected me.  He promised the funds would be back in my account by 10-25-2024. That was two weeks ago and still the funds are not back in my checking account.  I have never seen such a horribly run customer service department! 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello user_hoyjci, Thank you for reaching out here on our Xfinity Community Forums. I’m truly sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you’ve had trying to resolve the billing issue, especially after being transferred multiple times and dealing with disconnections. That’s definitely not the service we aim to provide, and I completely understand your frustration. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for your patience through this process. I want to help get things on track, to get started, please send our team a Direct Message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here