U

Sunday, October 6th, 2024 3:42 PM

Billed after closing account

I cancelled my xfinity service and closed my account entirely in-person in an xfinity store back in July. When I cancelled I was told that was it and that I didn't owe anything. I returned my equipment at the same time. I got a letter in September stating that I have an outstanding bill that will be sent to collections if I don't pay it. No details of the charge are available anywhere. Because I closed my account, I can't log in to see what the service period I'm being charged for is. The bot can't do anything other than repetitively ask me to pay my bill.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

13 days ago

Concern moved here to the Billing help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

910 Messages

13 days ago

user_8b4wic I appreciate you taking the time to create a post and apologize that you've received this notification. Our team can look into the billing for the account for you. Please send our team a direct message with your full name and address.

To send a Direct Message:

Ensure you are logged in

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
    • As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
    • An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here