U

Saturday, February 17th, 2024 3:27 AM

Closed

Billed after being disconnected for months, now bill has been 'charged off' and sent to debt collector

I need help and have no idea what to do.  My credit score is over 800 so it kills me to think my score could be damaged by mistakes made by Xfinity.

I got new internet service in May of last year.  I CALLED and asked my service be disconnected.  I was told I had been billed in advance and could stop my autopayment for billing.  I was told everything was fine and taken care of.

At some point I received a bill and CHATTED with customer service.  They said there was equipment still out on my account, a set-top box.  I thought that must be wrong because we only ever used Xfinity for our internet/wireless and we bought our own modem and wireless router.  The person I chatted with assured me that it would be taken care of and everything was squared away on the account.  They never mentioned any unpaid monthly charges.

Now, I just received a bill for almost a thousand dollars from a BILL COLLECTOR for Xfinity!

I called to talk to a billing representative and she said that even though my auto pay stopped in May, my service wasn't turned off until July and that $140 doubled every month I didn't pay it??!  That seems crazy.  

Now Xfinity says because my account has been charged off, I have to deal with the debt collection agency.  I have no experience with this but seems like they are just going to want to get their money and don't care that Xfinity made a mistake by not turning off my service until a month or whatever after I asked them to turn it off.

I am really, really upset by this.  The Xfinity customer service says no one at Xfinity can help me now.

How can I get this resolved?  Anyone else have any similar issues?  Anyone had any luck with contacting corporate or someone higher up in administration?

All I know is I am going to be shouting from the rooftops about this because these companies should not be getting away with these fraudulent business practices.

Thanks if anyone has any help to share I'd appreciate it!

Amy

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

7 months ago

@user_3h45qg, as someone in the housing market, I can certainly understand the importance of maintaining a great score and would be more than happy to take a look into this charged off account you are referring to. Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to take a closer look at things.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

1 Message

I'm experiencing the same problem. Need immediate help. Can someone pls help me? 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_xc09lb. I will be happy to look into any account questions from here for you. Could you send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for that service?

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

3 months ago

I’m going through the same thing with them right now two separate accounts one mobile one internet. Their own customer service confirmed that my stats showed no activity but yet they still want to bill me. The two dates I was given that collections will call to resolve my matter they didn’t bother. Only to find out today after calling for the 10th time that I still have to pay the money since I don’t know the exact date I disconnected my services. Ignorance at its best. I can I possible remember dates for 2 years ago. Go do your research on the internet Comcast if scamming people. Stay away!!!

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here