U

Tuesday, October 8th, 2024 10:35 PM

Being Billed Despite Cancellation

I called to have my account cancelled on 9/6/2024. I received an email from xfinity@emails.xfinity.com stating that "we received your cancellation request, and we're on it". I received the same email again on 9/7/2024. On 10/4/2024, my account was billed again. I called again 10/8/2024 to verify if my account was actually cancelled, and your customer service agent said that there was no record of my cancellation. Fine, I can live with being out $70. He cancelled my account again, and gave me a cancellation confirmation code. I went to my account to change my AutoPay, now its saying I have an outstanding payment (despite my last payment being mistakenly billed 3 days ago), and that my AutoPay settings are restricted. So not only have I been wrongfully billed, the system is still saying I have outstanding payments for services I have not received since August 2024, and seems to still be keen on billing me despite my cancellation. Can someone please explain to me how this backwards system works? At this point, I don't care about getting my money back, I just want to make sure that you people don't keep wrongfully billing me for services I do not use. 

Official Employee

• 

913 Messages

10 days ago

user_hlrood thank you for using the Community Forums page to reach out to us today. I would be more than happy to assist you with your billing related questions and concerns. It sounds like there may be something additional that we need to take a look at regarding the cancellation process. The last thing I would want is to be charged for service I believed no longer existed. Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to get started.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here