ax25's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Wed, Nov 25, 2020 1:00 PM

Attempting to get service at quoted price, but forced to accept a different price.

I signed up with your service today and was given a contracted rate of $19.95 per month as I was pre-aying.  I let the tech know that the install would require a termination from the phone pole to the house as I knew it was missing.  The person on the chat acknowledged this and dispatched a tech.  The tech verified that indeed there was no connection from the phone pole to the house termination, and was informed to go ahead and get the self install kit anyway.

I went to the store to get the kit and attempted to figure out what to do at that point.  They said I was to attempt the self install.  I do that.  Of course it does not work due to the missing drop from the pole.  I attemt the self install only to find the pone app login does not complete and gives a "Sorry, that didn't go as expected message".  I contact tech support.  The phone tech support has me troubleshoot the missing cable drop from the pole by rebooting the modem.  Once he figures out it is a new install and would need to have a tech dispatched to rectify, he forces me in to a different contract acceptance via phone for $29.95 per month with no other option to obtain service.

Planning on a visit from the tech on Saturday, and will be glad when it is up and running, but just was a bit annoyed by how little anybody cared about what I was telling them, and how little they cared about being up front with the pricing.

It would have been nice to actually be quoted a rate and had that be the rate for the service instead of what is currently hapening with this account.

Also, the mobile app is not working for logins at current, as well as my account email verification is not able to be completed as the email does not send.

The reason I did the sign-up via chat was due to the website signup not working in the first place.

So, all around, not a very satisfying experience.

Kelly Black

Responses

ComcastAmir

Official Employee

• 

6.3K Messages

7 m ago

Hello ax25, I'd be happy to look into getting you the deal that you originally signed up with. For further assistance please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

7 m ago

Day 3.  Nothing.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

7 m ago

Sending me a link to a video that "explains" that my bill is not at the rate quoted by the tech, is not really a solution.

To help you out with what I was quoted, here is the transcript portion of my conversation with the tech in the chat:
-----------------------------------------------------

Justin: You are ordering the following service:
PERFORMANCE STARTER+ INTERNET for an introductory price of $29.99 per month for 12 months, or $19.99 per month for 12 months with automatic payment enrollment. Current regular rates are $50.00 per month.

You are also adding the following equipment and services: Internet/Voice Equipment Rental for $14.00 per month;

Regular rates after promotional period are subject to change.

Your estimated recurring monthly bill will be $45.04, or $35.04 with automatic payment enrollment, including $1.05 of estimated monthly taxes, and government and other fees.
-----------------------------------------------------

Again

Expert

• 

25.8K Messages

7 m ago

@ax25 wrote:

Day 3.  Nothing.

Actually, it's Day 2, and a holiday weekend.  Be patient.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

7 m ago

Unfortunately they will not include the "it is a holiday weekend" when considring the cancellation pentalty now will they.  The be patient works both ways.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

7 m ago

Did get a one time credit of $10 which comes closer to a resolution.  One minor problem with that though.  They also added TV without my asking for it when I asked for the simple adjustment to mach what I originally agreed to.  The tech who asked me to send the personal message to him never responded to my question apart from asking for my account number.  I resorted to the online chat from which I obtained what looks to be a one time $10 credit, and a modification of my service to add TV.  This is the equivilant of slamming as done by the phone companies.  Please rectify this situation.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

7 m ago

It continues.  Get a text saying "Your Xfinity tech has arrived and will be with you in a moment".  Unless he is invisible and has been wondering around the back yard for the last 33 minutes, I would have to say, no.  No he has not arrived 🙂

ComcastChe

Official Employee

• 

6.1K Messages

7 m ago

Hi @ax25

We appreciate your patience. We apologize for the delay. The agent originally assisting you was off for the weekend when your message came in. I just wanted to follow up to let you know that I was able to locate your private message. Chat with you soon. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here