U

Tuesday, October 8th, 2024 6:15 PM

Are you interested in keeping a long terms customer

I have been a customer with Xfinity for several years. I have had continuous service at my current address for 3+ years, part of which I was able to receive Government subsidies. Now I have watched my bill creep up and up over that time and am now being charged over $80 for a service that is offered to "new" customers (for an entire 2 year period) for way less.  When I started this service plan (and actually a slower one, at the time), my super special discounted price was $30.  So, increasing costs causes long-time customers' bills to continue increasing, while the introductory price is significantly LESS for BETTER service than I was paying 3 years ago. I understand the concept of having a discounted price to begin with to rope people in. However, being a long term customer and paying more per month I am effectively punished for staying with Xfinity instead of changing providers. To add insult to injury, my service continues to fluctuate and experience outages about 5 times a day from 1 to 10 minutes. I have complained about it numerous times but nobody seems to care. Both T-Mobile and Verizon as well as other cable based providers are offering faster service plans for a locked-in price of $50 or less in my area. I am hesitant to switch providers because it's a massive hassle but Xfinity's constant price increases are making it extremely difficult to stay. What are you willing to offer me to stay with your service?

Official Employee

• 

580 Messages

11 days ago

@user_mqz2p5 Hello and good afternoon. Thanks for posting to our community. We appreciate it, and are happy you thought of us to assist. We have the best tools, like the Xfinity Assistant. It is the best resource to manage the account and service online when we are not available. It is my favorite as I can check the service health, and also reboot the wifi for dinner time. That ensures the kids come to eat, and that makes me very happy. Here is a link that I found for you to make it easy to use https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/. We know having the best price is important for monthly savings. The special discount price from the government you mention, was it the ACP Program that granted people up to $30 for broadband or cell phone service?

2 Messages

@XfinityBenny​ yes. Xfinity wrote me after the program ended they would extend special offers for ACP recipients. Unfortunately just the opposite happened. 

Official Employee

• 

968 Messages

@user_mqz2p5, we would love to help you out. Please, send a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started. I'll see you there!

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
•Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
•Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
•Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
•Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
•Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here