T

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2024 2:01 PM

Anyone Else Experiencing Billing Issues and Modem Resets During Xfinity Live Chats?

Hey everyone,
I wanted to share my recent experience with Xfinity and see if anyone else has had similar problems. My bill unexpectedly doubled, and getting it fixed has been incredibly frustrating. On top of that, I’ve encountered some strange technical issues during live chat sessions, and I’m curious if others have experienced the same thing.
Here’s what happened:
1. Billing Problems
My bill jumped from $60 to $150 with no explanation. I contacted Xfinity’s customer service via live chat, and after being transferred multiple times, an agent promised me that my bill would go back to $60. But nothing changed. A month later, I got another $150 bill, so I reached out again. After spending hours in chat, another agent assured me the bill would be fixed within 24 hours. Of course, it didn’t happen.
2. Unkept Promises and No Accountability
I’ve saved all the chat transcripts and screenshots to document the promises that were made to me. But when I called customer support, they told me that they couldn’t honor what the previous agents said, and I had been "misguided." It feels like I’m just being bounced around, and no one’s taking responsibility.
3. Modem Reset During Live Chats
Here’s the really strange part: during my first live chat session, I asked multiple times to speak with a manager. All of a sudden, my modem was reset, and I lost the chat connection. I wasn’t even calling about a connection issue, so it seemed really suspicious. After my modem came back online, I reconnected with live chat, went through the same process, and my modem was reset again.
Out of curiosity, I did some research and found that this seems to be a recurring issue with Xfinity. A lot of people on other forums have reported that their modems were reset during live chats. It seems like a weird pattern, and I’m wondering if anyone here has experienced the same thing?
Has anyone else gone through these billing issues or had their modem reset during live chats with Xfinity? If so, how did you handle it? I’d really appreciate hearing about your experiences or any advice you might have.
Thanks in advance!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

17 days ago

Tohon That certainly isn't the experience we want for our customers when working with us about their account. I would be happy to help help in any way I can to get you taken care of, and you can't lose a coversation with us here. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here