K

Saturday, January 6th, 2024 12:41 AM

Closed

acp reversal - 4 times for no reason

Hi,  Xfinity

I really need help with this.  Me and my husband are 65+ seniors, and have not been able to receive the ACP credits because of  XFINITY always reverses it without any reason.  This  is my fourth time getting the reversal.  It feels like someone else could be using my credit somewhere else, and because of that the reversal is happening, and I'm getting billed for no reason.  This is very frustrating. 

Below is something I received today on January 5th 2024.  The thing is,  it mentions Maryland,  and I'm not even living in Maryland.  Also attaching the screenshot.  

We've reversed your last
federal Affordable Connectivity Program credit

The federal Affordable Connectivity Program and the Maryland Emergency Broadband Benefit (MEBB) do not allow consumers to be enrolled with more than one service provider at a time, and our records show that you are receiving your ACP credit from another service provider. As a result, we want to make you aware of a few changes on your next Xfinity bill. First, the ACP credit that you received last month will now appear as a charge. Second, you will resume being charged the full price for your service prior to having the ACP credit applied. Additionally, if you live in the state of Maryland and are currently enrolled in the Maryland Emergency Broadband Benefit (MEBB), you will no longer remain eligible for that credit with Xfinity.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. If you believe you have been transferred in error and would like to re-enroll in the ACP program through Xfinity, or if you have any other questions or concerns about your ACP de-enrollment with Xfinity, please visit us at www.xfinity.com/acp or call us at 1-800-XFINITY.

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

9 months ago

Concern moved here to the Billing help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

291 Messages

9 months ago

The mention of the Maryland Emergency Broadband Benefit is a disclosure on all notifications as it is an additional program available to residents of that state. The reason for the reversal according to the email is because our records show that you are receiving the ACP credit from another provider and the program does not allow for the credit to be applied to more than one provider at a time. Do you have another service provider that you are enrolled with the ACP applied to for a discount to your bill?

If not, if you have any additional questions or need more information, you can also contact USAC’s ACP Support Center by emailing ACPSupport@usac.org or calling (877) 384-2575.

2 Messages

No I'm not.   I live in NJ only,  and hadn't been able to receive the benefit at all.  This is my fourth reversal over-all.   I submitted my documents multiple times, and instead of calling or re-verifying it with me,  they just cancel.  Very frustrating.  Even ACP department has no clue.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @kailasben1955 Thank you so much for your time tonight. I'm truly sorry for the inconvience you are experiencing with trying to get connected with the ACP benefit. You would need to contact ACP support either from the link my colleague provided you or through the toll-free number since they are the ones that are canceling your application. I do apologize, Xfinity has no control over the enrollment process.-Richard

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

9 months ago

I have been on ACP for over a year and just this month, my credit was also reversed stating the credit was applied else where. I don’t have other services that has this credit. Please help

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Oh no, @Zero000000001! It's showing the reason according to that photo you shared is due to our records show that you are receiving the ACP credit from another provider. The program does not allow for the credit to be applied to more than one provider at a time. If you believe this is fraud, please contact the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) at ACPHelp@usac.org.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here