U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, October 20th, 2022 8:01 PM

Closed

ACP help

I've been certified for ACP and receiving it for number of months by now. Yesterday 10/20 I received an email from Xfinity saying (also see image attached):

"Xfinity 
We've reversed your last
federal Affordable Connectivity Program credit
The federal Affordable Connectivity Program and the Maryland Emergency Broadband Benefit (MEBB) do not allow consumers to be enrolled with more than one service provider at a time, and our records show that you are receiving your ACP credit from another service provider. As a result, we want to make you aware of a few changes on your next Xfinity bill. First, the ACP credit that you received last month will now appear as a charge. Second, you will resume being charged the full price for your service prior to having the ACP credit applied. Additionally, if you live in the state of Maryland and are currently enrolled in the Maryland Emergency Broadband Benefit (MEBB), you will no longer remain eligible for that credit with Xfinity.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. If you believe you have been transferred in error and would like to re-enroll in the ACP program through Xfinity, or if you have any other questions or concerns about your ACP de-enrollment with Xfinity, please visit us at www.xfinity.com/acp or call us at 1-800-Xfinity.

Thank you for being an Xfinity customer"

I DO NOT receive ACP from another service provider!

Call yesterday and got nowhere speaking with 2 representatives who could not find the message and told me I'm still getting ACP.

Again called to day asking either to have Xfinity send me an email stating that they still provide me with ACP or re-enroll as per the email. Again talked with 2 different representatives; the 1st said that maybe it is one of the 86,000 emails sent in error and I'll not know until 11/05 two days before my bill if I ACP will be applied. I asked to be re-enrolled in case that it is not an "error", was send to the Xfinity ACP representative that after collecting all my information said that I'm till enrolled with Xfinity. I asked for it in writing but he couldn't help me.

Any advice how to make sure I will lose the ACP completely? We really need this help.

Thank you!

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_b3bfc2 I understand how concerning it is to receive this letter about your ACP credit ending. It is true that there were customers that were incorrectly enrolled, but that has been resolved. You can re enrolling https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/emergency-broadband-benefit-enroll if this gives you peace of mind. I can also review your account to see if there are notes about the ACP benefit. Just send over a DM with your full name and address. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityYvonne​ Thank you for the replay! How I DM you please?

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_b3bfc2 Sure thing. To send the requested information in a private message to Xfinity Support from any Forum page:

•  Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityYvonne​ I applied again with the National Verifier ID which was provided to me and got that from Xfinity. I feel I'm in a Catch-22.

[Image Removed: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

Sorry about that! In that case, please call our Internet Essentials Team that can work with you on this. Their number is 1-855-846-8376. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I do not live in Maryland but I just discovered i was "de-enrolled" from the ACP program as was said in my xfinity monthly bill for May.  I have been charged 9.95/month every since that bill and I had absolutely no idea until about a week ago. So anyways, I guess what I am wondering from you is, did you get credited back for the months they were charging you for or did those charges become your responsibility until you were able to be re-approved?   

Official Employee

• 

232 Messages

Hello, @t.gorenflo. I see that one of my colleagues has provided the phone number to our ACP experts. Were you able to give them a call?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here