U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, March 23rd, 2022 5:37 PM

Closed

Acp credit not applied

I signed up for and received the acp benefit. It applied just fine the first month. This would have been the second month. I saw it wasn't on my bill. So I called. Call 1. Doesn't always apply on exact same day. Can check later. Call 2. Still hasn't applied. Check back later. Call 3. Sometimes won't apply til the day before or the day bill is due. Well, it never appeared. I've seen comments online from other xfinity customers that it wasn't being applied either. Which is why I called all those times. No one has seen it as a problem that needs to be addressed. How do we fix this?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 years ago

Hi there @user_e29552!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity support with Digital Care here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to assist in any way that we can to address and resolve your billing inquiry.  I see that you have also sent us a private message with your name and account info.  We will follow up with you via private message shortly.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityArmand​ i have the same problem right now and no one has been able to help me

Administrator

• 

656 Messages

Hi @user_6723ab

Thank You for connecting with us today and bringing this to our attention. The ACP is a longer-term replacement for the federal Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB). It was designed to help lower-income households connect to the Internet and stay connected.

The Program provides eligible customers of participating broadband providers up to a $30/month ($75/month for Tribal lands) credit toward Internet and mobile services for the duration of the program. It will last for as long as the Federal Government funds the Program, which is expected to be several years. The amount of the credit depends on the rate for the services selected.

If you are an Xfinity Internet or Internet Essentials Customers;

1. Check eligibility for ACP. Complete the National Verifier form
  2. Complete the Xfinity ACP enrollment form to receive your credit. For this step, you’ll need the application ID you received from the National Verifier when you were approved. Start ACP enrollment

Expect to hear a status update from us within 48 hours of applying for ACP.

If you have Xfinity Mobile, but do not have Xfinity Internet;

1. Check eligibility for ACP. Complete the National Verifier form
  2. Once you’ve confirmed eligibility, please call 844-389-4681 to enroll in ACP through Xfinity and have your ACP credit applied to your Xfinity Mobile service.

Expect to hear a status update from us within 48 hours of applying for ACP.

Once you receive confirmation of your enrollment, you could see the ACP credit on your very next bill. However, depending on when you enroll, the credit may not appear until your second bill after enrollment.

We apply a customer's first ACP credit two days after they’re approved for the program. If their bill period extended into the next month, they’ll see a second credit on their first bill. Going forward, they’ll only see one credit per bill period.

For example, if a customer's bill period begins on June 8, ends on July 7 and they were approved for ACP on June 12:

• We’ll apply their first ACP credit up to $30 on June 14.
  • Future credits are then applied two days before the customer's cycle date for the following calendar month.
    • In this example, that would be on July 5, so the customer would see two ACP credits on their June 8 bill statement.
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

2 years ago

@user_e29552 

The sending of a Private Message to anyone in the Forums, especially Official Employees, unless specifically requested, is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

Please do NOT send any of the Official Employees private messages unless they request it. By doing so they are being flooded with PM's and are being bogged down in trying to answer all of them. This keeps them from doing their job effectively here in the forums and defeats the purpose of the forums.

Thanks

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Sorry. When reading the other posts, everyone was asked to do as to get their issue solved. I assumed they would ask me as well, and so sent one. 

I still haven't heard back from anyone. Since I was naughty, I guess that's what I deserve.

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@user_e29552​ Did anyone ever reply to you besides me?  Were you able to get your issue resolved?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Having same problem.

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

Hi there @user_f7b32e!

Thank you for reaching out about the Affordable Connectivity Program. Is the issue that you are having the same as the original post in this thread, where the credit showed previously on a bill and does not now? If so, please check to make sure that there have not been any messages left on your phone, email, text, or via mail, advising that there was information missing. That may cause de-enrollment, but you can re-enroll on our ACP site

If the issue is not the same as the original post, please let us know. We appreciate your time and want to ensure that your bill is as it should be :) 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I applied for the ACP and I qualified. Why isn’t the credit showing up on my bill? 

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@Little_Staps​ Did you also fill out the application for Comcast at Internet Essentials?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

exact same problem. The credit applied on May 1st for my bill covering 4/29-5-28, but nothing on my June bill 5/29-6/28. I've called and got no help, they just say that it will show on my next bill. If it shows on the next bill, that will be for July, with no credit in June smh. I'll wait until the last day to pay and see if it applies, but this is frustrating

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

Hello @grammaton1  thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. I see that you are reaching out because you are having issues with the ACP credit. I will be happy to look into your account to see what the issue is.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityStephanieT​ 

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7 - that is a dead end link.

The page could not be found or you don't have permission to view it.

Why is Comcast still providing it?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_0fa633, we appreciate you taking the time to reach out. Can you confirm if you are logged in? Have you attempted the following steps instead of clicking the link? 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I contact Xfinity about my ACP credit too. I figured out myself it’s supposed to credit my acct every 30 days . Mine is supposed to be June 12, but it still isn’t there & in 5 days the full payment will automatically be taken from my acct.  A warning when you contact them. I used chat in the offical website. During that time, I was offered a mobile add that added up to $0. I told them write it up & show me, I’ll wait. Instead, about 5mins later,they told me my bank acct was frozen. I asked why were you trying to get in my bank acct., I hadn’t agreed to or authorized anything.Then they wanted my soc sec# & my husband’s too & he’s not on the acct. Talking to another CSR,I was told there was no such offer. And they confirmed I was in the offical Xfinity website after I gave them the link I used.  They have the info they need by my Xfinity acct,to add anything. I copied & pasted the entire convo. They sent  a verification code,yet the site is not secure.I suggest you be cautious & record your convos. ACP credits are coming from the government who sends them the money every 30days. It’s almost impossible to contact Infinity & get a definite answer .I think it’s best to contact ACP Support Center at (877) 384-2575.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_bc1556​  I’m having same issue. Xfinity doesn’t know when the credit will be applied, that it just appears. I called the ACP program and the only information they can see is if a person is approved. So nobody seems to know or directed me to person who does. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_bc1556 I definitely understand the frustration. Our team of experts here are able to confirm if it is approved. Have you tried called our team that is dedicated to handling ACP questions at 1-855-846-8376?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I'm having the same problem. I've used the chat on the website and called on the phone, 3 times now they've told me the credit would apply to my next bill and then it never does, it still hasn't applied to any bill. It's been 4 months since I got approved and still nothing.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @user_4d2bde! I live on a tight budget so I understand how important it is to have the credit applied. I want to make sure this is taken care of for you since you've been waiting 4 months! Have you reached out to our team that's dedicated to helping with the ACP program? You can reach them at 1-855-846-8376 and they are available 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM ET, seven days a week.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I saw on a post to call internet essentials 844-389-4681, that they are the group to handle most ACP issues. I spoke with an agent he told me he could see the approved ACP credit and said he could see the date for the next credit. I had another question and he referred me to billing, there I spoke with an agent who actually was able to help. For the very first time dealing with Comcast I hung up being a satisfied customer. My recommendation is speaking with someone in internet essentials for ACP help. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Good to hear you were able to get the help you needed. If you have any other concerns, we are always happy to help or point you in the right direction. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Xfinity transferred my acp benefit from another company to my xfinity internet. After this happened I found out I was eligible for the internet essentials. The person I talked to didn’t know how to downgrade my acct to internet essentials so she just closed my acct and then opened a whole new acct for me. Now I can’t get the acp benefit on my new acct. every time I have tried I am told that my application comes back with a “duplicate” error. I have talked to acp and they tell me that xfinity is slready sssigned my benefit, which is why they get the duplicate error. Xfinity (the company).  I have lost 6 months of acp benefit because of this, and I have spent well over 45 hours on the phone being transferred from one “expert” to another, and frustration over people calling me liars and being unwilling to call acp to find out the truth that they are assigned my benefit) I ended up having a mental breakdown. I was told my xfinity I had to wait for my acp application to expire and reapply for acp do that they could use my new acp number on my acct. that didn’t work either, still came back as duplicate.  I know that I can not be the only one this had happened to. I have to say, I am seriously wondering if xfinity is scamming the government and customers out of there benefits????   
now I had to go buy another phone and pay for a prepaid monthly subscription to that phone and see if they can transfer my acp benefit away from xfinity…. Which has cost me a considerable amt. if money as I live on ssi. Now I have to wait a month to see if it can be transferred back to xfinity. (I would totally dump xfinity, but I live in an old bld and they are my only option for internet). 
I wish someone who had some serious knowledge about all this would contact me because I am honestly ready to call Chicago news stations to try to start an investigation into Xfinity’s practices when it comes to acp benefits! Have they picketed my last 6 months of acp benefit?? So many questions!

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

@user_902012​. I just wrote a long reply to you that didn't post. I'm not going to repeat everything I just typed but just know when it comes to ACP You Are Not Alone. Xfinity customer service reps don't seem to know what they're talking about. I was told the other day that my ACP had expired when in reality it hadn't. And for some unknown reason the credit for ACP is now applied to my bill 4 days after after the bill is due which is of no help whatsoever. When I first started receiving ACP it was already applied to my bill now it isn't and I have no idea why. I'm not paying my bill today I was told the late charge would be would be waived so we'll see.

I'm also on a fixed income so I understand what you're going through just know that you're not alone. Xfinity customer service reps need better training and if they don't know what you're trying to get help with then you should be able to talk to someone that does. When my ACP got messed up I got help from the FCC. I'm not saying that that was easy but you may want to try it.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I had the same problem. I transfered my ACP to another service. I am still waiting for a refund from Xfinity which was mailed on the 12th of July. Haven't seen it yet.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @user_340b10! You've come to the perfect place to get help with tracking down the refund. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help :). 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I've experienced the same issue.  I applied for the benefit in June and was immediately accepted. I received the credit on my July bill, but not for the one that is due tomorrow.

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

That is certainly odd that it is not showing up on this billing cycle, @user_8469b6. We would be more than happy to take a closer look into this and see why it is not on the billing statement. You can send us a Direct Message by clicking the Chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the Pen and Paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and I'll be happy to help.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_8469b6​ same here. And guy I’m supposed ACP dept told me that I would not get next credit until end of August, and that I’d be responsible for paying this bill, due tomorrow, August 17th. When I asked if I would receive a refund when credit applied, he said no. Then xfinity rep said I had to make payment arrangements if I can’t pay bill by 8/21/22. That would probably include a late fee I’m thinking. Something is wrong here.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Call or have them call you from the option in chat, to apply your credit right now. I kept contacting them to apply my credit. They first applied $15, I refreshed and contacted them back & told them to apply the other $15 . 2 wks after that, I got my $30 ACP which showed on my next bill. Now I’m getting it each month after my bill is paid & before my bill comes out.If I hadn’t called, I would have been cheated out of 1 month. They always try to sell you more products. They try to sell before they fix your issue,so stick to reason you called. Don’t let them get you off the subject. I understand that’s part of their job. But you can say no thank you. And we need our $30, we wouldn’t have asked for it. Good Luck 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I was tricked into signing up for qlink phone service not knowing it would take my $30 ACP  lifeline reward from Xfinity. They say this is happening to a lot of people. I tried cancelling with qlink which is [Edited: "Language"] impossible. So ACP told me to just reapply with Xfinity and you should be fine. Now Xfinity is denying me saying I need to reapply at another time. Direct quote " At this time you are not eligible to transfer your benefit. Benefits may only be transferred from one provider to another one time every calendar month. Please try again at a later date."  Doesn't sound very promising. [Edited: "Language/Inflammatory"] Xfinity says their gonna charge me full price now for next month plus charge me from last month where the ACP award was applied  they're taking that $30 back retroactively. Totally evil. So next month if I can't get them to apply my ACP I'll be charged $138 when I was paying $67 with the ACP. I'm really done with Xfinity. I'd love to cancel Xfinity but they are a monopoly where I live and there is no other options.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

Hey @Aaronm108 [Edited username], I appreciate you making us aware of the ACP credit issue and concern. I am here and would love a chance to investigate and turn this experience around. Our goals is to ensure we provide all eligible customers the discount and sorry to hear Qlink applied the credit on their end. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9r for an example.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@Aaronm108 [Edited username to remove PII]​ This is why I won’t add anything else.I was a Comcast customer for 32 yrs.I left over 5 yrs ago. They offered me a add on premium channel, I took it like a dummy. They charged me and early termination fee,plus retro charged me, and pre charged me , and refused to work with me as a longtime customer.Said pay the bill or they would turn off my service and charge me another early termination fee for the new service. I couldn’t believe they could be so rude and callous. I thought maybe they changed. From what I’m reading they’re worse. I went with Xfinity bc they offered the best deal. But I am not adding anything. And if my ACP gets messed up, I’ll take it as high up as possible. This is federal money. They aren’t doing us a favor.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@Aaronm108 Qlink is the worst too. [Edited: "Solicitation"] I filed a FCC complaint about Qlink and I had multiple calls from a Qlink supervisor within a week about the situation and it was resolved. Qlink is sketchy already so they don’t want the FCC involved. I hope it works for you as well it did for me. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I was approved for the ACP program on June 13, 2022. I kept trying to give internet essentials that number and they said they did not recognize the number. After applying for internet essentials, it took just over a month to get the whole thing started, and get the equipment. I kept getting the run around. Every time I called, each person would tell me something different. I ended up getting the first partial month credit in July on 7/14/22. When I wasn’t seeing the next credit appear on new bill, I called. The guy kept me on phone chit chatting for about an hour explaining everything to me. He said the next months credit should be applied 30 days later, from 7/14/22. He said if new credit wasn’t applied by 8/14/23, he would apply it. The 14th was Sunday, so I waited till 8/16/22 to call. My bill is due 8/17/22. 
Then rep transferred me to who she said was ACP dept. He said I would not get the credit until end of August, even though my bill is due 8/17/22. He said I would have to pay this months bill, and that’s the way it worked. And that I would never be due a refund for that. That I have to pay that first month myself, after first month credit for partial month. I asked next cyst Serb rep what to do. She said call after grace period to make payment arrangements. It’s like, are you kidding. Something is wrong here. I shouldn’t have to be paying any of bills is approved for ACP. Is xfinity keeping my credit? Am I going to have to make payment arrangements every onto to pay the bill? Will there be late fees? Can’t they do something. This one also said she can’t do any crediting herself or fix it. Very frustrated. Please advise.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hi user_7244e6, thank you for reaching out to us here with these great details. Unfortunately if you are already enrolled in the Internet Essentials program (IEPP) then you would not qualify for the ACP program. You can only have one benefit on the account at a time so, if you'd like the ACP discount then you would have to unenroll from IEPP and visa versa, if you want IEPP then you cannot use the ACP discount. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAmir​ That's cute. I was told by your customer service team that in order to qualify for ACP through Xfinity, I had to have an open Xfinity Mobile account as well as qualify for and have an active Internet Essentials account. Actually, I was calling to talk about my Internet Essentials account when the rep told me how 'great of a deal' he had for me as he proceeded to tell me about ACP and Xfinity Mobile. That's the only reason I switched, I thought I was going to be saving money. I am now paying $65 more than I was paying with AT&T with so many cellular dead zones, and I live in a major metro area. 

I switched in April. My first bill had the credit, but every following bill hasn't had it. I have been approved and reapplied for ACP 8 times in the past 5 months. I have been credited all of $10 to my account over the past 5 months when I have been entitled to $150 (5x$30) of federally subsidized money split up between my Mobile and Internet accounts, as promised when I signed up and was approved.

This is how you kill a mobile carrier company before it gets off the ground, folks. Right here. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

@user_7244e6​ We are a sorry lot....all with the same problem......Me thinks FCC should get involved and pronto.  Xfinity story..." One hand doesn't know what the other is doing"  or.....do they?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I've been charged the Limited Basic Converter charge for months despite reaching out monthly about it because I don't have that equipment and never have. And now I'm on ACP, and the first month it applied, but now it's the second month and the full bill pulled out without the credit from ACP. I contacted customer service and was told I would get 2 ACP credits for next month  to "make up" for the one that didn't apply to this month. But I've been told this about the Basic Limited Converter for MONTHS now and nothing changes so I don't believe I'll be getting double credited next month. I am frustrated and angry because I shouldn't have to be contacting customer support every month for being overcharged on my bill. I do not recommend XFINITY to anyone that likes  having a consistent bill. 

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

I'd be frustrated as well with this, @user_955233! We always want to make sure you have the right credits on your account, especially when it comes to awesome programs like ACP, so our team would be happy to help with checking into this further. Can you please send us a direct message with your first and last name and address?

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (top right corner)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here