U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 14th, 2023 5:09 AM

Closed

ACP credit never applied, Reps lie that they apply it

I applied for ACP in December 2022 and was approved. Immediately called xfinity to have it applied to my bills and they told me I had to wait 3 months for it to apply, would claim they apply it but never do. February, I get the credit applied the same day I call after not seeing it applied. In March, they refused to refund me my money after claiming in February that it would be applied in my March bill and I had to wait for it to be applied to my April bill. The associate even went as far as to say that you only get credited for one month and that’s all it’s good for, so I told them straight up that was a lie cause it a program by the government that doesn’t end until there is no more federal funding and they transferred me immediately to someone else. In April, out of nowhere my ACP applicant ID was considered invalid by them. So, I called ACP directly and they tell me that xfinity had to have enrolled and de-enrolled me repeatedly from their system cause my application should’ve been good to receive a discount for a year but expired in March after being de-enrolled by xfinity. They also informed me I didn’t really need to wait 3 months for it to be applied because it’s typically supposed to be applied within 1-2 billing cycles. So, I applied for lifeline that’s supposed to be good for a year as well. On April 5, I called and gave them the applicant ID because I was approved immediately. The associate took my information and told me I had to wait 24-48 hrs for a email confirmation that I was enrolled to receive the credit on my bills. And again I didn’t receive anything so idk what’s going on with xfinity but I’m honestly starting to feel like it’s a scamming scheme. They just pretend to apply your applicant ID but they never actually do it so, you have to pay the full price and they just keep lying that it’ll supposedly be applied to your next month bill.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @user_aaca91. Thank you for coming here to our forums for support with the missing ACP credit and Lifeline credit issues you've been experiencing. We want the process to be as simple as possible for our customers, and I would love to review this further with you. To confirm, only one credit may be applied at a time and signing up for additional programs may cause an issue with the credit. Were you provided any error codes regarding the application during the process? Were multiple applications pending during the same time period? At this time, are you applying for Lifeline and ACP or only one of them? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityStephanieK​ Thank you for replying to my issue. To clarify further, neither applications were applied for at the same time. I applied for ACP first in December 2022. After being enrolled and de-enrolled by xfinity to receive credits from ACP, my application expired in March 12, 2023. So, I applied for Lifeline in the beginning of April 2023 and was accepted immediately. Never did I receive an error code, I was accepted without issues. The only one really giving me any issues is xfinity. I am yet to receive any email confirmation that my lifeline applicant ID was actually applied to my xfinity account so I can start receiving credits on my upcoming bills. So, I have no idea if it was even applied and the rep I spoke to on the phone confirmed my information twice to make sure it was correct and it was, so it can’t be an issue of incorrect info. 

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

I would love the opportunity to check on the status on my end for you. Please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name. The message icon is located at the top right of the Community Forum page, clicking on the message icon will allow you to initiate a chat conversation with us directly. Please ensure you are sending your message to our 'Xfinity Support' handle. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here