Z

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Wednesday, January 11th, 2023 2:34 AM

Closed

ACP Credit - Keeps getting incorrectly removed from my account/billing

I have been eligible for the ACP credit for over a year now. Over this past year, on four different occasions, I have had my credit incorrectly removed from my bill. Each time I have called in to speak with customer service and am given a different explanation. Basically they all boil down to Xfinity telling me my credit was transferred to another carrier. This is not true as I have never had another carrier not have I made any changes to my information or transfers of my ACP application/credit. I have now had my credit removed once again and I need assistance with this immediately. I have tried calling to speak with a rep but unfortunately have been given the run around. Xfinity customer service is telling me again that my credit has been transferred to another carrier which it has not. They then direct me to call the ACP to find out where it has been transferred to. The ACP does not assist customers with their billing but I am able to verify with them my eligibility status. After checking with the FCC directly to confirm that I am still approved and my credit was not transferred, I tried calling one last time to speak with Xfinity This resulted in me being transferred to three separate departments and eventually hung up on.

Can someone please assist me with this and also going forward that the credit not be removed?

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_1bf9e1. I am sad to hear this keeps happening to you. We are experts of may Xfinity things over this platform. We however, are not experts in the ACP program but our awesome Internet Essentials team is an expert in this! You can call into 1-800-XFINITY and ask to be transferred there, or I have there phone number as 1-855-846-8376, and they are open from 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM ET, seven days a week! Why I have you here, how are your home services doing? 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for replying, but I will still need your help. The Internet Essentials team and the number you provided is the group I have contacted for support each time I've had an issue with my ACP being removed from my account. In my original post I mentioned being finally hung up on during my last contact with Xfinity. That happened after calli g the Internet Essentials dept. as I always have. The first rep listened to my issuses and transfers me to what she refers to as "that department" who can assist me with my problem. After discussing my issues with the 2nd representative she then transfers me to what she refers to as "billing" who then eventually hung up on me.

Each time I'm given the runaround and each time it appears I spend longer and longer trying to get this corrected however it is not my issue to correct.

What is another option that is available to assist me in correcting this and helping to ensure that it does not happen again?

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Here are the dates that I am seeing the ACP credit of $30 being applied to your account. Let's start in September and go to current. The dates I show are 9/18/22, 10/2/22, 11/2/22, 12/2/22, and now 1/2/23. I also see a $30 credit was added on 10/7/22. From my side I am seeing that you have gotten the $30 credit every month.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

This is not correct if you look at the bill detail. I had been talking with someone on direct messaging and seemed to be making progress however I have not heard back from anyone through the direct messages for 2 days now.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

@user_1bf9e1, I am sorry to hear about your experience. If you still qualify for ACP, you should still have the discount on the account. If you would like to send us a Direct Message with your name and service address, we can see if anything stands out as to why the credit has fallen off. We are very limited as to what we can do, as my teammate mentioned. We do not have access to the system that qualifies or applies ACP discounts to your account. Our Internet Essentials team handles it for us. If we may look, we look forward to your reply. Otherwise, please reach out to Internet Essentials once again. 

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityLinda​ Thank you for replying! I had been talking with someone on direct messaging and seemed to be making progress however I have not heard back regarding my bill for 2 days now. Are you able to see the message history between myself and support? Or do I need to direct message support again? I can still see the chat history, however it seems that I am unable to get any assistance through the DM since I initially began talking with someone.

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@zack2020​ 

Please don't start a new thread with this issue as it's against the Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  Continue here and in DM.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

No one is replying to me in DM as I stated above. I initially was working with a rep who was a huge help, then nothing. The other reps have either asked the same questions over again or no one was responding. So technically this is a separate issue (no one responding in DM like the solution that was given to me was stated) that stemmed from my first issue, the ACP credit being removed. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This has been happening to me too!! Today is the third time that I have had my ACP removed from my account due to “inactivity” which is totally crazy because I use the internet every single day!? I was told by the representative that it was nothing to worry about, and I still happened anyway. I’m close to choosing a different provider because this is so rude to do to people who are in low income areas. Like we have it hard enough.  

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, @Very_Annoyed_With_Xfinity, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I can understand how stressful it would to have your credit removed especially due to usage. I would like to look further into this with you, please send us a direct message with your full name and service address to get started. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

This keeps happening to me as well. Anytime I have asked about this in a chat the reps keep saying I still have it on my account yet it isn't in reality. When I go to reapply it says I am still on the program or something to that effect. Sorry but this company is a joke. Now that they have taken over everything they feel like they don't have to obey the law I suppose. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@ConorL1979, I would be happy to take a closer look. Please send me a DM with your name and full address by doing the following:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here