U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, May 15th, 2021 9:47 PM

Closed

2 product discount and auto pay discount

Prior to April 18 2021 I had a preferred package including digital preferred,blast internet and XFINITY voice unlimited @$129.95.  I was also charged an internet speed increase called Extreme 105 internet $10.  My TV Digital starter is through my community.  I have had this service since 2018.  Prior to 2018 I was at a different address with a similar package in the same town.  I have no idea when I enrolled in autopay and paperless billing but it was at least in 2018.   After speaking with several others in my area who are paying much less than I do, I went to my local xfinity store and was told that I was was overpaying but they could not make a change since I am part of "bulk" service.  So on 4/18/21 I called.  I was told I DID NOT have Blast! even though my package said I did  that I was only getting extreme.   If I changed to Blast! and kept all other services I would save approx $30 per month.  If I had never called I would not have known I was not getting the services my bill said I had.  So of course I made the change.    Now that I have my new bill, I see that the only reason it is less than before is because of  discounts of $20 for 2 products and $10 for autopay and paperless billing.  The cost on my digital preferred, voice and Blast is actually more than what I was paying before.   

MY QUESTION IS:  why was I not getting those discounts before?   I did a chat was was told they are new discounts, then was told they are old discounts but they did not apply to my "old market "plan and that now I have a "new market" plan.  Than is ridiculous.   How does Xfinity explain this?  Old Market is from 2018?  I believe I am entitled to a adjustment of prior fees to include at minimum the auto pay and paperless billing discount of $10 for as long as that discount was in effect. 

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

150 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_d96941, I'm so sorry to hear that your previous plan didn't have those discounts or promotional rates included in. I know our promotions do change, so at times we may have new promotions available that previously weren't available, including specific discounts for things like autopay and EcoBill paperless billing enrollment. I know that some promotions didn't previously have this discount, and some of the newer ones we've rolled out this year do include that discount (although this is subject to the promotion and area) so this could be why there are differences with your new promotion compared to the previous one. However, I'd definitely be happy to take a deeper look into this for you. Please send us a Live Chat with your first and last name as well as your service address so we can assist. 

To send a Live Chat, click the Peer to Peer chat icon at the top right of the page and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_d96941

Also note that when you move you are given a new account number.  Account numbers are tied not only to a person but to a residence.  That may be why you lost your discounts.

@ComcastPeter please don't forget to close the loop on this and let us all know the results, keeping in the concept of open forums.  Thanks!  😉

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thank for your response.  I don’t have the time or patience to continue to pursue this, what is, is.  I am new to forums and don’t know how to mark as best answer. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@ComcastPeter thank you for your response. I do not have the time or patience to pursue this further, just accepting what is, is.  How do I mark as best answer, I am new to forums? 

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

Understood. We appreciate you reaching out! If you do change your mind, please know we can be reached through here 24/7. It may take a while for reply, and we appreciate the patience! Please be assured we will always do our best to reply ASAP. 

It does look like the answer above was already marked as an accepted solution, so this thread is all set! We hope to work with you in the future! Good night! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here