alex76's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 9th, 2022 1:34 PM

Closed

$100 tech visit

Recently I moved and transferred my internet service. It wasn't working, called Comcast and they sent a tech who resolved the issue. Why was I charged a service fee if all I did was xfer?? Can this be waived?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, @alex76! Thanks for bringing your billing concerns to the community for assistance. I can understand your surprise if you weren't expecting a charge for the tech visit. Even with transfers of service, we typically stipulate that if self-installation fails, there may be a $100 charge to send a technician (we must pay them to complete the work they're there for). However, I'd be more than happy to look over your account and confirm any options we have at this time! Could you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address to get started?

To send a "Direct (private) Message":
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New Message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here