Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

63 Messages

Wednesday, May 29th, 2024 3:30 PM

Closed

Xfinity Mobile FAQs

Xfinity Mobile FAQs

Find answers to your questions about Xfinity Mobile.

FAQs

What is Xfinity Mobile?
We're America’s most reliable 5G network combined with the most WiFi hotspots nationwide. With access to millions of hotspots, you can save more on your phone bill every month — and save your data for when you really need it.

Our data options are designed to serve our customers' needs. We offer By the Gig data for yourself or to share, or you can go Unlimited.

Am I eligible for Xfinity Mobile?
Xfinity Mobile is only available to our Xfinity Internet post-pay customers. If you don't have Xfinity Internet yet, sign up now and begin using our mobile services.

How is coverage in my area?
Enter your ZIP code to explore our network coverage of 5G, 4G LTE, and millions of secure Xfinity WiFi hotspots in your area.

What type of data plans does Xfinity Mobile offer?
We offer By the Gig and Unlimited data choices. Get data for yourself or share when you choose By the Gig. Unlimited data is great for those who need more flexibility.

How much will I pay per month?

With Xfinity Mobile’s By the Gig data option, you pay $20 per month for 1 GB of data that you can use yourself or share across lines. If you go over your data amount, you'll be charged $20 for each additional GB.

Learn how By the Gig works.

If you select Unlimited data, the monthly price depends on how many Unlimited phone lines you have on your account and which Unlimited data option you choose:

• Unlimited 
  • Unlimited Plus

The more Unlimited phone lines you have, the lower your monthly cost per line. To get multi-line Unlimited pricing with our latest plan, you can upgrade your plan by heading to your account online or in the app.

View more pricing details.

Will I be able to switch between the Unlimited tiers on the go?
Yes, you can switch between Unlimited tiers (e.g. Unlimited to Unlimited Plus) using the Xfinity app, over the phone, or in an Xfinity Retail Store.

• If upgrading tiers, you will see the change in your bill and service immediately.
  • If downgrading tiers, you will see the change take effect at the start of your next billing cycle.
  • You will see only the Unlimited tiers associated with your current plan when you log in to the Xfinity app.

How much will I pay per month for tablets?
Customers with a tablet can sign up for the Tablet Unlimited plan, which offers 15 GB of data for just $20 per month. 

After 15 GB of data usage, per line, speeds will be reduced to 5Mbps until the end of the bill cycle.

As an Xfinity Mobile customer, you may qualify for up to 10 lines with your Xfinity Mobile account. In addition to your data charges, we apply monthly charges such as taxes and fees, which are based on your location.

If you choose to purchase your device with a device payment plan (DPP) or add the Xfinity Mobile Protection Plan (XMPP), those amounts will be included in your bill as well. To give you a clear understanding of your monthly charges, we'll provide you with an estimated monthly bill before you check out.

Are smartwatches included in multi line pricing?
No, smartwatches count towards the total number of lines but are not included in multi-line pricing. 

How will I know when my service charges will start?
Your billing cycle starts the moment you activate your device, or seven days after device shipment — whichever comes first. Your card will automatically be charged 20 days after your billing cycle ends. You can also make a one-time payment after your billing cycle ends but before your card is automatically charged.

Here’s a sample of a billing timeline:

• December 6: Device ships
  • December 13 (seven days later): Billing cycle begins
  • January12: Billing cycle ends
  • February 2 (20 days after your billing cycle ends): Payment is due

Is there a term contract I need to enter to receive services?
There is no term contract required when you sign up for Xfinity Mobile service.

• You can cancel service anytime without paying an early termination fee.
  • Learn more about our satisfaction guarantee.

I’m switching to Xfinity Mobile. Will Xfinity Mobile pay the early termination from my old carrier?
We don’t pay off your remaining balance or cover the early termination fee you may incur when leaving your other carrier.

Why is my Social Security number (SSN) required?
SSNs are required to become a new Xfinity Mobile customer. This requirement was put in place to protect you and prevent fraud.

How can I monitor my data usage each month?
Keeping tabs on your data usage is a smart move. You can log in to your Xfinity Mobile account to view your monthly data usage in the My Data section of the Activity page online. Or you can use the Xfinity app to view Mobile lines and data usage in the Services tab under the Mobile services card.

How do I switch my data option?
You can switch between Unlimited and By the Gig in your account.

What devices do you offer?
We offer the latest and greatest devices from Apple, Google, Samsung, and Motorola. We also have great accessories like wireless headphones and protective phone cases.

Can I bring my own phone number?
Yes. We accept phone numbers from all U.S. carriers so it's easy to transfer your number when you sign up for Xfinity Mobile.

Can I bring my own phone?
Yes, you may be able to bring your own device (BYOD) to Xfinity Mobile. Check your phone's compatibility and order a SIM card.

Can I use Xfinity Mobile outside the U.S?
When the travel bug bites, Xfinity Mobile has you covered. Add Global Travel Pass to any line on your account and you’ll pay a flat daily rate for calls, text messages, and data while you’re abroad in 170+ covered countries. Without Global Travel Pass, you’ll still be able to use your phone in 200+ countries at the pay-as-you-go rate.

For details about Global Travel Pass and pay-as-you-go rates, view the Global Travel Pass FAQs.

How can I protect my phone?
We offer phone protection through our XMPP.

What’s the easiest way to place an order?
Placing your order online is the easiest way to get started with Xfinity Mobile. If you prefer an in-person experience, our store locator can help you find the closest Xfinity Retail Store near you.

What are my shipping options?
All orders ship free in two business days. Shipped sim cards may take up to five days.

How will I know when my order has shipped?
We’ll send you an email with your tracking number once your order has shipped.

To track the status of your order, log in to your Xfinity Mobile account and visit the Billing page. From there, select your order to view your tracking information.

Can I pick up my new device at an Xfinity Retail Store if I order online?
If you purchased your Xfinity Mobile device online, you'll have to wait for it to arrive in the mail.

You can use the tracking number from your order receipt for an update on timing or check on your order status in the Billing section of your Xfinity Mobile account.

Do you currently offer any promotions?
You can always check the Xfinity Mobile website for our latest deals and exciting promotions.

Disclaimer: Xfinity Mobile requires residential post-pay Xfinity Internet. Line limitations may apply. Equip., intl. and roaming charges, taxes and fees, including reg. recovery fees, and other charges extra, and subj. to change. $25/mo. charge applies if Xfinity TV, Internet or Voice post-pay services not maintained. Pricing subject to change. During times of network congestion, your cellular data speeds may be slower temporarily. After monthly data use threshold for a line is exceeded, speeds are reduced until the billing cycle ends. A minimum $20.00 charge applies per month, per account for By the Gig lines, regardless of data usage. Charges apply to each GB or partial GB of shared data. No rollover data. For Xfinity Mobile Broadband Disclosures visit: www.xfinity.com/mobile/policies/broadband-disclosures

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here