Official Employee

• 

65 Messages

Wednesday, May 29th, 2024 3:37 PM

Closed

NOW Internet

NOW Internet

NOW Internet FAQs

NOW Internet is here! An affordable new product from Xfinity, NOW Internet offers great value for reliable internet — at an everyday price, with the consistency you expect from the Xfinity network.

This article includes answers to your FAQs about NOW Internet.

For more on NOW Internet, including eligibility and activation details, see NOW Internet overview.

FAQs

GENERAL FAQS

What’s NOW Internet?
NOW Internet is a new high-speed data option backed by the reliable Xfinity network. It’s perfect for those looking for a prepaid internet option with no annual contract. With NOW Internet, you get unlimited data and WiFi equipment that you don’t have to worry about returning. You can activate your service in minutes on the Xfinity app.

What NOW Internet plans are there?
Choose from two internet speeds: 100 Mbps for $30 per month or 200 Mbps for $45 per month. 100 Mbps is perfect for everyday use like downloading music and browsing social media. Get 200 Mbps for smoother streaming. Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed. For factors affecting speed, visit xfinity.com/networkmanagement.

How do I activate my NOW Internet service?
You can activate your NOW Internet service seamlessly by using the Xfinity app! See the step-by-step process in our NOW Internet overview article.

Can I bring my own gateway with NOW Internet?
No, you can’t use your own equipment with NOW Internet. NOW Internet includes a NOW Internet Gateway with your cost of service. Just plug it in and activate using the Xfinity app to get started.

Can I upgrade my plan from NOW100 to NOW200?
Yes, you can upgrade your NOW Internet plan any time via your online account or NOW Portal. Simply select Switch to 200 Mbps from your NOW Internet account page. Once you upgrade, you’ll enjoy instant access to the NOW200 speed tier.

Mobile screenshot of Now internet page to manage plan and equipment. At the bottom is the option to switch to 200 mbps.

Can I downgrade my plan from NOW200 to NOW100?
Yes, you can downgrade your NOW Internet plan anytime through your online account or NOW Portal. Simply select Switch to 100 Mbps from your NOW Internet account page. Please note that your plan will not change until the end of your prepaid service period. 

Mobile screenshot of Now internet page to manage plan and equipment. In the middle is the option to switch to 100 mbps.

I’m having trouble with my NOW Internet service. Who can help me troubleshoot?
Xfinity offers 24/7 digital support for customers who may be experiencing issues with their NOW Internet service. For help in real-time from an agent, please chat with us for assistance. You can also use the Xfinity app to easily troubleshoot most service issues.

Can I sign up for NOW Mobile if I already have NOW Internet?
Yes! If you have NOW Internet, you can sign up for NOW Mobile for just $25 per month for each line of service. Learn more about NOW Mobile.

As a NOW Internet customer, do I have access to Xfinity WiFi hotspots?
WiFi hotspots aren’t available to NOW Internet customers at this time. If you’d like access to WiFi hotspots you can learn more about Xfinity WiFi hotspots or NOW WiFi Pass.

How do I turn autopay on or off?
NOW Internet is a prepaid service that requires enrollment in automatic payments at the time of purchase. Your subscription to NOW Internet will renew at the end of your prepaid service period unless you temporarily pause your service or cancel your plan. You can temporarily pause your service or cancel any time online by turning off autopay in your NOW Portal. To do so, simply select Turn off autopay

Mobile screenshot of Now internet page to manage plan and equipment. At the bottom is the option to turn off autopay.

For more details on navigating your NOW Portal, see NOW Portal overview.

ELIGIBILITY FAQS

Am I eligible for NOW Internet?
To see if you’re eligible for NOW Internet, first check to see if your address is serviceable by visiting the NOW Portal.

Also, please note NOW Internet is not available for customers who:

• Subscribe to other Xfinity services (except Xfinity Mobile).
    • If you want to downgrade from Xfinity Internet to NOW Internet, you’ll need to remove all other Xfinity services (except Xfinity Mobile).
  • Have Bulk Video, Bulk Internet, Managed WiFi or WiFi Ready service.
  • Are located at fiber properties.

If you’re eligible, you can sign up for NOW Internet with no credit check, no annual contract and taxes and fees included in the cost of service. You’ll pre-pay for services and your subscription will auto-renew at the end of your prepaid service period. You can cancel at any time by visiting xfinity.com/now.

Can I upgrade to Xfinity Internet?
Yes, if you’re a NOW Internet customer and would like to upgrade to Xfinity Internet, you can do so through your online account, by chatting with us, or by visiting an Xfinity Retail Store. However, please note that you cannot have both NOW Internet and Xfinity Internet services at the same time.

Can I purchase any other NOW products as a NOW Internet customer?
As a NOW Internet customer, you can sign up for our newest mobile offering, NOW Mobile. NOW Internet customers are not eligible to subscribe to NOW TV at this time — stay tuned while we work to make these enhancements available in the future!

Can I purchase any other Xfinity products as a NOW Internet customer?
At this time, you can’t sign up for other Xfinity lines of business, including Xfinity Internet, Xfinity Mobile, Xfinity TV, Xfinity Home, or Xfinity Voice. Stay tuned as we work to make these enhancements available for customers.

Is my account eligible for Xfinity Rewards?
NOW Internet customers are not eligible for Xfinity Rewards. However, if you were previously enrolled in Xfinity Rewards and you transfer your internet or mobile service to NOW but maintain an Xfinity Rewards-eligible product, you’ll maintain your Xfinity Rewards enrollment status and tier.

TRANSFERS, MOVES, AND CANCELLATION FAQS

I’m moving. How can I move my NOW Internet service?
If you’re moving, you’ll need to disconnect your existing NOW Internet account, then sign up for a new account at your new address. This can be through your NOW Portal or by visiting an Xfinity Retail Store

Please note that you can’t take your NOW Internet Gateway with you when you move, so you can recycle it. Learn more about recycling your equipment. The cancellation will take effect immediately, so be sure not to cancel your service until you’re ready to move. You’ll be sent a new NOW Internet Gateway to your new address (or receive one in-store if you choose to sign up there).

I’ve canceled my NOW Internet service. Do I need to return my equipment?
No, you don’t need to return your equipment. If you cancelled your NOW Internet plan, you’ll no longer be able to use your equipment. We encourage you to recycle it. Learn more about recycling your equipment.

I paused my NOW Internet service by turning off autopay. Should I return my NOW Internet Gateway?
No, you don’t need to return your equipment. Please note, if you paused your account, you can re-start your service within 180 days. If you don’t re-start your service within that time, your service will be canceled and you’ll no longer be able to use your equipment. We encourage you to recycle the NOW Internet Gateway.

What happens when I pause my service?
If you pause your service, you’ll have access to NOW Internet until the end of your prepaid service period. If autopay remains turned off for more than 180 days, your NOW Internet service will be canceled.

BILLING FAQS

Can I get a refund?
NOW Internet is a prepaid service. Once you activate your NOW Internet service, refunds and prorations for service are not available. If you have not yet activated your service, you may be eligible for a refund. See our NOW Return Policy for more.

What payment methods can I use?
Your subscription to NOW Internet will auto-renew at the end of your prepaid service period. You can use a debit card, credit card, or a prepaid card to pay for NOW Internet.

Is my device under warranty?
Yes, your NOW Internet Gateway comes with a 90-day warranty. See our NOW Device Warranty Policy for more.

If you have an issue with your NOW Internet Gateway and you want to replace your device, please chat with us for assistance.

Now internet page with chat with Xfinity Assistant option at the very bottom.

Can I have payment arrangements?
No, payment arrangements are not available with NOW Internet since it is a prepaid service.

Additional information

Visit our NOW Support Center to find common solutions and self-help options, troubleshoot or manage your account and more.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here