Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

65 Messages

Monday, July 8th, 2024 5:28 PM

Closed

Hurricane Beryl – Services Fully Restored, Xfinity WiFi Hotspots Closed

We hope everyone has stayed safe following Hurricane Beryl and the more recent severe weather in the Houston, TX area.

We’re happy to say that all of customers’ services should be fully restored, as of Tuesday, July 30. We understand how crucial staying connected is and apologize for the extended downtime. Thank you all for your understanding and patience during our recovery efforts.

Most of our customers experienced interruptions due to power outages. Once power was restored, we were able to restore Xfinity services. In areas where our network needed repairs, we had to wait until the area was declared safe to enter (including the clearing of damaged electrical wires, broken poles, and other debris) before we could fully assess the damage to our network and estimate restoration times.

Since our services have been restored, we also want to let you know that free access to our Xfinity WiFi hotspots will end on Tuesday, July 30, at 5:00 p.m. Central Time.

If you still need assistance, reach out to us here or chat with us through Xfinity Assistant.

Thanks again for your patience and thank you for being an Xfinity customer.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

2 months ago

WiFi hotspots don’t work. Cannot chat with a live agent or speak to one by phone. I work remotely, hotspot not working so doing my job is virtually impossible and my power has been back on for 36 hours. Literally zero updates from Xfinity, wholly unacceptable even in the aftermath of a hurricane! 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Agreed. I can’t find any updates to our specific area. Centerpoint sends me emails daily with a specific date they hope my electricity will be restored. Not a word from Xfinity even though I’ve signed up multiple times for alerts. Communication needs to get a lot better from you all. 

Contributor

• 

225 Messages

We lost internet 24 hours after the hurricane.  I assumed Xfinity backup electricity generators ran out of fuel.

On Wednesday an Xfinity truck was working in our neighborhood.  Apparently running tests to document continuity problems.

The Xfinity tech told us that Xfinity had significant numbers of electric power outages that was the primary cause for the outages.

As of Wednesday, that Xfinity tech was not expecting to repair anything on our neighborhood anytime soon.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@eoxpagan Welcome to our community forum. I rely on my internet service every day and it can be frustrating when there are issues. I'm sorry to hear that you're still waiting for service to be restored. 

You can always visit our status center or use the Xfinity app to view the status of your services and equipment and even troubleshoot any issues that may arise in the future. I appreciate your patience as we work towards a resolution.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

225 Messages

2 months ago

I have not found any Xfinity hotspots that work.

I drove around Houston and found some public WiFi with very good speed.

Most of the public WiFi is barely working and almost useless.

An AT&T help desk bot told me my iPhone cell service would work better if I turned off WiFi and Bluetooth.  That has really been helpful advice.  For example, the Apple weather app will only work if I turn off WiFi.  Also, I must turn off WiFi on my iPhone so the Xfinity App will run on my iPhone using the cell network.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

225 Messages

By the way, the Xfinity outage map shows that my neighborhood and the surrounding neighborhoods all have over 2000 outages.  the map has not changed in the last 5 days.

Our library has very slow internet working.  The police, fire and city hall have working WiFi.

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Hey, @truerock2! Thanks for reaching out to us. I apologize to hear that you have been having issues with trying to get connected to the Xfinity Wifi hotspots while we get everything back up and running. Were you able to finally get connected? If not, Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

5 Messages

2 months ago

Xfinity’s communications have been entirely unhelpful. I’ve had 5 notices that my internet would be restored at a time certain. Each of the times have come and gone with no connection. “As soon as possible” has replaced their time estimates. This is not helpful. Neither is the cheerleading word salad they are offering as “updates”.  Their Hurricane Beryl storm response is a failure. 

5 Messages

2 months ago

Hello Xfinity -

It’s day 5.

Would it be possible to let your client base know when we might expect connectivity?

“As soon as possible” seems a bit vague. Especially when the viability of any number of businesses hangs in the balance. 

Thanks

10 Messages

2 months ago

At this point Xfinity/Comcast need to be reported to the FCC. Their lack of accountability and transparency is astounding. 

(edited)

5 Messages

2 months ago

Can someone tell me why Comcast is bragging about donating $10,000 to an emergency fund while a third of their customers remain without connectivity?

10 Messages

To put themselves in a good light because so many customers are unhappy

14 Messages

@user_z16xw1​ to save face. 

5 Messages

2 months ago

Well the fun continues. Xfinity is up to 7 promised deadlines that they have announced and subsequently missed. The most recent assured connectivity by 5:41 pm this evening. It’s currently 5:29 and they’ve already reverted to As Soon As Possible. 

5 Messages

2 months ago

The Xfinity app has posted on 12 occasions the time at which my internet will be reconnected. They’ve posted 4 times today alone. Then 15 to 30 minutes before the due time, they revert to: As Soon As Possible. Their lack of accurate communication is truly remarkable. 

10 Messages

Same thing for me. That’s why I made an FCC complaint. I can’t even work from home. Ridiculous. 

18 Messages

2 months ago

Guys, i did it, i signed up to AT&T, i could nit take it anymore, and it was only 3 days however the lack of transparency is what got me.

beryl hit us monday 7/8, i lost internet saturday 7/13, today is 7/15 and i went to a physical xfinity shop to get an update and they said Saturday 7/20. 
But looking at this forum, lots of ppl are w/o internet for several days and the info xfinity gives is not reliable. 

i have to wait 2 more days for the AT&T kit to come in but after that we are good to go, same price $80 and better internet (fiber), and they pay for you to break your lease. 

very unfortunate that it has gotten to this but xfinity left us no choice, i will not give my money to a company that is not transparent, there is absolutely no reason to take a week to fix an internet cable when we never lost service until 6 days AFTER the Storm

18 Messages

2 months ago

If you read all the threads here, there is a pattern, some areas’s internet power go out a few days after the storm. And restoration dates are given for a week later. The storm hit us on 7/8, One person lost internet on 7/14 and their restoration date is 7/21. I lost mine on 7/13 and my restoration date is 7/20, some lost power a few days after the storm when their power was already back on, all thruout the city, then you add the fact the ones that do get a restoration date, when the date gets close, xfinity moves the date up again…. several days after the storm, and because they are not telling us the reason why this is happening (cant be storm related ) and the lack of transparency on all of this, there is sone serious shadyness going on, that it opens us to wonder why…

could it be they are trying to get govt money insurance and blame our outage on the storm? 
It could be anything, one thing this is not is “storm related” 

even if it takes longer guys, i think a line has been set and they’ve shown that the customer is not their focus, [Edited: "Solicitation"] I went to the AT&T website, they are transparent on their outages at least, and their service is much better (fiber) but others are available also.

[Edited: "Solicitation"]

(edited)

10 Messages

I think you’re on to something with the pattern. I was quoted an estimate of 7/15 and my internet went out 7/8 without any return. I don’t want to put a link just in case they delete the comment [Edited: "Solicitation"]

(edited)

1 Message

2 months ago

XFINITY IS [Edited: "Language"] I’ve been lied to for 4 days now!! They keep telling me that someone is working in my area, technicians are out here, and I’ve circled my neighborhood everyday…NOBODY!!! [Edited: "Inflammatory"] And im calling the news station and let them hear these lies that live recorded!! 

(edited)

3 Messages

2 months ago

9 days and still no internet after being told it would be done by the end of a day 3 different times seriously [Edited: "Language"]

(edited)

2 months ago

I don't know what they're doing, I'm in the loop in a dense area with tons of homes, apartments, and businesses and internet is still out, with outages all over the area in the outage map. estimated dates just turn back to "as soon as possible". I've even gotten messages that service was back when it wasn't. The wifi hotspot was only up for one day and so jammed you couldn't get on. There is no way 90% of people have it back. 

2 Messages

2 months ago

[Edited: "Personal Information"], near Westheimer and Fondren, has no service for more than a week. The outage map advised throughout the week that our service area with more than 2000 subscriber outages would be restored Friday, July 15, which was two days ago.   

(edited)

1 Message

2 months ago

This is absurd. Beryl hit Monday. I lost power for ONE DAY in 77055, but the Xfinity internet has been down for a week now! The area could be worked on, but on 7/13, we received notice that the internet would be back by 12:45 AM on 7/17 or earlier. No updates since, that time passed over an hour ago. I work from home and my livelihood is on the line and I AM NOT GETTING THE SERVICE I PAID FOR.

AGAIN the area has been safe for over a week, and the electricity has been on for almost the entire time. If I don't get the internet turned back on AT MY HOME soon, I will be looking to sign up with [your competitor] and encourage everyone in my apartment complex to do so as well.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here