Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

64 Messages

Monday, July 8th, 2024 5:28 PM

Hurricane Beryl – Service Restoration and Staying Connected

We hope everyone is staying safe following Hurricane Beryl.

Our teams are repairing our network in affected areas once they’re declared safe. For the latest on our service restoration efforts in Texas, visit our Texas regional blog.

To help you stay connected, Xfinity WiFi hotspots remain open across Texas to anyone who needs them, including non-Xfinity customers, free of charge.  

Enter your zip code here to find the nearest Xfinity WiFi hotspot.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

4 days ago

WiFi hotspots don’t work. Cannot chat with a live agent or speak to one by phone. I work remotely, hotspot not working so doing my job is virtually impossible and my power has been back on for 36 hours. Literally zero updates from Xfinity, wholly unacceptable even in the aftermath of a hurricane! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Agreed. I can’t find any updates to our specific area. Centerpoint sends me emails daily with a specific date they hope my electricity will be restored. Not a word from Xfinity even though I’ve signed up multiple times for alerts. Communication needs to get a lot better from you all. 

Contributor

• 

225 Messages

We lost internet 24 hours after the hurricane.  I assumed Xfinity backup electricity generators ran out of fuel.

On Wednesday an Xfinity truck was working in our neighborhood.  Apparently running tests to document continuity problems.

The Xfinity tech told us that Xfinity had significant numbers of electric power outages that was the primary cause for the outages.

As of Wednesday, that Xfinity tech was not expecting to repair anything on our neighborhood anytime soon.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@eoxpagan Welcome to our community forum. I rely on my internet service every day and it can be frustrating when there are issues. I'm sorry to hear that you're still waiting for service to be restored. 

You can always visit our status center or use the Xfinity app to view the status of your services and equipment and even troubleshoot any issues that may arise in the future. I appreciate your patience as we work towards a resolution.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

225 Messages

2 days ago

I have not found any Xfinity hotspots that work.

I drove around Houston and found some public WiFi with very good speed.

Most of the public WiFi is barely working and almost useless.

An AT&T help desk bot told me my iPhone cell service would work better if I turned off WiFi and Bluetooth.  That has really been helpful advice.  For example, the Apple weather app will only work if I turn off WiFi.  Also, I must turn off WiFi on my iPhone so the Xfinity App will run on my iPhone using the cell network.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

225 Messages

By the way, the Xfinity outage map shows that my neighborhood and the surrounding neighborhoods all have over 2000 outages.  the map has not changed in the last 5 days.

Our library has very slow internet working.  The police, fire and city hall have working WiFi.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

Hi

Yes the same here the outage map

jus shows that there is over 2000 outages in my area but it hasn’t changed in 5 days and I live in zip code 77031 I managed to speak to a live agent by going through the business phone number who connected me to a residential agent who after I threatened to cancel gave me a restoration date of Monday July 15 at 6:39pm 

Official Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

Hey, @truerock2! Thanks for reaching out to us. I apologize to hear that you have been having issues with trying to get connected to the Xfinity Wifi hotspots while we get everything back up and running. Were you able to finally get connected? If not, Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

2 days ago

I live in zip code 77031 and my power was restored at 7pm on Monday July 8 today is Friday at 11:45am July 12 and I still don’t have Xfinity service restored the only run around I keep getting is as soon as possible which is very annoying I work from home and my employer uses Xfinity Comcast so I have not been able to work I however do know that the minute ATT customers power was restored they were able to watch television and use the internet and work from home I’m guessing im

with the wrong company I’m also guessing who I’m going to switch to before the end of this month 

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

2 days ago

Hi

I live in zip code 77031 my power was restored on Monday July 8 at 7pm today is Friday July 12 at 12 noon and I still don’t have any of my Xfinity Comcast services restored I also work from home and my employer uses Xfinity Comcast for my work from home service so I have not been able to work and I cannot use a hot spot because I handle personal data and cannot risk it I must work in a secure location this outage is costing me alot of time and money and not knowing any details about when this will be resolved is aggravating I know that the ATT customers was up and running as soon as their power was restored I’m confident I will become a ATT customer very soon I’m expecting this to happen before August and I’m expecting to get my employer to switch my work at home service to ATT as well Xfinity Comcast you have disappointed me and I’m no longer convinced that you value your long time customers or any customer anymore 

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

1 day ago

Hi

I live in zip code 77031 and this morning I received a text saying my service was restored I immediately got excited however checked my service and still no signal so I called the number in the text to inform them that I do not have service and the automated message said there’s still an outage in my area and there is a technician in the area working to resolve then I checked the status center and it’s saying my service is expected to be restored no later than Monday July 15 at 6:40 am WHICH IS IT ..this is becoming extremely frustrating and annoying I have not been able to work from home since Monday July 8 it would be greatly appreciated if Comcast would provide a straight answer and stop texting customers that service is restored and then go oops sorry we lied 

3 Messages

1 day ago

Xfinity’s communications have been entirely unhelpful. I’ve had 5 notices that my internet would be restored at a time certain. Each of the times have come and gone with no connection. “As soon as possible” has replaced their time estimates. This is not helpful. Neither is the cheerleading word salad they are offering as “updates”.  Their Hurricane Beryl storm response is a failure. 

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

23 hours ago

Hi

So I received some generic lame email from a Jose Espinel who says he’s the regional senior vice president of Comcast 

In this email he’s regurgitating the same BS that we have been hearing for the last 5 days 

I’m guessing Comcast figured if the have some company figure head email the customers this might restore confidence in the company and patience among the customers well Mr. Jose Espinel no such luck we are still pissed we are still disappointed we are still without service and we still think that Comcast has done a lousy job TRY AGAIN.. or better yet RESTORE SERVICE IMMEDIATELY!!!

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

23 hours ago

And furthermore ComCast Can’t 

I’m going to keep posting and I’m going to keep making it known how you are treating your customers 

If you want me to stop then make sure that I’m entertained with something else for instance 

MY SERVICE THAT I PAY CLOSE TO $300 A MONTH FOR !!  

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

23 hours ago

Hi

I live in zip code 77031 and this morning I received a text message from Xfinity Comcast say my service was restored I became very excited but when I checked my service no signal then I called the phone number provided in the text only to be told that there is an outage in my area and there is a technician is working to fix the outage in my area and my service should be restored as soon as possible and from there I checked the status outage center which said the outage in my area should be restored no later than Monday July-15-2024 by 6:40 pm. WHICH IS IT ? Im becoming extremely frustrated and angry and annoyed with this company you have done nothing short but prove to me that you are a complete failure to your customers I intend on posting and finding any and outlet that I can to let others know how you have failed to provide any assistance to the Texas customers and you have the nerve to give me $1.96 credit after all of this that a joke I spend close to $300 a month for your services and I’m never late with my payment but here I sit waiting for you to DO YOUR JOB I’m sure you won’t be surprised if you lose alot of Texas as your customer base nor do I believe you care

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

23 hours ago

BE HONEST

Comcast I dare you to just be honest. There are thousands of people that depend upon your services to work from home and they have not worked in days and have not one clue when they will be able to 

And you are giving vague invalid and invaluable information to your loyal and paying customers 

Comcast I dare you to tell us your customers the truth

Tell us that you were not prepared for this kind of outage 

Tell us you don’t have the manpower to fix this problem as quick as you are wanting to

Tell us that you are complete liars and will continue lying to us about you have teams out and have restored 60% of your customers as of Friday July-12-2024 at 11 am

Stop being cowards and hiding behind a hurricane that has passed blaming it for the reason you are not satisfying your customers and own that you are more incompetent than anyone ever thought you were 

JUST BE HONEST 

And when you do that then give the proper apology and the accurate statement 

3 Messages

19 hours ago

Hello Xfinity -

It’s day 5.

Would it be possible to let your client base know when we might expect connectivity?

“As soon as possible” seems a bit vague. Especially when the viability of any number of businesses hangs in the balance. 

Thanks

2 Messages

5 hours ago

At this point Xfinity/Comcast need to be reported to the FCC. Their lack of accountability and transparency is astounding. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

@user_y93dla​ 

Hi

I totally agree and I hope every single customer reports them

3 Messages

5 hours ago

Can someone tell me why Comcast is bragging about donating $10,000 to an emergency fund while a third of their customers remain without connectivity?

2 Messages

To put themselves in a good light because so many customers are unhappy

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here