Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

63 Messages

Thursday, June 1st, 2023 8:41 AM

Closed

CLOSED - Xfinity Forum 20th Anniversary Sweepstakes – “What If?"

***UPDATE 07/18/2023***

We want to thank all community members who decided to participate in our “What if” sweepstakes. The entries were fantastic! All submissions were randomized to select winners. Below you will find those winners and our favorite submissions.

• First Place
    • Name: Devin - Entry: Email
  • Second Place
    • Forum Username: @Again - Entry: Idea
  • Third Place
    • Name: Jason - Entry: Email
  • Runners Up
    • Forum Username: @dumbname - Entry: Idea
    • Name: Julie - Entry: Email
    • Name: Mary - Entry: Email
    • Forum Username: @Samanthajean973 - Entry: Idea
    • Name: Caden - Entry: Email

Favorite Submissions:

• "On the top my head one thing I can think of is for Xfinity to make this community easier to find. At first it took some time for me to find the Xfinity forums, where I then continued to find most of the solutions to the issues I had.”
  • "What if we could have rechargeable remotes?....What if we could just plug them in to recharge them & not buy batteries again?"
  • "What if you overhauled the rewards program to be more exciting? I'm talking about tons of swag with Xfinity emblazoned on them. What if, everyone could earn reward POINTS for simple and more involved challenges?"

Again, we appreciate everyone who took the time to identify ideas and share them with us here! We are excited to share these with our product owners and hopefully bring some of these ideas to life.

***ORIGINAL MESSAGE***

We are excited to be celebrating 20 years as an active support community. In the last 20 years, our forum users have provided some amazing ideas that have helped to shape our Xfinity products and services. During our 20th Anniversary celebration, we want to award you for those ideas with our “What If?” Sweepstakes.

How to enter:
Reply to this thread between 06/01/2023 at 9:00 AM ET and 06/30/2023 at 11:59 PM ET with your best idea related to any Xfinity product or service.

As long as it is relevant and useful, no idea is too crazy -- we want to hear them all. We will be sharing these ideas with our internal product partners to see if we can bring some of these to fruition. Who knows, during this time next year we could have a rainbow of remote colors available (just as an example).

All winners will be selected at random, and we will be in touch with all winners via email and forum direct message.

Prizes:

• First Place:
     o LG 55-Inch Class UQ9000 Series Alexa Built-in 4K Smart TV
    o Xfinity Swag Pack
    o Xfinity Forum “Winner” badge
    o Inclusion in winner selection update to this post.

• Second Place:
    o SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A8 10.5" FHD Touchscreen Android Wi-Fi Tablet, Dark Gray, 128GB Internal Memory
    o Xfinity Swag Pack

• Third Place:
    o Bose SoundLink Flex Bluetooth Portable Waterproof Speaker
    o Xfinity Swag Pack

• Runners Up (5):
    o Xfinity Swag Pack

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to individuals who are U.S. legal residents, 18 years or older. To enter without posting a response, email xfinityforumsweepstakes2023@comcast.com. Limit one (1) entry per person. Begins June 1 and ends June 30, 2023. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited. Subject to official rules at https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/announcements/xfinity-forum-20th-anniversary-sweepstakes-official-rules/64785c3e69143570ffe86a7b

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

This looks like an amazing contest!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

1 year ago

1. Take the idea of Xfinity Now cable channels plus the FAST (free ad-supported TV) streams and create Xfinity BYOI (bring your own internet). Be sure to include the $20 anniversary price and Peacock+. 

2. Give thumbnails on rewind/fast forward on the stream apps so you can see your progress (for RoKU, fire, web interface).

3. Add back the ability to see all of your internet use by device (set top box by name, portable devices by name).

4. When you pause the stream app on PC or any device, do not leave the giant play button in the middle of the screen. The control interface already has a play button to restart.

5. When stream app AND set top box are paused, provide page up/page down function to act as frame advance/rewind. Holding the button would act as a continue moving thru the frames and release the button would pause at that moment.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

What if we made it easy for customers that live in apartment complexes waiting for MDU Rewire jobs to complete, (which can be a lengthy wait) swivel over to "Instant On" wireless plans in the meantime? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Oohhh exciting! Thank you for the contest and Happy Anniversary Xfinity!!

I'm always super motivated by rewards and working towards a goal, so I was a little let down when I explored your rewards program. 

What if you overhauled the rewards program to be more exciting? I'm talking about tons of swag with Xfinity emblazoned on them. What if, everyone could earn reward POINTS for simple and more involved challenges? 

Ex : paying bill on time - 5pts

Filling out customer service survey - 20 pts

Referrals - 250 pts..

There's a lot of things that could be challenges. The rewards though are what will get members excited - I'm thinking about things like Xfinity swag, notepads, pens all the normal stuff. But also maybe 10% discount on a service or product, entries into special contests for big ticket items, or 6 months of 50% off services... 

A creative rewards system will definitely be motivating to people to engage and find ways to earn points! You could involve local businesses also, like discounts to local events or recreation activities! Ooo I'm getting excited at the idea! 

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

1 year ago

What if the new Discovery Hub showed up only for potential new customers and not for everyone?  The old homepage should default to current customers.

My suggestion.  🙂

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Best idea: So with the XB8, there's wifi 6e (6ghz), how about some mesh action?! Like why not! It's a godsend for us people that live in apartments, 5ghz is barely usable and 2.4ghz is just instant no.

Second best idea: Allow techs to install new outlets in existing places that already have outlets! I have a total of FOUR coax outlets on ONE WALL, ideally i'd like to throw all my networking stuff in the closet but moving it to my office and not the living room would be a godsend.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I miss the old Xfinity, [Edited: "Inflammatory"], I want my old Xfinity homepage back!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Great ideas here!

My best idea: Converting fiber to coax setups to full fiber, I already have an xfinity fiber line running into my apartment right now, but it gets converted to coax, if that could be a full fiber setup instead, that would have lots of potential!

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Congrats on your 20th Anniversary!

On the top my head one thing I can think of is for Xfinity to make this community easier to find. At first it took some time for me to find the Xfinity forums, where I then continued to find most of the solutions to the issues I had.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

What if Xfinity had profiles you can sign into when you turn your tv on like with Netflix or Max, so if you have children they can pick their profile and watch their favorite shows and movies on their Xfinity profile!! The adults will continue to have all access to every live tv channel and on demand movies, etc, but the kids can only see certain tv channels and on demand shows and movies!! It’s a form of parental control which I know you already have but it would be pretty cool to have so every one in the household can have their own tv profile and be able to customize to themselves!! Pretty cool idea for a cable company to do!!

(edited)

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

1 year ago

"What if" Comcast/Xfinity set up a tier/plan exclusively for Seniors, especially those on a fixed income but don't qualify for Internet Essentials?  A plan that would give them the networks they love so that they can watch the shows they love, and an internet connection fast enough so that they could stream if they wanted to.  Comcast/Xfinity already has plans for Students, Teachers, and the Military, but Seniors are missing from that list.  It would be a Win-Win for Comcast/Xfinity and for Seniors and it would show that C/X really cares about their older customers.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

Would like to see more a La carte selections for channels. 

Would like to see more tools for troubleshooting and resolving signal strength issues. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

What if we took our award winning voice remote a step further and created the option to say Power off tv by speaking into the remote and also personalized the welcome screen by adding the primary account holders name to it!

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

Continue to support older devices.  For example, I really like to use my iPad to watch the xfinity stream app.  Same goes for my family.  Even if we could afford to buy new iPads, why would we when the devices work just fine?  Forcing people to buy new devices every few years just creates needless e-waste.

We are a household of seniors and people with disabilities who have difficulties adjusting to new devices.  Help us by letting us continue using our devices.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

1 year ago

I would like to see Comcast enable the use of traditional alias email addresses in the email accounts, both Primary and Secondary.  (And not that silly "plus" addressing Gmail uses).  Maybe up to 5 per account?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here