New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFINITY

SOLVED
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 51 of 65

Comcast internet so sucks I dont know how many times I got connection outage problems. My payment is for thing like this?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 52 of 65
It drops out to frequently with a message: However, about 75% of the time, i need to close out the app and restart it in order t pick up the progam in process. Definitely a hassel.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 53 of 65

What is ultra annoying is ever since they gave me that modem...when the phone rings, we lose internet. Ive called about 7 times and they send a signal with no results. We thought out TV broke..PAID for someone to come out and it was THE CABLE!! Now I need modem and boxes replaced. I feel like surrendering to Comcast. So tired of calling and fighting!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 54 of 65

You can surrender to Comcast or you can surrender to U-verse. Same difference, they're a partnership in ISP monopoly.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 55 of 65

Terrible service. they keep transferring me from one support person to another, making me repeat my account phone number (same one that i am calling from - which they can see on their screen, 30 minutes later (after consulting a supervisor) still not able to customize the name of my home network or the password (provided by Xfinity is factory set to 16 digits with caps interspersed!). unfortunatley no other choice available in my area of Fl!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 56 of 65
Comcast has the worst customer service I have experienced. Let's start from the beginning, we moved into our new house April 24. We had comcast come out on the 25th to get the X1 system installed as well as phone, internet, and security. It took over four months and over 17 appointments to get the security system working correctly as well as getting the correct system installed and we still had problems with the cameras. We ordered the 350 security system but received the 300 system. In hindsight I should have cancelled the service then and found a provider that values their customer's time. Between missed appointments, countless hours spent on the phone being transferred from one agent to another and having to give my information to each person I spoke with and being told that "I will make sure we get this straightened out". We even spoke with corporate in Philadelphia and that didn't solve our problems. Their customer satisfaction "guarantee" is a joke. I'm on the phone with them now to get the TV Connect to work on my iPhone and have been mostly on hold for 1 hour 17 minutes and I was just disconnected from the person who was trying to help me and put into another hold que for an available customer representative. I'm sure I will have to start the process from the beginning as I have done this many times. We have friends who have Direct Tv, Fios, The Dish, Uverse and Wow. None of them have had the problems we seem to constantly face with Comcast. Please learn from our experiences and DO NOT SELECT COMCAST. They don't keep their word and you will be sorry that you chose them.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 57 of 65

ESPN breaks up during every game but the F-ing commercials run without any problem. Comcast POS equipment can't keep up with the feed. What  GARBAGE!!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 58 of 65
"Sucks" is considered a profanity? Omg
Posted by
Visitor

Message 59 of 65

Check your bills cause I didn't for past 2-3 years and realized that comcast was charging me for modem rental which I owned.   Called several times and but reps can only go back 6 months.  They transferred me to billing department and guess what?  They have to get their supervisor and have to call me back.  Billing has been fixed but I'm still waiting for a call from the supervisor to refund me for about 2 years worth of modem rental.  

That's not all of it.  I get a mail stating " As a valued XFINITY customer, you are eligible for this great deal.  Upgrade now to enjoy TV and internet together like never before with the X1 Entertainement Operating System........Xfinity internet and TV for just $89.99 per month for 2 years .....

So I called to find out that the offer is for new install only?  I read the letter to him and still the guy says it's for new customers only.  Of course I asked about my credit after that and my call was dropped. 

I really wish I had another choice...  I thought monopoly was illegal in USA but I guess that doesn't apply for cable companies... 

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 60 of 65

I have a web site associated with my business.  It's a dull condo association web site.  I also have email through those servers.  I have full interent access, but comcast has abertillery blocked access to those servers.  I've made the usual customer support calls (3 so far).  I expect it'll probably be somewhere around 7 to 10 by the time I give up.  The calls are the standard, "Sir, what web browser are you using?"  (I already know where this is going.  They're going to put the problem on my computer.)  I answer, "Well I use Chrome on my Windows machine, but I've also tried Explorer.  Then I've tried to access it on the Apple laptop.  Oh, and I can't get to it on the Linux box either."  That pretty much shuts-down the "Is it plugged in?  Is it turned on?" nonsense questions.  Then, of course, I have to reboot the cable modem.  And I've checked the configuration on and rebooted the Apple airport.  Never mind the fact that I can ping and access every computer on the internet.  I've can get to Google, Comcast, Youtube, but not my business web site.  I can also access my email accounts and the web sites through Verizon and my Web service provider claims that there's no problems.  My friend can get to the website from his workplace.  AAAARG!  And the worst part is Comcast technical service can't see if they can get to the web site form where they're at.  They can't ping or do a traceroute.  Technical support is sorely lacking technical knowledge.  Someone at Comcast has shut-down access to those servers by putting the IP addresses on a router blacklist.  I'd like to know why, but I can't get though to anyone who has enough knowledge or even access to basic tools to troubleshoot this problem.  Is Comcast trying to put me out of business?  What is wrong with them?

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 61 of 65

I do not watch your news anymore. I have had enough of your comercials that are pounded down my throat. Your email is just as bad. If this keeps up your going to be dumped.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 62 of 65

These fora are the only Comcast page I ever see.  No reason to go to the main page, for reasons you noted.  I prefer to download my email to my machine with an email client (I like Thunderbird).  Pay the bill using my bank's bill pay page (Comcast's is horrible).   Wish Comcast would do better.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 63 of 65

So you are saying "Time Warner Comcast" dosen't make money or benefit from commercials?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 64 of 65

OMGOSH!!!!! WHY DO I-WE WASTE MY-OUR TIME!!!!!

THERE IS A FIREWALL HERE FOR COMPLAINTS LIKE OURS/ IT'S CALLED THE WASTE BASKET!!!

REDUNDANCY IS THE NAME OF THIS GAME!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 65 of 65

boxingboy-

I apologize for the delay in response. Is there anything I can assist you with?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon