sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

A bit of good news for HBO subscribers at Comcast, who seek the extensive content available on HBO GO with ROKU and other devices, restricted by Comcast:  The primary reason to want HBO GO is the broad range of HBO programs that are not available on Comcast VOD.  Currently, all seasons of every HBO original series as well as HBO-produced films and documentaries are available with set-top box through Comcast VOD, in standard and high definition.  My guess is the probability that HBO made the content because just as frustrated as we are by Comcast's limited offering and unwillingness to authorize access through many popular devices, such as ROKU.

Also help to explain the Comcast/Xfinity double branding.  A couple of years prior to selling the cable giant to NBC Universal, Comcast ran extensive market research; and learned just how unfavorably their network was viewed.  Rather than correct any reasons for the low favorables, Comcast developed a stategy to "rebrand" themselves with an extremely cumbersome name change to give the appearance of modernizing the tired old service.  Apparently, the project was abandoned while both names, which had caused tremendous consumer confusion, were in play; and they were left with no choice but to keep them both.  It would have been an excellent move for NBC to elect a final brand identity at the time of the well-publicized purchase, such as they did with success when adopting the "NBC Universal" moniker. Perhaps they feared damaging the parent-company's reputation by publicizing a version of NBC/Comcast?   

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Comcast's reputation as the worst company in America is well earned. No company in a competitive environment would dare to withhold services for which its customers had already paid. Comcast is shameless, and it gets away with it only because its customers have no other choice. Unfortunately, I am one of them.

The moment Fios or DirecTV or Dish or any other cable company is available to me, I will switch. Even if those services are only marginally better than Comcast, and even if they are more expensive, I will be overjoyed to be giving my money to ANYONE other than Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

worst company? What you mean when more options become available, like say Google Fiber, you don't think people will stick with Xfinity out of good will and past experience? Pfft.

They really are just a terrible company.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This is what I got from HBO "Thank you for your email.  Comcast does not currently support access to HBO GO on PS3 or Roku. It is HBO’s ongoing goal to provide our acclaimed programming to subscribers whenever and wherever they want it.  The launch of HBO GO on PS3 continues to accomplish that and we are hopeful that all of our distributors will ultimately choose to support the service on the PS3 platform. We encourage you to reach out to Comcast XFINITY and request that they add support for HBOGO on PS3 and Roku. HBO GO is available through Comcast, on desktop/laptop computers, iPad, iPhone, Android Smartphones, Kindle Fire, Apple TV, Xbox, 360 and Samsung Smart TV’s." 

I was told by one in store rep they don't support streamers.... Uhm the last 4 are dedicated streamers. Just within the last couple of days The HBOGo app was released to the Playstation guess what.... can't hook it up either. Just talking to a rep online " we are always evaluating for the Roku"... The Roku has been around, what 10+years? The Roku is no different than Apple TV and the Playstaion is no different than the Xbox. The thing is HBO is in talks to either go thru a streamer like Netflix or charge a small monthly fee for HBOGo, for non cable subscribers. I hope they do so I can drop  my payments to Comcast down and eventually drop Comcast all together. I use to be a big supporter... not anymore with the tactics they use. Its your loss Comcast by screwing over your customers... specially dedicated ones.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I second that!!!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

I wanted to believe that Comcast would change its ways, but after seeing them add support for Samsung TVs and PS3 support probably coming within the next week, you can be virtually certain this is about shutting out the Roku. I have sent repeated faxes to the division responsible for this decision. I have simply asked for an explanation not a change in policy. No responses are ever granted. If the PS3 is not authorized in a month I will be switching to DISH.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

I have sent repeated faxes to the division responsible for this decision. I have simply asked for an explanation not a change in policy. No responses are ever granted.

Please post this info, so we all can let them know how we feel!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Comcast,

PLEASE give us something that every other cable service provider allows for their subcribers to access, the ability to stream HBO Go and Showtime on-demand. This is ridiculous! You make SO MUCH money ... why not do something that actually pleases your customer for once?

We. Want. HBOGo. Now.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I discussed this with HQ.....However, if you have a SMARTTV you can now get HBO GO.

It is disappointing that they won't allow us to use our Roku's, but they just changed the tiers again and it is now more $$$ and I was Guaranteed my price would not change for a year!  Guess, they still lie.

So, I am considering to say to he77 with Comcast and I have been a customer since the 80's....dropped them due to idiots....so less 2 yrs....and now it's 31 yrs and am about to drop them again.

Making my calls to HQ's again due to them trying to say 'some customers have been getting channels they weren't supposed to" letter dated March 10, 2014.  That's not the case at all, they changed their lineups again and I was always in Digital Starter as I had to go up 1 tier to get 1 Channel that I wanted.  I live on a very limited income and my bill was always $89 since I returned to them; now they are trying to say it was a "COMPUTER CODE error" that gave these channels out when they weren't supposed.  LIEs, LIEs, and more LIEs.  As they said 'No you had Digital Economy" & yet I still had the 1 channel that I have always had?????  I know good dam and well that they changed the lineups just for them saying that all along; as I know I was told and my bill stated Digital Starter pkg w/Internet  service.

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

@94heritage wrote:

I have sent repeated faxes to the division responsible for this decision. I have simply asked for an explanation not a change in policy. No responses are ever granted.

Please post this info, so we all can let them know how we feel!

I have sent faxes to the attention of Sam Schwartz. He is currently Chief Business Development Officer but he was President of Comcast Converged Products when the decision to not allow the Roku was made. Comcast's fax number at corporate headquarters is (215) 981-7790. I have sent messages on

@TWITTER @samschwartz. He does not reply to those either.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

The bottom line is Comcast is the worst customer service company in the world - their Roku policy decisions are just one of many no-customer service decisions.   Their employees mess up my account/bill every time I interact with them on anything.  In the Atlanta area they are now charging extra for data use above 300GB/month which has a significant impact on anyone using Internet-based TV services like Roku.  They claim their new policy won't affect most customers but it's really a strategic business move to generate extra revenue from those of us using the internet for video streaming services (and cutting the cord to Comcast TV services).  So get ready to pay more if you're using internet-based TV services/streaming devices of any form in combination with Comcast internet service.  Here's our only real hope - at some point there will be legitimate options and I can't wait for the day the Comcast monopoly crumbles...

http://bgr.com/2014/03/13/google-fiber-vs-comcast-time-warner-cable/

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

10 years ago

@randerto wrote:

The bottom line is Comcast is the worst customer service company in the world - their Roku policy decisions are just one of many no-customer service decisions.   Their employees mess up my account/bill every time I interact with them on anything.  In the Atlanta area they are now charging extra for data use above 300GB/month which has a significant impact on anyone using Internet-based TV services like Roku.  They claim their new policy won't affect most customers but it's really a strategic business move to generate extra revenue from those of us using the internet for video streaming services (and cutting the cord to Comcast TV services).  So get ready to pay more if you're using internet-based TV services/streaming devices of any form in combination with Comcast internet service.  Here's our only real hope - at some point there will be legitimate options and I can't wait for the day the Comcast monopoly crumbles...

http://bgr.com/2014/03/13/google-fiber-vs-comcast-time-warner-cable/

Yeah I agree with ya totally.Except here where I live when they had the data caps you got one warning if you went over then a 12 month suspension if you went over again in a 6 month period.

As of right now Enforcement of the 250GB data consumption threshold is currently suspended.

I cant beleive the cap in my area is 250GB even if its suspended right now. I am a heavey Netflix user. I am at 155GB and only halfway through the month. I dont suscribe to the TV services because I dont beleive in package requirements.

I think I would want maybe 10 to 20 channels max from all that they offer. and of course they are all spread out among all their packages.

I would love to pay like 30 bucks a month for just 20 channels THAT I CHOOSE. Load an app or website and get access to JUST THOSE channels and not see any other channel in the list.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Barrackl,

I get notifications when anyone replies to this thread, not when they reply to my specific posts...

Anyway,

Totally agree with and understand - though I own a PS3 and returned the Roku -- using the PS3 as a video device is not that great (unless you buy their remote control) - I'd much rather use the Roku.

I spent an hour or so on their online support forums trying to find out why the PS3 wasnt supported - I complained that their competitors had support right away (FIOS, ATT-Verse etc) but was given the old line about programmers working diligently... I exploded at that and still got no satisfaction (not that I expected any).

I'm with you - I'll happily dump Comcast in favor of any other cable provider as soon as I can.  I wouldn't call me a loyal customer - I'm a customer without a choice - big difference.  I even take offense when a CSR 'thanks me' for chosing Comcast - I point out that I didn't choose Comcast, I have no choice in my cable provider... never helps, but always makes me feel better for a few seconds.

Anyway, bottom line - COMCAST - stop being diligent - just enable HBO Go for Roku & PS3/PS4 - I want what I pay for!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Why would they say that it is going to become available w/the PS3?  I'm sorry but I am an adult with no children and don't have PS3 -- I have Roku....as most other ADULTS would have purchased - why would you cater to "gamers" when most adults work for a living instead of playing games again.  

Plus, I came back to this as the email said you responded to my previous message yet there is NO reply whatsoever.  

Comcast monopolizes most areas and they keep saying that each area is different when it comes to the pkgs..I say Bullhockey.....  there will come a day when another company comes to my town and many other towns/cities and you won't be able to match their prices and then you will lose many loyal customers because of your poor customer service & your unreasonable prices.  You need to take into consideration that not everyone has the money to pay for your products and it isn't getting any easier with the way the economy is going.  You (Comcast) will lose in the end for not doing right by your customers.  Karma is a Beautil thing!!! 

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Hi all,

"We" had this same issue with Samsung Smart TV - MANY people wanting Comcast to get on the ball and support HBOGO on Samsung Smart TV.

Lo and behold, Comcast came through!  However, they never gave any indication in the Forum that they were working on it.  Bad Comcast.

I hope (and it seems that they are are) Comcast is presently working on supporting ROKU/HBOGO.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here