sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

Well, yes, we still need Internet…the reason I chose Comcast over U-Verse (a choice many people here do not have) was because I was switching from DSL and wanted the best Internet speed available, which in my area was Comcast.  What I didn’t see was the cost of TV/content appears to be higher with Comcast, not to mention the whole nickel and dime structure of fees they have and the constant cost increases.  Plus, look at the games Comcast is playing with HBOGO and Roku.   So, obviously reconsidering my choice….speed isn’t everything, and U-Verse maximum Internet speed will have to be good enough.

Depending on where you live (the key element in this whole discussion), there may be small, regional Internet providers (check out Sonic.net if you are in their territory, esp. for Fusion broadband or fiber) who provide a lot better quality of service and value than any of these mega vendors.  The “digital divide” is real folks.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the follow up.  I still think constant posting and re-posting of discontent over this issue is still required.  If there is one thing the ever growing chorus of connected "voices" is good for, it's apply pressure rapid pressure on a large scale.

For every person who posts a complaint about the inability to ACCESS HBO GO ON THE ROKU THROUGH COMCAST (that's for the search engines) there may be ten people who feel the same way and just quit the service instead.

Use Facebook, use Twitter, hammer the message home.

Oh and Comcast can offer all the alternative options using On Demand, Xfinity App and the cable boxes but none of them can compete with the COMPLETE library of ALL HBO's original content available through Go and the load speed and quality of streaming through the Roku.  That means every episode of Sex and the City, the Sapranos, Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, etc., always available to watch so long as you maintain your subscription.  That is not something you can get through Comcast's offerings (in case people are wondering about the differentiator).

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

As someone who recently purchases a Roku explicity for the purpose of watching HBO Go through it on my tv I was extremely annoyed to find out Comcast is blocking it while just about every other cable provider out there supports it.  

I am going to stay with Comcast a little longer in hopes they remedy this but if not I'll be trying out Dish, which does support it on the Roku.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

12 years ago

Tirering of the delay HBOGO ON ROKU NOW COMCAST!!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

We recently switched from ATT to Xfinity.  We have had issues from day one, and the customer service is NON Existent.  Perhaps if enough people CANCEL their service, the message will finally be heard.  I want what I'm paying for...HBO - I should be able to watch HBO GO on ANY device.  Guess it is time to go back to ATT. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Fix this you dolts. I continue to pay for internet service (because I have no other choice) but will also continue to refuse cable service from you until issues like this one are resolved. Eventually you will lose your strangle hold. Do you want people to dislike you and leave in droves as soon as something slightly decent comes along? Guess what? They aready are for service that is inferior. You should take a look at businesses like Sears/Kmart, Yellow Pages, and any land line telephone provider and tell me how well they're fairing. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Dear Comcast - it makes for good customer service and public relations to give us your reasoning for not supporting HBOGO on RokuWhat is your justification for not providing this added value service?

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

No disrespect sjerseyguy, But 500+ posts in, I believe you are the 499th person to ask that question. And just like everyone else, you will receive the same response. dead silence! the only people who were able to get any type of responses were people who call them personally and setup discussions, meetings, etc. So don't you feel it's kind of odd that the only time comcast will respond is 21 person at a time? I noticed they really haven't responded on this post To the many people look ask the same question you have asked. They should change their name from comcast to cowardcast. Or maybe even hidefinity.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

I agree.  Very likely what they fear, is that the real answer for not allowing HBOGO on Roku will make us even more angry then we are with no answer.  Which, of course, means it's got to be a pretty stupid answer.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

12 years ago

Truthfully, I don't think its fear, as I have stated previously, I think they could care less.  They give (or more likely try to charge), what they want, when they want, and have no consequences because for the most part, they have a captive customer base.  It is unfortunate, we have to live with this monopolistic structure.  Sooner or later Technology, and corporate greed, will open other avenues for our broadcast needs, and structures like Comcast will be abandoned in droves.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

PghBoy:  I think this suggestion is helpful.  I dislike social networks (bah humbug), and either don't have accounts or seriously underuse them.  However, thinking of changing my behavior, for this particular case, for just the reasons you identify.  Not sure that each individual contacting Comcast directly is as effective:  as vincent228 inferred, just gives them an opportunity to give each person a personalized, evasive answer.

At the same time, still think this forum is valuable even if, in fact, it is nothing more than a support group....

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I'm glad to find this forum because it shows that Comcast has no intention of adding Roku/HBOGo support.  And since they've just jacked up their prices, it means we will have to get ready for the pain and suffering of changing our email addresses in order to get new service.  That's the only thread they've been hanging by for a long time now. We just took back a cable box we didnt' need--that is, WE DROVE IT TO THEIR OFFICEs--and they charged us 2.99 to return it and stop billing us for it!

I can't wait to tell these bastages to Get Bent. They've screwed us over for years and it's time to bring it to an end.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

This is just so frustrating. I connect my PC to my TV and watch HBOGO that way. BUT I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO THIS!!!

Just allow us to use our Rokus, Comcast. I swear, if Comcast didn't have a monopoly on cable in my area, I wouldn't be making that monthly check out to Comcast.

Comcast+Roku+HBO Go PLEASE!!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

So, we can watch it on our phones, we can watch it on our pc's and tablets - but on the nice screen in the other room on our ROKU - NOPE.   This is absurd.  The ONLY reason I'm staying with comcast is because I love HBO and Comcast has an ABSOLUE MONOPOLY in my area.  But let me assure you.....the very fact that they blocked HBOGO from the Roku for this long has created so much ill-will in my head and heart towards Comcast that the MINUTE a Roku-friendly provider becomes available I will jump ship immediately.

(I am also in the process of looking into the Roku friendly cable providers who might be available at mygirl friend's place (incidentally, someone who would never order cable TV) just so that I can possibly move the Roku to my place so we can watch the HBO wherever we are. I suggest some of you do the same.)

Get with it Comcast.  You shouldn't be dumping all over your customers like this.  As it is, we are completely over-paying for your lackluster service.  We want our HBOGO and we want it now.  Can you realize that many customers (like me) are only with you because of HBO?  You should be bending over backwards to support every platform HBOGo supports.  

Do something about this please, or keep adding to the bitter tasting legacy you are creating for your company.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I wonder if it's becasue they think we will hook our HDMI cables up to a recorder and steal their content. First I bought a cradle and HDMI adapter for my Glasxy Tab so I could watch HBO Go on my tv without moving my PC across the room - only to discover that when you plug an HDMI cable into the Galaxy Tab it shuts down HBO Go and pastes a warning and tells you to remove the HDMI cable to continue viewing! You are not allowed to output HBO Go from the Tab in HD! So I just bought a Roku on Woot, specifically for viewing HBO Go and nothing else--I have all the other streaming services I want built into my smart TV--and now discover that these b*st*rds are not streaming to Roku and do not plan to. If my Comcast account was not bundled in the HOA fees of the place I rent I would absolutely tell them to stuff it, and go with UVerse, who DO support the Roku. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here