sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

How do I get HBOGo to work with ROKU?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

When will this be supported?

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

Yes, this is what we are looking to hear, when.  

There may be a cost issue to Comcast, but it is doubtful that this is the only reason or even the primary reason why we are not seeing this supported.  Possibly there are negotiations between Netflix and Comcast (a rumor I have heard) which may be at play here.  Or, maybe it is basically that Comcast hates Roku for the challenge it poses to them.  If you go on the Roku blog, post after post says "I got Roku so I could get rid of cable".

Comcast needs to understand that it is alienating its customers who have Roku boxes. We are not one step away from ditching cable, but we are perfectly happy to have both services.  Or at least I was, until this sham...guess which one I will ditch first? 

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

Okay. so lets say that there actually is a cost issue. isnt there a cost issue for texting and wifi ? i checked comcasts forums, and i found "LITTLE TO NO" requests for either of thoses things. But yet 10 pages of roku requests later, we still get lies and silence. So I want comcast to answer this. Why does comcast think that providing things not asked for makes them look wonderful ? Its about a equal as giving ice cubes to eskimos, and then bragging about how cold you kept the water for them.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

quoting tech-1984 "Or, maybe it is basically that Comcast hates Roku for the challenge it poses to them."

very good comment.

So instead of comcast working with roku to keep them as an allie "AS ALL OTHER CABLE COMPANIES HAVE (DUH)", they would rather punish the people that have roku and deny then any service that could be provided.

Hey comcast !! Stop throwing your temper tantrums, or I will coin a term right now that will stick. which should it be ? "COMBRATS or THEIFINITY" ? just grab your binky and blanky and give your customers what they ask for ! I want to know from anyone on this forum. if comcast gave access to hbogo on roku, would you have a complaint ? would you cancel your cable with comcast BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY PROVIDED WHAT YOU ASKED FOR AND THOUGHT YOU WERE GETTING WHAT YOU WERE PAYING FOR ? no? then how could hbogo on roku pose a threat to them ? What kind of education does the decision makers have that makes them think giving what you pay for poses a threat to your business ? Do you bring your car to the garage that actually fixes your car or the one that refuses to fix it because if its fixed, you wont keep bringing it to them ? it sounds to me that comcasts planners and decision makers have obviously been educated beyond their intelligence.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Bad capitalism is bad

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

I found this article from back in March, that is interesting:

http://www.splatf.com/2012/03/hbogo-xbox-cable/

has more to do with the hbogo on xbox, but observations it makes are applicable to the situation on the Roku box.  Espeically like the comment:  

"The real losers, of course, are the subscribers — you and me. This silliness about “owning the entire customer experience” is just not productive or sustainable for the long-term. Maybe most of the sameshows are available from both sources, but as long as we’re still paying for cable TV, why not give us the choice to pick which interface we want?"

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

And there we have it. The occasional comment to change the subject. This forum is about hbogo and comcast not allowing on roku boxes. Not political veiws. But then again, theres always china to live in if you dont like capitalism. 23 cents a day to work anyone? There is no capitalism in utilities where you have no other choice. And that includes local stations that no longer broadcast over airwaves. And you HAVE to have a digital converter to see ANY channels. Why do you think those "utility works" spots are on the board game MONOPOLY?

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

Excellent point ! Key word being "choice" of course.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I feel the same way and have asked the same question.  I live in an apartment complex where I am only able to have one box, because they refuse to run addtional lines in my apartment.  This could be the same case, but regardless of that issue if we pay extra each month to subscribe to HBO, they are taking our money we should receive full access to HBO and I also feel that they should add an Xfinity channel to the Roku box as well.  Every other provider has these options, why shouldn't they.  What ever happened to the customer is always right?

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

The customer is always right went out the door with " you get what you pay for" and " honesty is the best policy". Go to the xbox live section. Xfinity on demand is part of the channels they provide. Comcast lets everything go through xbox. And xbox live gold cost $ 60 a year. So where is comcasts cost issue there? There is no problem crawling in bed with xbox and microsoft and making little rip off offspring.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I woud like to recieve HBO GO on my roku.  Why has comcast not been on the list of providers for the Roku service?

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

Because when youre the only game in town, you dont have to offer things that you can charge for later. Until our government deregulates the cable companies ( allowing you to choose from differrnt providees in the same area) comcast will remain a monopoly. Its their bat, their ball and their ball park. Until you move to another feild, they know you have " no choice" , and quite frankly, take the easier road by giving you nothing additional.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

As we approach the 500th posting on this forum, anyone just tuning in who is trying to decide on a broadband/TV provider should be advised:  if HBOGO on your Roku box is important to you, you might not want to wait around for Comcast to come through.   After 8 months of questions here, Comcast hasn't given any indication with regards to their intention of making this capability available.

Comcast has 22 million subscribers.  Don't think as number 22 million and one, you will get any better an answer.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

So I am sitting and staring at an HBO GO Activation page that is useless to me - why?  Not sure...

Comcast??

I just picked up a Boxee on Friday and hooked it up at the shore house.  I pay Comcast monthly there too.

Enjoyed several episodes of The Pacific over the holiday weekend on the Boxee and figured I would fire up the ROKU and see if I can watch the rest at home....Nope.

I for one love the idea of being able to pay for the content that I want to see when I want to see it. 

Maybe if HBO figures out that there may be an untapped market out there - I too can cut the cord.

Oh wait - still need internet....  There must be a way out....!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here