sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

It does not appear that Comcast is authorizing their HBO subscribers to access HBO GO on their Roku boxes.  UVerse, Verizon Fios, Dish and Cox are.  What's up with that?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

I'm a ROKU user. Good post.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

@Rudi_Xeno wrote:

It does not appear that Comcast is authorizing their HBO subscribers to access HBO GO on their Roku boxes.  UVerse, Verizon Fios, Dish and Cox are.  What's up with that?

I also find that odd and very disappointing.  I have been waiting impatiently for hbo go to be available on Roku, (as a hbo subscriber,) only to find out that Comcast with not support it.  Roku only becomes competition if it is allowed to be via no support.  Allowing your HBO subscribers to access GO and maybe an Xfinity channel, which only subscribers would be able to access anyway, would generate more business.  Blocking customers from part of their subscription benefits, is very sure way of loosing them.  Comcast needs to decide what they want.  Either allow total access to what your customers have paid for or drop that channel entirely.  You can't have it both ways, you only end up alienating your user base with your current route.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

According to this report, a Xfinity channel is in the works for Roku

http://www.takesontech.com/xfinity-vod-service-coming-to-roku-and-others

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I am another HBO subscriber who wants to use HBO GO on a Roku.  If Comcast is not going to support this, they should at least say why.  There are a number of posts here and I would think thousands of Comcast customers who deserve an update or answer.  When will it come??

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

i find it unfair that i pay for HBO.. sure its thru Comcast.. but i pay for HBO.. and i'm only allowed SOME of their offering and not the whole shebang.. 

do i get a discounted price for this?  i don't think so.. I was really looking forward to HBOGO on the ROKU.. especially since i can't stream HBOGO from my iphone to the tv because the app won't allow it..

very unfair.. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Add me to the list of Comcast subscribers who want HBO Go on Roku and who would be willing to go elsewhere to get it. On Demand isn't a solution for me, both because it doesn't have the content HBO Go does and because I use TiVo boxes with cablecards. Given that I'm paying extra for HBO from Comcast, I can't see any reason why Comcast should withhold it from Roku.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Why is Comcast not on board with allowing people who purchase an HBO subscription from them to access HBO GO from their ROKU. Comcast OnDemand has barely a fraction of what HBO GO allows me to access at any time I want. Comcast is not losing any revenue, I still keep my Comcast subscription and just get increased access to that content on my timetable.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I desperately want HBO GO on my ROKU from my comcast account. COMCAST THIS IS UP TO YOU, if you won't do it I'll switch to another cable company that will. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

Comcast/Xfinity, as far as I'm concerned, this is on you.  make it happen.

Edit - since this works on other devices, and not the roku, I would like to know why Comcast is not allowing this?  Should we expect HBO Go to be blocked on the XBOX when they release it as well?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

both Roku and HBO GO suggest reaching out to YOU comcast and asking for this service:

https://twitter.com/#!/HBOGO/status/132191328774782977

and

https://twitter.com/#!/RokuPlayer/status/132194325177180160

We are doing that here.  Any response?  Anyone home?

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

13 years ago

This will be the thing that pushes me to AT&T, Comast needs to authorize this now...

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Xfinity, Please add HBOGO access to ROKU.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

@JayInAlg wrote:

@jdbausch wrote:

You are not getting Comcast's attention at the Community Forum, which is mostly for help and support issues.

You should be writing letters to the HQ in Philly which you can get addresses HERE

We are here to help with service issues and other technical issues.  Attention from anyone from Comcast that has any influence is not happening on this forum for new features, idea's and requests.

thank you.  I will contact them directly

Gold Problem Solver

• 

24.6K Messages

13 years ago

@jdbausch wrote:

You are not getting Comcast's attention at the Community Forum, which is mostly for help and support issues.

You should be writing letters to the HQ in Philly which you can get addresses HERE

We are here to help with service issues and other technical issues.  Attention from anyone from Comcast that has any influence is not happening on this forum for new features, idea's and requests.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here