mctaylorca's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 3rd, 2012 7:00 PM

Closed

Watch Xfinity TV shows on Apple TV

There are Xfinity Apps for mobile devices. How do I access Xfinity TV using my new Apple TV? Is there a way to download the movie/show to iTune on my computer?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

If You jailbrake your iphone , you can streem everything from IPhone to Apple TV, just do not turn Mirroring ON, only check Apple TV, thats it.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Are there any plans to make Xfinity compatible with Apple TV? Why is it not compatible? Do Apple and Xfinity have a beef goin on, there seems to be no reason why every other provider I know of is capable of connecting to Apple TV but Xfinity. It is very frustrating, I purchased Apple TV partly to have a better control platform to watch cable from and after installing the unit I find this out, do you have any suggestions? Do you know of any plans to change this policy? Thanks for your assistance

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Just about every other providers (i.e. Amazon Prime Movies, Netflix, etc ... ) offered apps to allow users to interface their movies with Apple TV. Xfinity is just too controlling in many aspects. I even bought an Apple HDMI adapter for my IPAD hoping that I can view their movies on a bigger display, but the minute I plug this adapter to my IPAD, my TV would give me a Notice Box indicating that my agreement with Xfinity does not allow me to do such thing. The bottom line, it is not Apple controlling this but Comcast. I have been a customer of Comcast (started out with RoadRunner, then Time Warner) since 1992 and I am contemplating about switching with CenturyLink. It just bothers me when I see good deals for non-Comcast customers instead of loyal customers like me - rather, I saw my monthly bill double, with less options, too much restrictions, and my service is currently experiencing daily 1 hour or two shutdowns for the past 3 days now.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Does the xfinity app work with the roku3?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

9 years ago

@oneutvol wrote:

Does the xfinity app work with the roku3?

At this time, the XFINITY TV  and TV Go app is not supported on Roku devices.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Why can I not activate the channels i pay for through comcast on my Apple TV???? I am furious about this, and apparently Comcast just doesnt feel like adding this feature? I'm taking my Apple TV back if Comcast does not do something about this. Does anyone know how I can get around this??? I am an angry customer.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Is there a way to watch Xfinity thru Apple TV? We use to be able to about a month ago. We are Rv'ers and most parks have wifi but not cable.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Can't see xfinity shows on Apple TV inspite I can see every thing else. I think we pay enough money in order to get the best service.
I am really upset.
Thanks

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Chromecast supports Xfinity. I just play Xfinity from comcast website on my laptop and cast the stream to my TV through Chromecast. Just a little laggy sometimes.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

And this is why I have AppleTV, Roku and Chromecast - people think its overkill but they all have their purposes.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Will Xfinity allow its programming to be viewed on the new Apple TV - everyone else seems to be on board.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I tried that. it works for a few seconds, then screen goes black and I get the "content having issues loading"

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

We'll wonder why that is....hmmmm. Comcast the largest communications company in the world cannot produce an app that's compatible with apple.??? OMG! Total BS. The would rather inhibit the app for iPhone iPad and AirPlay and not offer an app for Apple TV and make u get another box for 15.00 a month. It's a money grab. Just like the data caps...punish the cord cutters saving money to recoupe costs lost by charging overages...pure and total money grab. Wake up smell what ur shoveling Comcast

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

As long as you are on your home network it shouldn't matter. Whether I'm using my iPad in the bedroom or my AppleTV I should be able to use the Xfinity app on either device. Xfinity needs to pull it together and allow an app for AppleTV. 

Expert

• 

18K Messages

7 years ago

POST REMOVED FROM THE FORUMS per FORUM GUIDELINES. You can review these here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here