sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

12 years ago

It's been 2 or 3 months since the President of Time Warner publicly asked why Time Warner Cable has not allowed Roku access to HBO GO. I figured we were sunk if a President of a cable company's parent company could not get them to grant access, how could our complaining do anything.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

Well if i was an invester in comcast stock and saw all this hemmin and hawing on this issue i might consider selling it..

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

Brighthouse is available on the activate page now as well, it wasn't this morning.  Maybe Comcast will be available by days end...fingers crossed!

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE: Comcast... Please allow HBOGO for Xfinity customers on Roku, LIKE I HAD WITH VERIZON. I enjoy HBO on my two full feature DVR boxes but would also like it on my basic boxes that do not offer premium channels or on demand.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

Comcast in the news:  By supporting HBO Go on game consoles and connected TVs, Time Warner Cable joins the likes of Verizon, AT&T, and Dish Network in offering access to the service. And it even comes out ahead of some providers, like Comcast, which still doesn’t authenticate with HBO Go on Roku. Source:  http://techcrunch.com/2012/05/17/time-warner-cable-hbo-go/

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

Well, after MONTHS of pressing for an answer to WHY they are denying us access to HBO Go on Roku, I've finally been able to set up a call for tomorrow (friday) @ 11am with Comcast's Director of Customer Service.  I'll fill you all in with details after my conversation, but in the mean time, POST YOUR DISCONTENT ABOUT THIS ON THE XFINITY FACEBOOK PAGE!  Make Comcast, and everyone who looks at the page, realize that this IS NOT OK.  They are de-valuing our subscription to HBO by charging us the same amount that U-verse, FiOS, and Dish charge, but delivering less access.  Again, POST ON THE XFINITY FACEBOOK PAGE. 

I'll be back tomorrow after the call with any details I'm able to get.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

When you speak to them, why dont you let them know that a topic with 458 oosts of dissatisfaction should carry some weight.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

bcr0214...any update?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Comcast - Time Warner now allows HBO Go on Roku.  Get on it people.

-- disgruntled customer

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I agree with last user. I would like to access my xfinity channel on roku

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Unfortunatly our town does not have Time Warner digger623.  Our only choice for cable is Comcast, and they are not willing to add HBO Go on Roku.  Thus the reason for all these posts.

---- Frustrated Comcast Subscriber

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

I am in the same boat as stormy biker. Only comcast in my town. So with the addition of hbogo on roku on time warner, might i say, COMCAST, YOU S.U.C.K! YOU GIVE 50% OF THE SERVICE FOR 150% OF THE PRICE! I HOPE YOU ARE LEVERAGED BY A LARGER COMPANY AND THEN GET YOU PAY CUT BY 50%. ONLY THEN WILL YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR CUSTOMERS SETTLE FOR!

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

Hey all,

So like I said, yesterday I had a very informative discussion with a Comcast Director of Customer Service about this issue.  I'm not going to try to quote anything he told me, as I wasn't taking notes as quickly as I could have been, but I will pass on the fact that Comcast's higher-up are very well aware of the discontent about our lack of access to HBO Go on Roku, and that it's near the top of the list of issues he discusses with the big-wigs regularly.  The impression I got from our conversation is that Comcast is trying to call this a cost issue; I was told that HBO requires Comcast to pay a fee for each activated unit, but he understandably couldn't be specific.  From the content of our conversation, which I'm not going to divulge further out of respect for him and his team, they are working on resolving this issue. 

Again, I took this information with a grain of salt, but I'm hopeful that HBO Go access on the Roku is in the works for us.  I think I really got him thinking when I pointed out that at this point, Comcast provides access for the LEAST number of streaming platforms for HBO Go, and that I feel that my subscription price is being de-valued relative to Comcast's competitors.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the update on your discussion with Comcast.  Pretty much what I expected, Comcast isn't willing to reduce their margins in order to provide a better value to the rest of us.

Still doesn't alleviate my disappointment.  Comcast is very pricey compared to the competitors that provide Roku access.  In fact, I'd say Comcast is well behind competitors on many features (take a look at AT&T U-verse interface- very slick). 

I am stuck with Comcast in my area, but looking forward to alternatives when they get here.  Meanwhile, I'll be participating in discussions like this which attempt to ask Comcast to look at customers over their margin. 

My guess the cost to Comcast HBO GO is low, anyone have any idea?  Considering an HBO subscription is $10/month, it can't be more than $0.20 - my guess anyway.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

i agree 100%.

let me get this straight.

time warner, cox, etc, etc, also (allegedly) incur some cost to do the same thing comcast is "crying" they cant allow due to cost.

BUT YET, cox, time warner, etc, etc are cheper than comcast.

whats wrong here people.?

whats the old term ?

don p-ss down my back and tell me its raining. ?

how about contacting the DPUC (department of pulic utilities) ?

maybe they will have something to say about comcasts lack of service with their excess of cost.

its worth a try.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here