sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Just one more request to the Channels Dept., or whoever can make things happen. We are all paying for HBO through Comcast already. Please don't restrict the way we access our subscriptions. There are other options out there us.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

13 years ago

That has nothing really to do with this.  Roku is just another device...  The problem is that it's not on their priority list.  The only thing that is going to make this work is enough people need to complain.  Maybe Roku can suggest a well known industry spokesperson and I'm sure that enough coverage will get them off their bu*t.  I'm not much of a social media person but I'll join the crowd if someone can start some sort of "I'm P*ssed with Comcast" facebook and twitter movement, that seems to get attention these days.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Comcast has already joined with microsoft. This may be why comcast is not going with Roku.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I called Comcast this morning and after talking a being transferred twice by people who didn't understand what I was talking about, I was finally transferred to a gentleman who did.   Comcast will be establishing the service sometime in the 4th quarter; so by the end of the year we should have the service..

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I also went out and bought a Roku in anticipation of watching HBO GO on it.

I got the info directly from Comcast's website:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-technology/20111011/US.TEC.TechBit.HBO.Go.Roku/

Edit:

I already got a reply to my email requesting HBO GO be added to Roku.

"First, let me point out that while the link you have provided is on the Comcast website, it is not an official Comcast press release. The article was written by the Associated Press and does not mention Comcast at all in the story. This feature is not currently available through Comcast Xfinity."

My email is being forwarded on to the "appropriate management and marketing teams for further review".

I think I'm going to head over to Twitter.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Just adding my voice.  I called the main number and left a voice mail.  I have written a letter.  I spent time on chat with two different reps (who are generally great btw but really didn't get what I was asking them to do).  And I emailed as suggested above.  And I tweeted about it, to Comcast Cares.  Suggest everybody else do the same.

Scroll back in this forum thread.  The main address and phone number of Comcast is listed.  The way to send an email is mentioned.  If enough of us do it maybe they'll listen.

And yes I saw the post about MAYBE we'll see it in the fourth quarter (i think its already the fourth quarter, and its not here yet).  I can't rely on third hand comments that might be repeating inaccurate information anyway.  If Comcast wants to announce they're going to support it they can go ahead and do that.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I just sent an e-mail, if there's anything else that anyone would recommend to get Comcast moving on this issue faster, I'll join in, I find this incredibly frustrating, as soon as I heard Roku was going to add HBO to Go I went out and got one, now I find out that Comcast is going to be the stumbling block here and for what reason?  Comcast isn't supporting the streaming of HBO content, this isn't going to be any kind of strain on their resources.  Why do they even need to give permission?  Comcast, get out of the way here!

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

13 years ago

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

13 years ago

Complaining on this forum doesn't get anywhere as this is really for support issues.  Like I previously mentioned, we need to find an industry leader to make a point of this.  Comcast is such a huge company that they most likely could really care less about the Roku even though it's a big deal to us.  I'm sure that enough people tweet and FB about this, it may get noticed.  Posting on various industry blogs is very important too.  I'm at work right now but there are some good tech news streaming channels (Geek something?) on Roku that would be good to reach out to also.  Roku could also be helpful by directing users to locations to compalin but I doubt they would do that?  Let's see...  how many Roku's have been sold and how many are paying HBO-Comcast customers??  This is what drives the nail

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Does anyone have the contact information or email where we should send our view/complaint? I already tweeted their rep but I want to do more.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Talk about setting the stage for cord-cutting...when Comcast shuts out services like this, all it does is make me look for other ways to get them.  Dish Network seems the most obvious since Comcast is somewhat of a monopoly in my area.

I have a feeling this plays into their Xfinity On Demand play, which only offers a limited selection of the HBO programming I pay $15+/month for.

This is another thing to weigh on my mind every month I get that $167 bill.  For their own sake, I hope Comcast figures this out before I do.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I just bought a Roku specifically so I could access HBO to Go on it, and Comcast is going to block my access? I see that at&t will allow HBO to go access via Roku, why should I give Comcast my business when they are going to block access to my HBO account that I pay a premium to subscribe to? I may as well go with another provider. Wake up Comcast! Seriously.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

I am just as upset as all of you are. I was a beta tester for Roku and got to play with HBO GO for almost 2 months. The last beta version released was I think supposed to have Xfinity support because it was listed on their for a day and I tried activating it but their was a technical error. Then they seemed to pull Xfinity from the list hopefully they will fix the issue and put it back. We'll see!!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Well, that's a shameI added HBO just so that I could access the old episodes through my Roku player and catch up to the current seasonsGuess who just canceled his HBO subscription? This guy.   Brilliant Comcast, Brilliant

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

HBO Go offers all of the old episodes of its shows, that aren't available OnDemand. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here