joey12volt's profile

Problem Solver

• 

166 Messages

Tuesday, February 23rd, 2016 3:00 PM

Closed

MyQ from Chamberlain

As of a few hours ago, I have been unable to control the garage door from the XHS App..  I can use the MyQ app just fine.  Getting error # 701999

Anyone else?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

166 Messages

8 years ago

Looks like it fixed itself!

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

8 years ago

Hi joey12volt --

We did experience an issue with Chamberlain during the time you posted.  It is now resolved -- thank you for reaching out and updating us.

Thanks, 

Rachel

Contributor

• 

92 Messages

6 years ago

Hi,
I just had Xfinity Home installed yesterday, and while I was able to easily connect it to my existing MyQ device for my garage door, I have noticed that I'm receiving the same error (701999) only when closing the garage door from the Xfinity Home app - it works fine from the Chamberlain app. Opening the door from either app works fine. The door is physically closing when I send the command from the Xfinity app, but what seems to be happening is there's a timeout, and the app isn't retrieving the closed status from MyQ within a required time frame - IE, let's say Xfinity Home expects that status within 30 seconds and it's taking 35 seconds on the MyQ end. The end result is after I dismiss the error, the garage door status continues to say Open on the Xfinity app for a little while until it refreshes the status from MyQ and properly shows closed. I'd be happy to work with someone from Xfinity on confirming if that's actually what's happening or if there may be another cause.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

6 years ago

commodore_dude -- 

Thanks for reaching out.  I was able to pull up your account & share with engineering to troubleshoot.  I will reach out when I have more information!

Thanks!

Rachel

Contributor

• 

92 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks, looking forward to it!

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

6 years ago

commodore_dude --

I've been working with engineering to troubleshoot.  We do see those 701999 errors you called out near the timeframe you first posted.  We believe there might have been an issue occurring around that time -- Are you still experiencing this issue currently?

Thanks!

Rachel

Contributor

• 

92 Messages

6 years ago

Hi Rachel,
Unfortunately I am still seeing the same issue. Door physically closes properly, error 701999 pops up, within 30 seconds or so the Xfinity Home app properly shows the door as closed.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

6 years ago

commodore_dude --

Can you please try disconnecting your Chamberlain account from the Xfinity Home app & then reconnecting?  I've included two help articles that detail the steps to do so.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/disconnect-chamberlain-liftmaster-garage-door-opener
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/connect-chamberlain-myq-garage-door-opener-xfinity-home

Thanks!

Rachel

Contributor

• 

92 Messages

6 years ago

Hi Rachel, I disconnected my account through the Xfinity Home app, waited a bit, re-registered as if it was a new account, and the same issue is still occuring.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

6 years ago

commodore_dude --

Thanks so much for continuing to work with us to troubleshoot.  We are making some updates that will be included in an upcoming app release that should help address this issue.  I'd like to check back in with you then to see if this is able to improve your experience.

Rachel

Contributor

• 

92 Messages

6 years ago

Sounds good, I look forward to it!

Problem Solver

• 

166 Messages

6 years ago

And the issue is back

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

How come I can’t link myQ to my xfinity home app?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Greetings! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues connecting your myQ, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

Can you tell me a little more about what's happening? As far as I recall, I had to select "Xfinity" as my provider in the myQ app, and then I was able to open the Xfinity Home app and add it as a new automation device. Are either of those options missing for you, or do you get some sort of error message when you try to connect?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here