mctaylorca's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 3rd, 2012 7:00 PM

Closed

Watch Xfinity TV shows on Apple TV

There are Xfinity Apps for mobile devices. How do I access Xfinity TV using my new Apple TV? Is there a way to download the movie/show to iTune on my computer?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Use AirPlay mirror option on your iPad.

Official Employee

• 

7.2K Messages

12 years ago

@xwilop wrote:
Use AirPlay mirror option on your iPad.

rog286713 is correct and the Xfinity TV App is also currently not compatible with AirPlay.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
@TWITTER: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

When will the AirPlay feature be available ?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Using Airplay mirroring works with HBO Go but not the Xfinity app. Pity and a shame. We should have that flexibility for the high prices we pay to have this entertainment product in our home. There will will continue to be defectors if this company doesn't catch up with the times, demands of the public and technology. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

No doubt it's mind boggling they disabled Mirroring! Who else thinks so? Support the majority (iOS) if you want to remain dominant. Enabling downloading is a nice feature as i travel a lot but why disable mirroring seriously, iOS users really want Apple UI and not the on screen primitive cable-box UI. I've done the math and I could buy all the shows I really care about in iTunes and just keep the high speed Internet part of triple play and an occasional Redbox rental. Is the goal to anger your long term (15 year) premium subscribers? Then success.

Regular Contributor

• 

210 Messages

11 years ago

Using Airplay mirroring works with HBO Go but not the Xfinity app. Pity and a shame. We should have that flexibility for the high prices we pay to have this entertainment product in our home. There will will continue to be defectors if this company doesn't catch up with the times, demands of the public and technology.

not a shame a SHAM. If your laptop has an HDMI port it will work with laptop to TV. Comcast is stubborn, they want that $10/month per TV.  IF they had intellegent leadersahip they would be offering a streaming option where we could subscribe for online viewing and lose tge cable boxes altogether

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

11 years ago

I think you will find they don't even support the mac computers all that well. This is the only service I have found that streams so crappy.  Choppy video artifacts etc.. This is a complete disappointment. Yet I expect nothing more from the cable company for some reason.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I agree. This garbage makes me want to cancel cable. In fact, that is what I will do. This company is so greedy.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I cancelled Comcast TV 6 months ago and haven't looked back. Comcast is dead already, the Brians just don't know it yet.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

What about when you're traveling, this seems very silly that the xfinity app isn't compatible with airplay. Do you have plans to fix this? If you don't consider these customer service driven requests then I see comcast becoming obsolete.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I couldn't agree more.  RIght now I'm so disgusted with comcast.  The amount I'm paying is crazy, but what's more maddening is I can't even feel I'm getting my money's worth when I travel.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same problem...I bought the AppleTV hoping I can watch my favorite shows in my BR...but I found out it does not work...no mirroring. EPB got this option???I am still hoping Comcast will fix this problem. Those small adapters were done to limit channels and they are hoping that the subscribers will just add more HD boxes to view the premium channels.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Also got a ROKU 2 streaming video player....surprisingly, Comcast does not support it either...so I can only watch the other channels on my iPad when I go out of my room with the HD box.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Sorry that win't work

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I watch xfinity to go on Apple TV without a problem at all. I have to trick it to work. I start watching a show on Amazon and select view on Apple TV instead of on iphone. I then hit DONE and immediately launch xfinity to go on one of the available networks. It then displays on Apple TV. Works every time.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here