sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Comcast/Xfinity needs to release HBOGO to Roku!  We pay a high premium to get HBO and had we known the issue with Roku, would have bought Apple TV.  It makes no sense that this service is being blocked this way PLEASE Comcast!

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

10 years ago

Roku is prolly unwilling to pay comcast the exorbinent fees comcast is demanding of Apple and M$ to have HBO-GO

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Heres what is weird .. I used to be able to get on Roku. And i can now get on Apple TV but no longer on Roku... Time to cancel HBO

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

When streaming HBOGO through devices vs on demand there are more options not available on OnDemand like Boardwalk Empire Season 1

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

When will I be able to use my HBOGO on my Roku streamer????

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

This is frustrating - I can stream HBOGo to my PC and laptop fro anywhere via my comcast subscription but not to my Roku or my samsung TV. It would seem to me to be relatively easy for comcast to offer that option.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

--->>  Time to cancel HBO.   <<--

Don't blame HBO...blame Comcast...it's ALL their fault.

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

-->>  It would seem to me to be relatively easy for comcast to offer that option.  <<--

Yes, it is...all they have to do is flip a switch.

But for Comcast, it's more enjoyable to squeeze with all their might even a fraction of an additional penny from their customers, than it is to actually let their customers watch THE PROGRAMMING THEY PAID FOR, in the way they wish to watch it.

What Comcast is doing is actually illegal.

Verizon lost a lawsuit where they were restricting how customers could use the data they pay for (the $20+ extra per month that a customer had to pay to tether their notebook computer to their phone).

The courts said they can't do that.  It's ILLEGAL.  And now a person can find legal apps (Android anyway) to use their phones as a wired or wireless hotspot for no extra monthly charge.

Yet here is Comcast, again just for the sake of extracting every last fraction of a cent from their customers, doing just what Verizon was doing, illegaly.

I am wondering...does anyone know if this Comcast/Roku issue is working it's way thru the courts?

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

I'd be shocked if anyone has tried to sue Comcast over this -- part of the big problem with todays corporations is that they are quite happy to point to someone else as the root of the problem... I'm sure HBO would blame Comcast, Comcast will blame Roku and Roku will blame HBO/Comcast...

I'm pretty sure its a Comcast issue, but good luck convincing anyone at Comcast that actually cares...

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hello,

Has anyone figured out a work around to be able to access HBO go for Roku on Comcast?  It was one of the main reasons I got a Roku to avoid hooking up my computer to the TV.  Why does Comcast block this, but not ESPN's roku app?  I'm guessing they know there are multiple ways to watch it still, just frustrating customers.  If On Demand had the same content I wouldn't mind, but On Demand HBO doesn't have hardly any shows and less than half the movies.  Maybe should just switch to Dish.

Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

10 years ago

It's all about the $$$. Comcast wants you to rent a cable box to watch HBO on your TV. Microsoft probably paid them big money to allow the XBox 360 to use HBO Go on a TV.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I don't know if any of these comments are going to help the situation, but I will go ahead and add my 2 cents.  I have been a Comcast customer for several years and have owned 2 Roku boxes for the last 2 years.  The Roku UI is so much cleaner than anything Comcast has in the way of VOD.  The fact that I can't access HBO GO on Roku is infuriating.  Let us have access to the content for which we already pay you!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Appears nothing has changed on this -- I'm a new hbo subscriber and can't believe roku isn't supported! Working with comcast support gets me nowhere ... "Please call Roku support." Very frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Comcast continues to block HBOGO from ROKU player.  We pay for HBO subscriptions and are entitled to have access.  Do we have to threaten class action legal action to get results?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Spoke to Comcast customer service for some time on Friday.  "Faith" insisted that this is the fault of HBO and Roku, not Comcast - that Comcast can do nothing to help.  She didn't seem to understand that I was in fact purchasing HBO from Comcast, therefore Comcast was acting as the re-selling, middle-man, collecting a fee and therefore had an obligation.  I did get a direct number to HBO so we can call them to complain about how Comcast is treating us.  So call them up people and tell them to sell us HBO directly because clearly Comcast isn't earning their fee. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here