sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

You can use your HD TV as your Primary screen. Thats what I do. My Nvidia card has HDMI out and is HDCP complient so they cant restrict it.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Clearly comcast is discriminating against the roku box. The same service exists on the xbox, and has existed for a shorter time than the roku option. The work for the roku option is already done, has been done since last year. Comcast, if you can't give us what we want then get the **** out of our cities. It's infuriating to have to deal with a bunch of anti-competive crooks. It sickens me that you are the only cable option in my city. It's time to start lobbying our local governments to get real cable tv competition into our citites. Maybe then these crooks will start delivering what we, the customers, want. I don't know what it is about telecommunications and cable companies in america wanting to drag their **** feet all the time and go into everything kicking and screaming. We pay for the internet service and the hbo subscription, stop cripiling our options.

Regular Contributor

• 

91 Messages

12 years ago

Ah ha ! there it is folks ! it just showed up under their on-demand system. its called xfinity streampix. dozens upon dozens of garbage old movies. even worse than their free movie section. I even saw old sinbad movies on there from the late 50s. anybody that has been on this forum for a while might remember when i actually got a response from comcast about their on-demand service. comcast responded they agreed that their on demand service had a bunch of old movies, but it wasnt their fault because they had "no say" on what was put on there. that was another lie. since the new "old junk movie" streaming service is called "XFINITY STREAMPIX", then I guess xfinity has no say on whats on there because only xfinity tells xfinity what goes on there. MAKE SENSE ? is your head spinning yet ? So you asked comcast to allow what you paid for to be streamed on the cable service you pay for and they say no. but you DONT ASK FOR their new "old junk movie" streaming, and they give you that. Its kind of like walking into a store and buying something for $1. you give the clerk $10 and he gives you $1 back in change. You say "you owe me more". but the clerk say "well i gave you a dirty look with your change. thats gotta be worth another $8". DONT EXPECT ANYTHING FROM COMCAST.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I suppose I'm wasting my time adding my support of Comcast adding HBOGO support for Roku owners, but I'm another Roku owner feeling ripped off by Comcast.  Do they even pay attention to their customers?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Come on comcast! Allow roku devices to stream hbo go!

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

Given what we have seen so far as an answer from Comcast on this issue, no one would bet on when we might see HBOGO on Roku supported.

Interesting though is the announcement Comcast made on data caps/pricing tier "trials" on their Internet service in May.  Not every one of their TV/HBO customers is going to be using Comcast for their ISP, but enough that any small uptick in the number of their 22 million users approaching their data cap due to increased streaming activity is surely enough to make them pause.  Comcast, like any other ISP, has engineered their Internet capacity around normal use, that is a small number of really heavy users, then a much greater number of users using much less data.  (Don't all you flush the toilet at once!)  

Although yeah, I can hook up my laptop to my TV and use HBOGO, it is kind of a hassle and no where near as optimized for this use as the Roku box would be.  Thus, I use less HBOGO then I would otherwise.  I bet they are currently counting on this. 

Perhaps they are waiting to put into place these "moving the goal post" changes before they have to support more streaming and other network based services.  Whatever the reason, you can be sure it is profits before customer satisfaction.  You be the judge. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

My response from comcast today 6/12/2012
Thank you for contacting Comcast, home of the Triple Play. You have 
reached Xfinity TV email support. My name is Selina and I will do my 
best to assist you with your concern.

I understand that you want to know why you cannot access HBO Go on Roku 
Player. I know how important it is for you to have the service you want 
for you to maximize and enjoy ultimate home entertainment service. I 
will be glad to provide the information on your inquiry on accessing 
Roku and where you can send your feedback regarding your request.

XXXXXX, I apologize for the inconvenience we are continually evaluating new
platforms to support for our Online TV Partners like Roku, but at this 
time have no committed dates to support HBO Go on Roku, Samsung TV?s.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

just place the order for Verizon FIOS

...with any luck my Comcast will be cancelled on Friday, and I'll have HBO GO on my ROKU

New Poster

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I'll very frank with everyone at Comcast (and I think everyone in this thread agrees with me): permit comcast subscribers to access HBO-Go through Roku, or I will no longer subscribe to Comcast, and will change to another Internet/TV Service provider who offers this service.

You have no good reason not to do this. Your customers want this, Time Warner Cable, Optimum and Bright House allow their subscribers to view HBO go through Roku. Get on the bandwagon, give us a REAL timetable for when you'll make your services compatible with Roku, or, be replaced by companies that offer a superior level of content.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

I echo the same sentiment.  Comcast is a joke compare to many other providers. Dish Network sounds better and better by the minute...

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Most likely Comcast doesn't care about any of this. The only action we the consumer can take is by switching service.  I am done monitoring the lack of progress by Comcast.  They are simply too bureaucratic and stupid to keep up with accelerated changes in the digital landscape.  Time to switch to a much nimbler player.  Thankfully there are many alternatives.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

You will love Fios.  I am jealous.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Since I relocate quite a bit due to the nature of my job, I've had used many different service providers.  In my past, I've used Time Warner, Bright House, Cablevision/Optimum and Verizon Fios.  Comcast is by far the worst provider in service selection, price point and customer support compare to any other providers.   I can't wait to move out of Comcast monopolized area. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

12 years ago

I just signed up for HBO GO, and was disappointed to find that I get access to HBO shows on my computer, but not my TV. Evidently the only device you can use is X Box 360. I have Roku. Many other providers enable Roku for TV streaming, but not Comcast Xfinity. Any chance of that changing?

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

12 years ago

Xbox 360 is a good multimedia device so so is a Roku.  The Xbox though is $199 + $40-$60 a year in fees.  Roku's start at $50 with not annual fees on the right to use HBO GO.

There is a much longer thread on this but Xfinity/Comcast doesn't seem to care that other cable companies like ATT U-verse, Charter, RCN, Time Warner, Verison FiOS, WOW..... along with Dish do allow it. 

Just happy I don't work for a company that offers inferior products and choices and doesn't seem to care...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here