Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

my unit lost the connection w the TV the 3rd or 4th time in the last couple of months, had to power cycle it yesteday by unplugging it from the power, will ask X to replace it.
I am on 3.0.0. Native, XRE Protocol is on 2.8.0 from 5/3/18

Regular Contributor

• 

81 Messages

6 years ago

@FL4TWRX wrote:
No excitement for the remote, here. It’s way too cramped and I find it difficult to use. Also, they got rid of the TV power button and it only has POWER ALL which totally breaks my receiver programming.

I'm not very excited regarding the new XR15 remote myself and stuck with the XR11 remote.  The XR11 is much more intuitive for me.  The biggest thing I don't like on the newer XR15 remotes are the center arrow keys.  You never know if your pressing in the correct area of the remote. The old XR11 is much easier to navigate and use these keys without looking at it.  

I'm not sure what they were thinking when it was redesigned and it doesn't appear the end user had much if at all any input on it's design.  For me it's certainly a big step backwards in design change.  

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

The entire line is a design debacle. There is no need for such large cable boxes, noisy mechanical hard drives that never spin down no matter what settings we choose (or a hard drive in the box at all), and many of us miss a self-setting accurate clock. 

We sure hope that the next deisgn does away with hard drives, minimizes the box size, does away with hardware that is never used (Ethernet and USB ports, for example) and includes a clock.

Better yet, why not an app that does away with all Comcast / Xfinity hardware?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@VaDeltahChi wrote:

The entire line is a design debacle. There is no need for such large cable boxes, noisy mechanical hard drives that never spin down no matter what settings we choose (or a hard drive in the box at all), and many of us miss a self-setting accurate clock. 

We sure hope that the next deisgn does away with hard drives, minimizes the box size, does away with hardware that is never used (Ethernet and USB ports, for example) and includes a clock.

Better yet, why not an app that does away with all Comcast / Xfinity hardware?

to your last comment: you can subscribe to xfinity internet and use the xfinity instant TV subscription for no set top boxes in the home. smart devices and Roku are allowed to use the subscription in the home. 

Contributor

• 

59 Messages

6 years ago

I've never heard of that before, but this is what Comcast tells me when I click "try one month free":

"You can already get the entertainment you love anywhere, on any device with the XFINITY Stream App. Everything is included at no addtional cost, only for XFINITY TV customers."

And, it's a beta app on Roku?

Activate the Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku

This article provides instructions on how to activate the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku. Some customers may have to re-accept Terms of Activation based on updates to account entitlements.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfinity-tv-app-on-roku

So, I have to drop Xfinity TV before I can see what I can get without Xfinity TV on a different app?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I converted from Dish to Xfinity last week since the cost of Dish plus WiFi for Amazon Prime and Hulu was more than Xfinity. However, the old X1 box I received is extremely noisy--sounds like a jet plane spinning up. Extremely annoying. My local Xfinity store (Colorado Springs) says they don't have any Arris X1v4 boxes and cannot notify me when one comes in. How can I get one? Otherwise, I'm going back to Dish!!

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for joining the Xfinity Forums and for creating your first post! We are glad you're here.

Hi Roger17. I can assist with getting an XG1v4 sent out to you via self install kit. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am still unable to see the PM feature. Can someone let me know how I can order a 4K box.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hi posting for PM feature

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@jweight4 wrote:
I am still unable to see the PM feature. Can someone let me know how I can order a 4K box.

did you go to the upper right corner of the web page and sign in before messaging?

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

...posting to enable PM feature...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I noticed some people are receiving the new boxes via mail. How can I get the bew boxes and remotes ? Can I just go to the service center and exchange them ?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

@jweight4 - I got your message, thanks. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Does Fairfield, Ca have 4k service or the new dvr boxes available. I cant seem to find anything on the xfinity website!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@chansford wrote:

Does Fairfield, Ca have 4k service or the new dvr boxes available. I cant seem to find anything on the xfinity website!

the only 4k (UHD) content currently available is via Netflix app on the X1 set top box.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here