Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

482 Messages

6 years ago

No problem. Maybe it's due to internet speed? I have good wifi but went through the trouble of running a cat6 cable down my wall so my new LG OLED 4k is hard wired.

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

6 years ago

@Ghost_Evo wrote:
Well, that excitement as short lived. Hooked up the box that they gave me when I got home, and after 20 minutes of looping and not completely booting up (and trying to power cycle it a few times), this box is apparently not good (should have kept the squealing one).

Decided to try and call customer service for a replacement box and hopefully a V4... and was told to go to the local store and pick up a V4 box to work with my 4K TV’s. I told them they were out according to the guy at the store, and they said they couldn’t help and I should just go back and get a regular replacement box again... so disappointed today. 😞

I guess I’ll go back and get another box to replace this one for the third time. Right now I wish I would have gotten a V4 box first instead of buying the TV’s, upgrading my internet, and upgrading my Netflix first. Comcast guy made it seem like the local store had a boatload of them. My fault for spending that much money and not making sure they had the V4 box first.

Glad other people on the forum are getting help with their boxes. If anyone here can help me order a V4 box please let me know. Don’t want to message the mods without permission because it’s a violation of the forums I guess.

Thanks again in advance. Off to the local store again...

Dude you are getting run around and over! I’d say they had a note in the system under your name to mess with you, but I’m sure it’s just a general message for all customers and I got lucky with my V4 order 🙂 I’ve had my own horror show happening trying to get my account straightened out these past few days. I hope we both have easier weeks next week, but won’t know for sure until the next bill shows up

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Ghost_Evo wrote:
Well, that excitement as short lived. Hooked up the box that they gave me when I got home, and after 20 minutes of looping and not completely booting up (and trying to power cycle it a few times), this box is apparently not good (should have kept the squealing one).

Decided to try and call customer service for a replacement box and hopefully a V4... and was told to go to the local store and pick up a V4 box to work with my 4K TV’s. I told them they were out according to the guy at the store, and they said they couldn’t help and I should just go back and get a regular replacement box again... so disappointed today. 😞

I guess I’ll go back and get another box to replace this one for the third time. Right now I wish I would have gotten a V4 box first instead of buying the TV’s, upgrading my internet, and upgrading my Netflix first. Comcast guy made it seem like the local store had a boatload of them. My fault for spending that much money and not making sure they had the V4 box first.

Glad other people on the forum are getting help with their boxes. If anyone here can help me order a V4 box please let me know. Don’t want to message the mods without permission because it’s a violation of the forums I guess.

Thanks again in advance. Off to the local store again...

Ghost_evo,jump on this thread

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3026237#M144379

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Jolt, you have one of two options. One, in your Samsung TV you may have an audio sync option, try adjusting that. Also, if your Sony receiver supports ARC (Audio Return Channel, Sony likes to call it Bravia link/sync) plug an HDMI into the designated ARC HDMI port on your one connect box and to the monitor out on your Sony receiver. You will also get better audio as HDMI audio will support Dolby Digital +. Give that a shot and let us know how it goes.

Churma

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

The box I currently have says it  XC1-P on the front of it. 

I have a 75" Sony 4k tv. a Denon avr-s910w Which has HDMI 2.0a and is HDCP 2.2 compliant 

I know the box I have is an older box but for what I have read through multiple areas that the XG1v4 has issues with a harmony.(hopefully, I am wrong on this)  I have a Harmony Ultimate and it is a much-needed piece of my home entertainment. The reason I have been looking at all these threads is with the current update to have Pandora and Netflix my box freezes up for 3 to 4 mins at a time when trying to access either.  Do I have other better options than the current box that I have?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Woolfman72 wrote:

I have a 75" Sony 4k tv. a Denon avr-s910w Which has HDMI 2.0a and is HDCP 2.2 compliant 

I know the box I have is an older box but for what I have read through multiple areas that the XG1v4 has issues with a harmony.(hopefully, I am wrong on this)  I have a Harmony Ultimate and it is a much-needed piece of my home entertainment. The reason I have been looking at all these threads is with the current update to have Pandora and Netflix my box freezes up for 3 to 4 mins at a time when trying to access either.  Do I have other better options than the current box that I have?

the XG1-p (pace) is the oldest and slowest of the DVRs and is known for audio drop off and for only having 5 not 6 tuners available. It is the only DVR that had component video ouput jacks. If you are not using component cabling and use HDMI swap out the box for an Arris Xg1v2 or v3. if you have Netflix 4k subscription and a 4k TV you could upgrade (same price) to an Xg1v4.

Regular Contributor

• 

482 Messages

6 years ago

@Woolfman72 wrote:

I have a Harmony Elite and the box works fine

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

@cldlhd wrote:

@Woolfman72 wrote:

I have a Harmony Elite and the box works fine

thanks for the info .. They did not have any of these boxes we were given a xg1-a

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Not sure if I should post this here or start a new topic but since you have a similar combo to me I figured I'd ask anyway.  I just purchased the LG OLED C7P 55inch.  My X1 box is the XG2V2-S and have it hooked directly to my Marantz SR 5007 which is only 4k pass through.  I had the X1 box hooked to the receiver and then the receiver to the TV.  I wasn't impressed with the picture quality so I bypassed the received and went directly to the TV.  Picture quality was slightly better but still frustrated especially when watching sports (football disappears in in the air and forget following a hockey puck on the ice).  I purchased HDMI 2.0 wires since I had old 1.4 wires at first but problem still exists.  Was thinking to call Comcast to get the XG1V4 but sounds like this won't solve my problem.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  At this point I'm ready to return the tv since 4k content is limited and getting the Sony 900E.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

6 years ago

@JoeT20 wrote:

Not sure if I should post this here or start a new topic but since you have a similar combo to me I figured I'd ask anyway.  I just purchased the LG OLED C7P 55inch.  My X1 box is the XG2V2-S and have it hooked directly to my Marantz SR 5007 which is only 4k pass through.  I had the X1 box hooked to the receiver and then the receiver to the TV.  I wasn't impressed with the picture quality so I bypassed the received and went directly to the TV.  Picture quality was slightly better but still frustrated especially when watching sports (football disappears in in the air and forget following a hockey puck on the ice).  I purchased HDMI 2.0 wires since I had old 1.4 wires at first but problem still exists.  Was thinking to call Comcast to get the XG1V4 but sounds like this won't solve my problem.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  At this point I'm ready to return the tv since 4k content is limited and getting the Sony 900E.

Did you go to the menu on the LG television to adjust the video (picture)? The set comes with Standard picture settings choosen.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, I have tried each setting with the same result even dug deeper into the menus for TruMotion and tried each of those settings as well.

Regular Contributor

• 

482 Messages

6 years ago

@JoeT20 wrote:

I got a LG65 oled in November. Routed through my Yamaha advantage box the xgv14 only offered 2160/30 fps but connected directly to my tv it showed 2160/60 fps . I ran all my hdmi's to the tv and use ARC to feed audio to the receiver. More of a hassle but the ps4 shows highest resolution, deep color etc.I also put an hd antenna in my attic and the NFL games have a  much better picture.

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Hello All -

I currently have a the XG1v1 and wanted to inquire about getting the new 4K box to complement my new TV! I have seen quite a few threads that existing customers have been able to get these swapped out, hoping to do the same.

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

@comcastella, 

I also sent you a PM with regards to ordering the XG1v4. 

Thank you. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Any word if these are available to existing customers yet?
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here