CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

Your delete bug is gone?

I think this new bug may be realated to the buffer bug that I had been talking to Ken about.  Last night it was happening off and on throuhgout and it seems to be purposefully clearing the buffer by retuning.  Now on main dvr boxes at various times, whereas before it was only on first tv turn on for satellite boxes.
===========

tctc, If you mean the 'lack of ability to delete' bug its alive and well at my house. Nothing has changed at all.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@Cody21 wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@Cody21 wrote:

SO I have something strange that seemed to crop up a couple of weeks ago. I'm running 1.75.06  ..  I press the Xfinity Button to get to the sub-menus. Then Arrow to get to SAVED (or any of the selections),  go to SAVED to see what I have recorded, press OK.  Everything I press are SLOOOOOOW (Delayed). I can literally see the selected items almost display1 by 1 on the screen. If I get impatient and press the arrow too many times, the result will buffer my selections, and painfully advance to where I last pressed it.  I have to perform a RESTART of the X1 to fix this issue - and in fact it is fine after a restart for a few days.  But every few days I have to RESTART the box.  Anyone else seeing this?

I haven't noticed anything new, but I've had this type of behavior intermittently since X1 was installed.  For both saved on DVR and guide listings.

Have not seen the issue anymore, kock on wood.  Seemed to have stopped about 4 days ago. I *DO* notice that an UPDATE was sent out & installed.  1.76.02  06/16/2017

Your delete bug is gone?

I think this new bug may be realated to the buffer bug that I had been talking to Ken about.  Last night it was happening off and on throuhgout and it seems to be purposefully clearing the buffer by retuning.  Now on main dvr boxes at various times, whereas before it was only on first tv turn on for satellite boxes.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I'm not normally in the same room as the settop box (2 TVs on box), but this morning I was. About 3 to 4 hours after the nightly reboot, I happened to notice the blue light on the box begin to flash a couple times. Then the box did its typical re-tune and clear the buffer. I pressed the "OK" button, and it retuned again and started the buffer.

This tells me that it's not a bug, but a deliberate function of the box.

Comcast's abrupt silence on this is a glaring testament for the contempt they have for their customer base. They heavily marketed the X1 system as being able to rewind live TV, but quietly took that capability away. Deliberately trying to hide that is reprehensible. It's a slap in the face and screams, "we don't care about our customers!"

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

Your delete bug is gone?

===========

tctc, If you mean the 'lack of ability to delete' bug its alive and well at my house. Nothing has changed at all.

As is mine.    Was wondering if Cody21s delete bug is gone.  Or if he was having "re-tune" issues, and that is gone.

I still have both in Northern CA.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

And now that they have left X1 to go to seed and us with it they are pushing Xfinity Mobile. Not a chance in 'you know what' that I would touch that service.

Don't even get me started on the incompetance of their software engineers. Why would you need a screensaver, when you already have the channel tuned and playing in the background (sound and picture-inpicture), and could simply drop out of the menu back to that TV channel?

If you have a show reminder coming up and you pre-tune to that channel 1-minute early, why do they still blank out the screen for a reminder for a show you're already watching?

In the movie guide display, at 1-minute before the half-hour, why do they throw all of the currently starting movies into the same listing as movies that have already been running? In order to see what movies are starting, you have to make sure to enter the movie guide at least 2 minutes before the half-hour mark.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@PowerTool wrote:

I'm not normally in the same room as the settop box (2 TVs on box), but this morning I was. About 3 to 4 hours after the nightly reboot, I happened to notice the blue light on the box begin to flash a couple times. Then the box did its typical re-tune and clear the buffer. I pressed the "OK" button, and it retuned again and started the buffer.

This tells me that it's not a bug, but a deliberate function of the box.

Comcast's abrupt silence on this is a glaring testament for the contempt they have for their customer base. They heavily marketed the X1 system as being able to rewind live TV, but quietly took that capability away. Deliberately trying to hide that is reprehensible. It's a slap in the face and screams, "we don't care about our customers!"

And now that they have left X1 to go to seed and us with it they are pushing Xfinity Mobile. Not a chance in 'you know what' that I would touch that service.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Your delete bug is gone?

===========

As is mine.    Was wondering if Cody21s delete bug is gone.  Or if he was having "re-tune" issues, and that is gone.

I still have both in Northern CA.

I have not had the retune issue but can hardly get any program to delete 'on command' here in Virginia. Its really gettting OLD isn't it?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

You didn't say what TV you have.  I turned off AnyNet (HDMI-CEC) on my Samsung 3D LED TV to help with HDMI handshake issues.  Reading this thread may also help.  

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/X1-Audio-How-does-it-work-and-what-should-I-expect/m-p/2400405#U2400405

My problem was the HDMI ports on the TV. They were on the way out and i eventually found out. Replaced TV and all has been great for 4 months. happy dayz

Contributor

• 

158 Messages

7 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@Cody21 wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@Cody21 wrote:

SO I have something strange that seemed to crop up a couple of weeks ago. I'm running 1.75.06  ..  I press the Xfinity Button to get to the sub-menus. Then Arrow to get to SAVED (or any of the selections),  go to SAVED to see what I have recorded, press OK.  Everything I press are SLOOOOOOW (Delayed). I can literally see the selected items almost display1 by 1 on the screen. If I get impatient and press the arrow too many times, the result will buffer my selections, and painfully advance to where I last pressed it.  I have to perform a RESTART of the X1 to fix this issue - and in fact it is fine after a restart for a few days.  But every few days I have to RESTART the box.  Anyone else seeing this?

I haven't noticed anything new, but I've had this type of behavior intermittently since X1 was installed.  For both saved on DVR and guide listings.

Have not seen the issue anymore, kock on wood.  Seemed to have stopped about 4 days ago. I *DO* notice that an UPDATE was sent out & installed.  1.76.02  06/16/2017

Your delete bug is gone?

To be clear : the Intermittent "Doesn't Delete" bug is still there.  That is, I delete something after watching, and the program will remain, as "watched", for a day.

The "Latency" issue of the Menus remains - is intermittent. When it gets frustratingly annoying, we RESTART the X1 box which usually clears the issue for 1-2-3 days.

Contributor

• 

598 Messages

7 years ago

@Cody21 wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@Cody21 wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@Cody21 wrote:

Your delete bug is gone?

I think this new bug may be related to the buffer bug that I had been talking to Ken about.  Last night it was happening off and on throughout and it seems to be purposefully clearing the buffer by retuning.  Now on main dvr boxes at various times, whereas before it was only on first tv turn on for satellite boxes.

To be clear : the Intermittent "Doesn't Delete" bug is still there.  That is, I delete something after watching, and the program will remain, as "watched", for a day.

The "Latency" issue of the Menus remains - is intermittent. When it gets frustratingly annoying, we RESTART the X1 box which usually clears the issue for 1-2-3 days.

I have been getting a Rolling, scrolling of the recording's listing after deleting a show lately. It doesn't happen all the time but it is really irritating when it does occur.

After all this time we are still seeing problems that are connected to Comcast's Cloud based programming of the box, with most software on the box but requiring constant cloud communication to function. They have had years now to fix it but still have not  done the job.. UGH !

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

7 years ago

Powertool:  Just saw your problems.  I've had this for months now and it really bugs me.  It isn't on my main DVR box, just on the companion boxes.  I posted a seperate thread on this (http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Companion-Box-XiD-P-rewind-buffer-reset-problems/td-p/2920314)  and apparently it happens with more than one type of companion box.  Hope this is corrected.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

Was X1 somehow affected by the latest cyber attack?

I had my main DVR box just go black last night.

Also had horrible performance for a while, helped a little to reset.

I have a video of where it took 30 seconds just to bring up Series Info and fully fill out all the screen assets.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@tctc wrote:

Was X1 somehow affected by the latest cyber attack?

I had my main DVR box just go black last night.

Also had horrible performance for a while, helped a little to reset.

I have a video of where it took 30 seconds just to bring up Series Info and fully fill out all the screen assets.

Oh Lord I hope not! Here in Virginia nothing unusual happened last night or today...fingers crossed.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

7 years ago

While watching Jimmy Kimmel onDemand, the audio is completely out of sync. Any idea how to fix this? Anyone else experience this with Kimmel onDemand?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:

While watching Jimmy Kimmel onDemand, the audio is completely out of sync. Any idea how to fix this? Anyone else experience this with Kimmel onDemand?

I just watched first few minutes of the latest (had a Game of Thrones guest) and it had no sync issues on my X1 set top box.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here