CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

yes that's the number I called. and supposedly my case was elevated to tier 2.but the estimated time of return call is 24 to 48 hours. I guess they try to send a reset signal, because the box did reset but then still stuck on the blue screen. Waiting for SNMP trigger

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@gritsgirlsc wrote:
ok downloaded it.I see the name for that device, bedroom, but it wouldn't give me the serial number. It tried to send the name to that device to identify it but since its stuck on blue screen the name never came up. Went through refresh commands right now it's resetting again we'll see if it works. Fingers crossed

when you see the 'first device' touch the picture to see the serial numbers. swipe from right to the left side for next piece of equipment

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

it only gives me serial numbers for analog boxes. The two x1 boxes have the option to identify by sending the name to the TV

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Ok. Called support back and they show the box on the acct... still stuck at same screen... and again still waiting on tier 2 tech to call.... *sigh*

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@gritsgirlsc wrote:
Ok. Called support back and they show the box on the acct... still stuck at same screen... and again still waiting on tier 2 tech to call.... *sigh*

if the serial number(s) now show unplug (cold reboot) for 30 seconds the/each DVR and wait for live channel to come up.After it/they DVRs are up then bring up the 'mini'/terminal boxes one at a time. You can authorize each box with your my account app by doing "TV" troubleshooting and then select the X1 device to activate. It will refresh then 2nd attempt will reset entitlements (at least that is what it appears to do). It will then ask to reboot the X1 device let it reboot and see if problem is solved.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks MadMangs!  The up arrow does get rid of the progress bar (more excellent UI design).

Although the giant icon in the middle of the screen still lingers...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Having x1 technical issues every couple weeks. The screen freezes and we can't change channels, we reset and get a blank screen after it says it is connecting. Numerous hours on the phone, chat help, and technicians coming out. I'm pretty fed up. And not sure why this is not being fixed. According to the remote techs the box works fine. Technicians on site say everything is good and when they leave it works, but then it just craps out on us.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

My x1 terminal freezes up at least once a day sometimes three times. The most prevaliant error code is RDK 03032. You've been out to the house four times. Changed equipment and we still have the problem. Please help!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@Vincent64 wrote:

My x1 terminal freezes up at least once a day sometimes three times. The most prevaliant error code is RDK 03032. You've been out to the house four times. Changed equipment and we still have the problem. Please help!

A tech came out to find out why you have such low signal? you can hit long-exit (5+seconds) down down 2. On the popup screen hit down 2 times to system then right to page 5 of 9

list

downstream recvd power: 

Downstream SNR

Upstream Power

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I am receiving an error code RDK-03003.  I have been through the process of rebooting and I already contacted Xfinity and still receiving the error code.  Cable was working fine in the morning and then suddenly stopped.  Please advise.

thank you.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I am getting that error today and also rebooting did not work.  Were you able to get it resolved?  I called Xfinity and it still didn't help.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

A technician came to my house and spent 4 hours to put in two x-1 boxes.the boxes worked through the weekend. On Monday both stopped working. Each had the same message that I needed a subscription to watch any television on my tv sets. This is while paying over 220 dollars a month for so called triple play service. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone trying to restore service. Interestingly, Comcast could not find evidence that the boxes were even in my house. The serial numbers were not in the system. No one could figure out how to enter the numbers, and this included the billing, Internet, and tech support. Each hand off to another department resulted in the called being lost on their end and having to start over.. The last person I spoke with suggested I bring the boxes into their office to get them appropriately listed into their system. I am not the tv man. I am a customer provided with defective hardware and incompetent phone support. They obviously don't need the business to be this arrogant and incompetent at the same time.

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

9 years ago

Ray the geek...Can you explain why the modems and gateways have no issue sending out upstream. However the x1 modem is so senitive on this matter , needed an amp in most cases.

Also could we not you use the gateways to serve the x1 boxes? My gateway never goes offline....

Expert

• 

18K Messages

9 years ago

@gotpizza wrote:

Ray the geek...Can you explain why the modems and gateways have no issue sending out upstream. However the x1 modem is so senitive on this matter , needed an amp in most cases.

Also could we not you use the gateways to serve the x1 boxes? My gateway never goes offline....

I can sum it up.... ROUTING....  it's all in the routing of the data communication... since Comcast elected to have the X1 network on its own thru-way, it is not using the gateways/modems at all.... unfortunately I agree with you as I also have a ROCK-SOLID Intenet connection, but rtecently have been suffering the same X1 Network Communication issues that everyone else is posting about...  RDK's 03032 and 03033... this is X1 Communication ERRORS....  ANd you all know that I have a pretty good system, great numbers, usually no problems....  this is definitely within COMcast's control....

-=Ray=-

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

Solved once in this thread:  http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/Pace-ABL-v1-17/m-p/2415223#M47763

I have this problem again just a week later....

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here