CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

9 years ago

New to X1, and still within my 30 day money back window. (Former FIOS customer)
Current issue is that the non-DVR boxes (Satelitte?) can't find any of the saved shows on the DVR.

Anyone know how to fix this?

BTW, is this how I am supposed to post a new question, just reply to the last one in the thread?

First, if you can, go into your gateway (10.0.0.1) and disable the moca if it isn't already.
Then unplug all 5 boxes, reboot the DVR and let it go all the way to live tv and then plug in the rest.
If you can, describe how your cable is configured splitters, amp etc.
You can check your moca signals ( how the boxes communicate) by
1. Hold down exit button for more than 5 seconds
2. Press the down arrow twice
3. Press 2
Scroll down to moca diagnostics and go to the 2nd page and you'll see a grid. Post the numbers here ...

Also 3 out of 4 of your secondary boxes are out of spec.

Regular Contributor

• 

184 Messages

9 years ago

@ralphmullins wrote:

I have been experiencing similar problems.

- I have series recording for Thursday Night Football. The 11/20 game (Oakland vs KC) shows as recorded

for full 5 hrs (I extended time thru DVR Mgr online). But when I try to play it, play sometimes is just blank

and won't go beyond 0seconds. On other attempts, it starts playing for about 15 seconds, then starts over

and continues that loop.

- 2 Saturdays ago I recorded 4 Saturday College football games. All recorded except one that only partially

recorded. No explicable reason for the recording to just stop.

- I have had multiple occurences where I attempt to display my saved recordings. Just get  a display of

blank screen with the 3 white dots blinking as if it is doing something. It never ends, so I just give up and

and can't use the DVR. Coming back later works. No clue what is going on that can't even display contents

of my DVR, much less watch the recordings.

Sure hope Comcast is working on all these problems, as the X1 is just not reliable.

Same problem... my football game recordings end prior to the scheduled end time frequently. DVR just not reliable.

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

9 years ago

Are you extending the show/movie/game to the correct amount of time. Comcast does not, and maybe never will update the guide in real time. It has always been this way...

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

In my case, I extended by 2 hrs using the online DVR manager since can't be done

directly on the DVR and remote control for a series sports recording.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

problems in firmware/serverware building up it seems.

Picture in a picture "B" is more and more just unhighlighting the darkness showing a corner of the active channel/video playing. This was previously only seen on 4:3 format TV channels and their recordings.

from FF hitting PLAY had a pretty good estimator of where to auto scroll back to get to point we wanted to start playing. That is if on >>4 it would scroll back more than on >> speed. Now they all seem to be about 30-60 seoonds back. C'mon guys. Quit breaking already working things.

Guide grid should have bright text that does not change to 'dark' because you scrolled across or stopped on the grid item. Why in the blazes do you change the font to 'darker' and even an EXIT then Guide to same point does not re-brighten the text. Really? you want to make this act like a badly designed web page?

On begin of PLAY a recorded video why does auto start, the restart so "now is the time for all" start as "now is the time now is the time.." 

Why on trick play from PAUSE is Slo-mo only one speed, about 3/5 speed. It appears that the 2-2-3 frame repeat is just doing 3-3-3  Related, why not use from PAUSE the Channel UP/Down as a jog frame shuttle? and who in their right mind thought that if you were on Slo-mo that you would want a press of play pause to not pause? Play should only 'start' again from being paused. Speed of Slo-mo while playing Slo-mo be controlled by FF/RW increasing or decreasing the speed.

While guide is displayed (GUIDE button) why not make channel up/down also a magnifier to increase size of any/all font increase/decrease for that viewing. (revert when exit and restart guide)?

Anyone have more to add? I'm thinking that if enough of us comment that maybe they will focus on some of these and fix them before moving on to new bells and whistles.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

9 years ago

I'd definitely add getting all of the "stuff" off of the screen.  When watching sports I pause, slow mo, skip 30, back 15, etc. constantly.  Which means my screen is constanly blocked by the progress bar, bottom section of the screen blacked out, and a huge icon in the middle of the screen, all of which stay there way too long.  The time left and score of games is constantly blocked, and even if you press exit immediately after slow mo, the screen is covered for so long you end up not being able to see what you're trying to slow mo.

I'd like the bottom black out section to go away completely (or the option), it's not necessary, the progress bar is clearly visible without it.  The progress bar can move lower and there should be an option for it to disappear more quickly.  And the icon in the middle could be much smaller, moved to the bottom/side, and go away much faster, or even an option for it not to appear at all would be nice.  (although given the response times that might not work out well)

These are not super technical requests and would make the viewing experience so much better.

If a better/slower slow mo with frame by frame are too taxing on the server or whatever the issues are, is there not a way to implement those additional features at least for recorded content on the main DRV box?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi guys. Have an error code and just wondering if anyone has had it as well. I feel sure they have. RDK-03003 Rebooting has had no effect. Thanks

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

I absolutely support getting rid of the display bar at the bottom or at least give us the option to turn it off after one second or something.  I'm constantly having to exit to get it to go away.  Very annoying.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

The response time on the X1 system from the remote has rapidly decreased in the past month in the Doylestown area. Very disappointing with a $200 +bill every month. Have had to reset boxes after freeze ups. Is any improvement on the horizon?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@Nitrofreek wrote:

Hi guys. Have an error code and just wondering if anyone has had it as well. I feel sure they have. RDK-03003 Rebooting has had no effect. Thanks

call the dedicated x1 support center at 877-896-8678 they have the tools to remotely diagnose and access to level 2+ techs when needed.

Regular Contributor

• 

184 Messages

9 years ago

Hitting up arrow once or twice usually gets rid of progress bar immediately.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I too AM experiencing the blue screen with ASTB needs to download...its been stuck like this for at least 3 hours now. After 2 calls to tech support I'm supposed to wait on tech ii to call me back in 24 to 48 hours or have a technician come out in 5 days. I am so frustrated since I've switched to Comcast from u-verse. This is my 5th cable interruption since install exactly one month ago.if any of you out there have any advice on how to expedite correcting this issue I would be most appreciative. Thanks

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

ok downloaded it.I see the name for that device, bedroom, but it wouldn't give me the serial number. It tried to send the name to that device to identify it but since its stuck on blue screen the name never came up. Went through refresh commands right now it's resetting again we'll see if it works. Fingers crossed

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@gritsgirlsc wrote:
I too AM experiencing the blue screen with ASTB needs to download...its been stuck like this for at least 3 hours now. After 2 calls to tech support I'm supposed to wait on tech ii to call me back in 24 to 48 hours or have a technician come out in 5 days. I am so frustrated since I've switched to Comcast from u-verse. This is my 5th cable interruption since install exactly one month ago.if any of you out there have any advice on how to expedite correcting this issue I would be most appreciative. Thanks

did you call the 24/7 x1 tech support number 877-896-8678 ? they have the tools to test the connectioin remotely and access to level II techs when needed.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@gritsgirlsc wrote:
yes that's the number I called. and supposedly my case was elevated to tier 2.but the estimated time of return call is 24 to 48 hours. I guess they try to send a reset signal, because the box did reset but then still stuck on the blue screen. Waiting for SNMP trigger

would you download and login on your smartphone to app xfinity my account ? from there select TV and see if that serial number shows up on the phone app. I'm guessing don't have that serial number on your record.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here