CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

We have one main X1 DVR, and two smaller boxes in other rooms. In one room, the smaller box works perfectly, in the other room, the box offten says "Cannot connect to DVR, please make sure it is turned on", even though I can see the recordings listed on screen...."I know its turned on, people are watching THAT tv, thats why I'm in this room..." is what I usually say out loud.

Sometimes, resetting the box (unplug, wait, plug back in) works....but often that does not work and I'm forced to not watch what I wanted and find something on live TV.

As of yesterday, now its saying that there is no DVR, it doesnt show any of the recordings, and the remote will only work if I hold it 2 inches from the box (I already replaced the batteries in the remote so that isnt the issue).

Is this a faulty box?

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

@JenAndChuck wrote:

We have one main X1 DVR, and two smaller boxes in other rooms. In one room, the smaller box works perfectly, in the other room, the box offten says "Cannot connect to DVR, please make sure it is turned on", even though I can see the recordings listed on screen...."I know its turned on, people are watching THAT tv, thats why I'm in this room..." is what I usually say out loud.

Sometimes, resetting the box (unplug, wait, plug back in) works....but often that does not work and I'm forced to not watch what I wanted and find something on live TV.

As of yesterday, now its saying that there is no DVR, it doesnt show any of the recordings, and the remote will only work if I hold it 2 inches from the box (I already replaced the batteries in the remote so that isnt the issue).

Is this a faulty box?

The first thing I would check is to make sure your Comcast gateway is setup right. The moca must be turned off on the gateway so it doesn't confict with that box. If it is a arris gateway this can be done on the console. If it is a technicolor 105+ than you must call modem support.

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

@scjohnson312 wrote:
With the new 1.3.4p1s7 firmware on my Companion box, I can now adjust the device lights brightness. However, once I do so, the lights all become lit and do not turn off after I am finished adjusting the brightness unless I turn the box off. Is this normal?

nothing is normal with a comcast companion box. I would try using the last button after you set it.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

If you recently had an X1 boxed swapped out, try changing the friendly name on the device that can't see the DVR to a different name than what the previous box had. This is a common error message when you start swapping out X1 boxes.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

Jen and/or Chuck

I cleared the cache on all three boxes, then initiated a reboot.  Your terminal boxes (150s) accepted the signal and rebooted themselves.  However, your main DVR did not accept the reboot signal. 

Would you be able to reboot your main DVD? 

If you don't regain full DVR function I would suggest to call into Comcast and schedule a tech.  Based off what I see here, the tech might need to do something with the POE filter.

PM me if you need any help

Brandon

Contributor

• 

105 Messages

10 years ago

I find it really ironic that my post which compliments Comcast employees on finally getting more involved in this forum was ignored.... the bug I identified is real, replicable, and not a signal issue.

Can I get this logged and addressed please?

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

@SFGold wrote:

I find it really ironic that my post which compliments Comcast employees on finally getting more involved in this forum was ignored.... the bug I identified is real, replicable, and not a signal issue.

Can I get this logged and addressed please?

It is not signal what so ever! I can ensure you there are no signal issues here. Also the issue exist also on xod now as well!

Gold if you need help on this reach out to Comcast Thomas. He can get you on the right path with this.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

10 years ago

@ComcastIrma wrote:

I have all day open on Friday 10/17, what time works better for you?  I have 8-10 , 10-12, 1-3, 3-5, 5-7.

Comcast Irma

you guys are not stating time zones. the call taking center is always 'giving' eastern time. the myAccount app showed my appointment time in ET without a notation it was eastern time.

Contributor

• 

105 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Pizza... how do I find this person?

I'm amazed that a bug they eliminated a year ago is now back.....

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

Both main and satellite boxes have now been updated by xfinity. New software gui. Still no surround. Talked to tech support by phone 4 days ago, no resolution, was promised a call back from xfinity tech support with 24-48 hours at that time. No call from xfinity. Starting to wonder if the TV part of my service should just be dumped. Will be checking out Direct TV. I know some folks who have it. I've had it before and hated the loss of signal whenever rain was even forecast (not really THAT bad), but still, X1 is a promising tech that so far is mostly fizzley..

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

This is a forum. Do not rely solely on getting assistance through this forum. If you have an issue that you cannot find an answer to in the forums then call tech support which is open 24hrs.

Contributor

• 

105 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Jcassell, I've been on X1 since the beginning and a long-time user of this forum, so I know what it's about....

I'm just trying to avoid having to actually work on a system-wide bug (again, I've done it before) with a Level 2.  I happily call tech support when it's something with my own system / box but this is clearly a software bug.   I cannot imagine the time it would take to get a Level 1 ("unplug the box...") CSR to even log the issue and escalate... no way am I spending that kind of time for something that Comcast should just fix with a future software push, since this is an issue that they fixed about a year ago.

Official Employee

• 

909 Messages

10 years ago

Hello Rustyben,

Appointments are always schedule with customer's time zone.  As soon as we pulled their account to schedule the appointment, the time frame given are on their own time zone.

Thanks,

Comcast Irma 

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Leedoug, I have the same issue with surround not working properly when set to surround mode. Oddly enough, surround works fine when set to stereo. Worth a shot.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

I know calling front-line support can feel like pulling teeth... But every time you call a ticket is created which helps the X1 engineers track issues and how wide the impact is. They won't know the significance of the issue simply by people posting on forums. My comment was mainly to inform the people that never call and always post to forums/social media.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here