pmell20's profile

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

Saturday, February 25th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

VidaoTV XR11

New TV, BrandsMart's own brand.  In their User's manual, they give me the 5 digit code for remote setup, but the X1 remote setup guide will only take 3 digits.  How can I enter the 5 digit code?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

7 years ago

@pmell20 wrote:

New TV, BrandsMart's own brand.  In their User's manual, they give me the 5 digit code for remote setup, but the X1 remote setup guide will only take 3 digits.  How can I enter the 5 digit code?

Are you confusing the digit pairing code ( pairing the remote to the cable box) with the TV code? Pair it first (3 digit), then you'll be prompted to pair it to the TV.

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the reply, but Vidao is not listed as a choice in order to pair my XR11 remote.

i assume that is why Vidao listed the 10030 code, for Comcast, in their User's Manual.

i called Comcast 3 times regarding this issue, and they could not help me.  They said they had no listing for Vidao.

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

7 years ago

You are correct, in that the price was incredibly low, but the picture is phenominal, it has a better picture than my yr old Samsung TV.  I have 5 tvs and by far this picture exceeds all of them combined.  It is manufactured by Haier.   

Why would I want the Vidao remote to control my X1 box?  I want my X1 remote to control my tv.  It does turn the TV off/on, but the mute function does not work.

As I previously stated, I know Vidao is not listed, and Comcast tech support could not provide an answer.  TV Labels do not matter to me, as long as you get the results, who cares?

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks.  I have not tried the Haier codes as yet, but will post another reply once I do.

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks much, I will give it a try.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The Vidao (any size) tv work with Hallmark code 10178. Enjoy

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

7 years ago

Set up the remote using the Hallmark code, worked the same as the Haier code.

The Mute button on the remote does not work with either code.

But they both work On/Off, volume and Xfinity button, so I'm fine.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

No, there isn’t. You’ll need a replacement tv remote

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Is there another code I can enter in order to use the input and channel buttons???
My tv remote doesn’t work and the tv itself only has 1 button in the back that controls only volume and hd options. It’s the 55CRV4K. Thanks!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am beginning to wonder if Comcast should not be replaced instead of the "answering employees" barely constrained insults. I have worked in the customeR support/software support field for almost twenty years with the goal of customer satisfaction. I REALLY understand a tech's frustration but please try to step back and take a deep breath before you reply. I have supported so many "Gold" rollouts and worked the 18 hour days that I could show you the scars. 

I have this same problem where my remote is not recognized by the xFinity system but that does not mean that I am not competent to set it up. Please forward this issue to your upper level tech services.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

18 month old thread closed
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here