carlan999's profile

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Monday, March 5th, 2018 3:00 PM

Closed

HD zoom on remote control

Hi,
I received a new cable box and remote control (XR-11).  This remote does not have an HD Zoom button on it, which is a button that I used frequently on my previous remote.  I returned that remote with my old equipment when I updated to this new stuff.  It was from 2014.  Anyway, is there some easy way to get that HD Zoom function back? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for your reply, but this did not take care of the problem that I have.  The HD Zoom button that was on the old remote would take a non-HD screen that had the bars on top and bottom and zoom into it so that it was full screen.  I would lose some of the outer left and right sides, but the action showing in the middle of the screen was easier to see.  I used this most of the time on the Tennis Channel, which most of the time does not broadcast in HD, and most of the action takes place in the middle of the screen, so zooming in and getting a full screen works well. 

I have found a fix that is not my first choice--the remote from my TV has a zoom button and I can use it.  It is just inconvenient to have to keep two remotes when one used to have the function I needed and used very often. 

Thanks again for your help. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here