jmar76's profile

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Monday, November 27th, 2017 11:00 AM

Closed

Can't set recordings from stream app

So this has happened to me before on occasion but not lately, but today I tried to set recordings for several different things using the xfinity stream app and for some reason today the option just isn't there. Over the weekend I also just happened to read that Comcast just lost a decision by the ITC in favor of Rovi in a patent suit saying that Comcast is infringing on Rovi's patent for the technology in the app that is used to set recordings on mobile devices for X1 set top boxes. So I'm just wondering is it just a coincidence that it's not even an option for me today and perhaps due to maintenance of some kind on the app, or did Comcast temporarily pull this technology from the app as a result of the ruling by the ITC? Thanks very much to anyone who can shed some light on this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

when will the lawsuit be resolved. they sold the x1 on the premise that you can schedule the dvr remotely, that feature is gone.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am a way from home and noticed that there is an up coming show I want to record on my DVR.  Is there a way that I can do so remotely?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Clarence0627 wrote:

I am a way from home and noticed that there is an up coming show I want to record on my DVR.  Is there a way that I can do so remotely?

not at this time. (other than having someone at home set the recording for you). see first page of this thread and the answer to the first post.

Frequent Visitor

• 

23 Messages

6 years ago

Let’s get going Comcast.  This “temporary inconvenience” is becoming the norm.  Did you forget that that you took that feature away.  Just buy TIVO already.  Obviously, your software geniuses cannot come up with a solution!!  Another NASCAR race missed...and PLEASE don’t feed me that line about ON DEMAND.  All of the “lack of functionality for $300 a month.  PITIFUL!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I notice scheduling from a desktop computer for recording on my DVR has been discontinued. Problem??

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Why is it that comcast gets more expensive and yet offer less services. EWhy the heck doid xfiinity disable the ability to set and modify recordings out of home. That was one of the very few advantages over other satellite and cable services at one point in time. Now most have caught up to ooffer that, but xfinity takes it away. I need to mover on to verizon vios

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

That is ridiculous! Hurry up and put that feature back! It's been months! This makes me not want a dvr anymore.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Just pay the royalty fee and give us the capability back!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Instead of “ appealing a ruling, be a man/company and pay the fine or do what’s needed to make it right!!

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

My dad said it was because Comcast DIDNT WANT TO PAY THE FEES they were asked to pay for this feature. Aren’t you making enough $$$$ from us???! 👹🙄

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Does anyone know how you can schedule a DVR recording remotely when you are not home? You used to be able to do it with the Xfinity App, but now it says that feature is disabled.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@huntcam wrote:

Does anyone know how you can schedule a DVR recording remotely when you are not home? You used to be able to do it with the Xfinity App, but now it says that feature is disabled.

it was disabled in November of 2017 due to an 'import court' action. Comcast appealed the action.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I can no longer set a program to record on my xfinity stream.  Anyone know why?  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I too am extremely unhappy that I can no longer record a show outside my home to watch at a later date in my home.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Can I schedule a X1 DVR recording from my laptop or app when away from home?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here