jmar76's profile

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Monday, November 27th, 2017 11:00 AM

Closed

Can't set recordings from stream app

So this has happened to me before on occasion but not lately, but today I tried to set recordings for several different things using the xfinity stream app and for some reason today the option just isn't there. Over the weekend I also just happened to read that Comcast just lost a decision by the ITC in favor of Rovi in a patent suit saying that Comcast is infringing on Rovi's patent for the technology in the app that is used to set recordings on mobile devices for X1 set top boxes. So I'm just wondering is it just a coincidence that it's not even an option for me today and perhaps due to maintenance of some kind on the app, or did Comcast temporarily pull this technology from the app as a result of the ruling by the ITC? Thanks very much to anyone who can shed some light on this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Why can I not record anymore from the iphone?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Is there a way to set a dvr recording on an X1 box from a remote computer (i.e. from work)?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I used to be able to remotely set up recordings on my home DVR. With Xfinitystream I don't see a way to do this.  Am I missing something?

Kaygeea

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

VERY troubling as this was plugged by salesperson selling Xfinity.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

6 years ago

BULL!!!!! Dish & DirectTV allow record/delete functions on their mobile apps. If they can do so legally, why is it explicitly that Xfinity/COMCAST is not allowed. I am asking for direct exact ruling not the vaguerie you offer here. I have searched for said FCC ruling and cannot find it. So post it here and point out where it says other companies including UVERSE are allowed but massive Xfinity can't. Even Other cable companies like Charter and TW and Brighthouse are able to remotely set recordings. Why is big bad Xfinity/Universal not allowed?

Contributor

• 

199 Messages

6 years ago

Then Comcast should simply pay them for the right instead of inconveniencing their customers.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

how do i set up recording of tv program on home dvr from my work computer. Once I get to the tv listings they used to have an option to record the program I cannot find that now.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

well the xfinity remote app is worthless then without the record feature

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

That is too bad. Being able to set a recording on my DVR is the only reason I downloaded the remote app onto my cell phone & ipad. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Why doesn’t the Comcast remote allow me to record shows.  When I am away from home I use to hit record on that app to record my shows now it is gone why.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I used to be able to set recordings via the stream app, but it is no longer an available function/option.

I have updated the App, and still not an option to set recording.

Is there another way to remotely set a recording when I'm away fro home?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I used to be able to set a recording from my iPhone or iPad. This option has disappeared from the channel guide on the mobile app. How do I get that back?

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Why. Can’t I set a show to record when i’m Not home, via the website or app?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.4K Messages

6 years ago

@gfootewrote:

Why. Can’t I set a show to record when i’m Not home, via the website or app?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-set-recordings-from-stream-app/td-p/3006332

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here