Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

60 Messages

Thursday, August 17th, 2017 11:00 AM

Closed

ANSWERED: How to fix Cannot Log Into Xfinity Mobile--Primary User Issue?

***Created by our Community Users***

Issue:

Cannot Log Into Xfinity Mobile--Primary User Issue

I recently signed up for Xfinity Mobile after already being an Comcast TV and Internet customer. I have not been able to log into my Mobile account since even before signing up (had to sign up over the phone). I kept being told "Are you the primary user? Only primary users can accesss...." No one at Mobile could help me with this issue; they were clueless.

Solution:

The issue ended up being that I had two Comcast users/accounts associated with my TV and Internet account. I've moved a couple times, so they must have created a new username when I moved. In any event, when I logged into my TV and Internet account, I went to "manage users." It only had one listed, and it was called "Unrestricted Secondary." No primary was listed. So, I must have been paying/viewing my bills as a secondary user all these years. I called the COMCAST REP--not the Mobile rep--and asked them to update my account to make sure the right user was the primary user. This took them 5 seconds, and I was instantly able to log into my Mobile account.

So, if you receive a "primary user" error when logging into Mobile, contact the Comcast reps here by starting a new thread and ask to confirm the proper primary user is listed. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here