Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

60 Messages

Thursday, June 16th, 2016 7:00 AM

Closed

Expert Program

What is the Xfinity Expert Program?

The Xfinity Expert Program consists of Xfinity customers who are passionate and knowledgeable about Xfinity products and services.  Our Experts are recognized for their high level of technical expertise, their breadth of knowledge, willingness to help, and the ability to interact with other members in a helpful and engaging way.

Our Xfinity Experts are independent of Xfinity and come to the forum to share their thoughts, opinions, and experiences. Xfinity Experts come from a variety of backgrounds and have a wealth of knowledge they are willing to share with other members. Their varied backgrounds help to shape the Expert Program as well as the community as a whole in a positive and constructive way.

These Experts have spent many years in our community actively engaging with other customers. They volunteer their time just for the pleasure of helping others. Although it is not a requirement, our Experts also spend countless hours in the forum assisting our Official Employees. They go above and beyond for customers and are able to provide insight into what our customers are experiencing, keep us informed of hot topics, and ensure the community continues to meet the needs of our customers.

Who are our Xfinity Experts?

Username: Again

Forum Member Since: 2003

Expert Since: 08/2006

What I like helping with: Customer Service

Username: USAF_E-8_RET

Name: Bruce

Forum Member Since: 10/2003

What I like helping with:  Norton/Security

Bio: I was born and raised in West Reading, PA and joined the Air Force 2 weeks after I graduated. - Retired after 23 1/2 Years in the United States Air Force - Retired again after 16 1/2 years with the US Postal Service - Living in Petal, MS for the past 26 years. - My first computer was an Apple IIe (Enhanced). I have never had any formal training in computers. What I know is self taught and I am pleased to say that I am still learning. Sometimes you can teach an old dog new tricks! I enjoy being able to help others because there was always someone out there on the internet to help me and I feel that if I can give something back, than I am repaying those who helped me!  I am a GURU on the Norton Forums. I also enjoy bowling,watching NASCAR and Air Shows.

Username: EG

Name: Dan

Forum Member Since: 12/2003

What I like helping with: Cable modems and associated equipment and hardware. Routers and general networking equipment.

Bio: Retired tech / engineer on microprocessor based elevator motion control and traffic management systems with integrated networking to admin remote control systems for 35 years.

The love of my life is anything high tech electronics and networking!! Then is my wife. Not necessarily in that order, I swear LOLLL!!

Username: Latoque

Name: Mike

Forum Member Since: 06/2006

What I like helping with: Email

Bio: I started in the forums as just another customer, answering questions about email and browsers that I knew the answer to.  That went on and off for quite a while.  Then I was asked to become an Expert, and I accepted.  I have no formal IT background of any kind; I'm just someone who happens to like working with, and learning about email and things related to it.  I consider my work in the forum to be the same as any other volunteer work.  I was also a volunteer literacy tutor for 4 1/2 years.  Originally from Michigan, I am retired, and currently reside on the Gulf coast of Florida.

Username: rightfooted

Name: Mona

Forum Member Since:  04/2007

What I like helping with: Email, browser and related basic computer issues, and Xfinity Mobile Android.

Bio: I'm a former federal employee, retired since 2008. Got started on the web in the late 90s with a WebTV (later MSN TV). I bought my first computer, a Dell Dimension, in 2004. It had 512 MB of RAM and a 120 GB hard drive and was $1800.00!

I've always enjoyed helping others. I've been participating in various web forums for many years, and have found I tend to respond to more posts than I initiate. I've also learned a lot from answers to questions asked by others. My former job included time spent helping people all over the country. Now I get to volunteer some of my time doing that here in the Xfinity forums as a recognized member of the team.

I love tomatoes and black-capped chickadees.

Username: Nerd

Name: Steve

Forum Member Since: 06/2009

What I like helping with: TV, voice, internet, home networking

Bio: I'm a former Comcast employee in the technical division and in customer support. I was trained by Comcast and am also a certified NCTI Master Technician. Additionally, I'm a certified Master Electrician. I loved my job at Comcast and only left after years because I had a non-work related accident. 

Username: RustyBen

Name: Rusty

Forum Member Since:  10/2012

What I like helping with: X1, MoCA, MoCA over ethernet, networking, Roku, Streaming App and streaming website. 

Bio:  I am a long time helper that was nominated as a service expert (all things X1 TV). I’m retired. I performed in-home and shop electronics repair service for many years. Then I moved to being a network tech, then Systems Manager. I’ve completed numerous in-house and major-company training courses. I have CompTIA Network and PC certifications, FCC Commercial General Class License (was called First Class license). I have volunteered as an interpreter for the deaf at church/work. And I have replied to a few thousand posts here.

Username: geek46

Name: Ray

Forum Member Since: 08/2013

What I like helping with: Digital Voice, X1 platform, Legacy Cable, Networking, Computer Hardware & Software

Bio: USN Veteran-7 years, Master Electrician-14 years, Dir of IT Operations-Govt Agency-18 years, Dir of Security Programs-Govt Agency-2 years.  Married, currently retired and spend my days hiking/birding around the Sunshine State and doing home projects such as replacing the siding, trim and windows on our home and getting ready to paint the entire house a "Key West" theme inside and out after the roof is removed and replaced!  I first came to the forums to learn about Comcast services but my passion for helping others with issues/problems allowed me to get noticed by Comcast and I was asked to be an Expert in September of 2015.

Username: jweaver0312

Name: Jarod

Forum Member Since:  08/2016

What I like helping with: Internet Connectvity

Bio: I learned programming languagaes such as Java, Python, HTML, CSS, PHP. Joined the bandwagon when I started having issues a few years back and made me wonder what makes the system and started my learning process to get as much info possible, but like helping out others. Also, since my father likes to be lazy sometimes, which he does deserve, I become his bridge between himself and Comcast.

Why would you want to be an Expert?

• Support Others – Many of our posters have tried multiple ways to get a resolution for their issue. By the time a user posts in the forums it is often their last hope. You can use your knowledge, skills, and expertise to help make some else’s day better.
  • Connect with Others – By becoming an Xfinity Expert you have the ability to connect with other users and Comcast employees on a whole new level. Learn more about the inner-workings of Xfinity and the employees behind our great products and services. Our monthly Expert meet-up is a great way to meet other Experts on a face-to-face basis and communicate your thoughts and feelings in a more direct form.
  • Be in the Know - Gain insight to new products and services offered by Comcast before the general public does. Have a say in how Xfinity products are shaped and how they will be offered to all Xfinity customers.
  • See and Do More – Xfinity Experts have earned the privilege of having exclusive access to otherwise “hidden” areas of the forum. This means they have a private place to congregate and express feedback and chat in a private environment. Additional privileges include moderator functions within the community. Experts can move/remove posts and escalate advanced issues directly to our escalation team. We give Experts the first opportunity to trial new products and services to be offered by Xfinity.

How to become an Xfinity Expert

To start the journey of becoming an Xfinity Expert, simply register as a user of the Xfinity Help & Support Forum and just start answering users questions and author helpful solutions. We ask that all of our Experts answer questions in a smart, well-thought out, useful manner and we discourage speculation and posts that provide useless/unhelpful information.

As you contribute to the Xfinity forum you will notice that you will move up in "ranks". You can gain ranks by posting in the community, having your answers marked as Accepted Solutions, and by giving and receiving kudos. Just being a member of the community and interacting with other users (many of which will probably be our current Experts) will get you recognized for any outstanding support. Once you have shown that you are here to assist and support the community as a whole, other users and/or employees will nominate you to join the rank of Expert.

If you want to know more about the program or are interested in becoming an Xfinity Expert, simply private message me directly. Let the journey begin!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here