Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

so how do I order 2 4k XG1v4 boxes? or one would be the small version of the XG1v4, if so what is it called?

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

6 years ago

Ok thanks & anyway to get more than 60? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

Ok thanks & anyway to get more than 60?
_____

You could add a second dvr, it’s 60 hours per dvr.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

@0070 wrote:

Hi, can you please tell me, right now I have  AXO(or 0)13ANM will I lose all my DVR shows saved when I switch? last time I switched to this newer box I lost %10 thanks 

I didn't loose any of my recording when I switched and I had quite a few recordings.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Like to get a XG1v4 4K DVR. Can I get one shipped to me? If so how and is it easy to set up with existing equipment as well as the equipment I have upstairs for second tv?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

6 years ago

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

In most places you can call and get the XG1v4 just say you want to order the 4k DVR. A shipping fee will apply. I have one and love it, I do kind of miss the clock but 4k is shiny! Installation is easy there are only a few connections on the back. All you will need to connect is Coax and HDMI. Now if you are using a sound system you will have to use your televisions audio output due to the lack of Optical Out.

Hope this helps.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I also need a 4k box, but my local center never has them. Please help with this.

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

Picture froze again last night during live tv. No error message just picture freeze, when i go to use other functions on the remote other than the power button LED lights up red,  After shutting eveything off with the remote the box automtically restarts after several minutes. Anyone else having simialr issue?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

what is power used difference between old x1 box and new 4k box  i read that the power used by 4k box is 30 % less than the x1 box 

please respond

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@fugit wrote:

what is power used difference between old x1 box and new 4k box  i read that the power used by 4k box is 30 % less than the x1 box 

please respond

Comcast has not yet added the info for the DVR v4 at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/set-top-box-energy-usage

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

can not wait for comcast to post the wattage used by the v4 x box 4k unit 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Regular Visitor

•