Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Language? I put a bunch of symbols to show I clearly meant an explorative, but in no way came close to saying one. Is this how Comcast shuts people up?

3 hours on the phone since midnight - currently at 2 hours and 45 minutes this afternoon just in a chat.... seriously, you remove my post?

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Is it also possible for me to get the 4k box. I am a premium netflix user. I had a comcast tech out today and thought he was going to install the XG1v4 box but he did not get the message from the person I spoke to on the phone and did not have any on his truck.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

Yes it will

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

Hi, billm2626 - Please send me your full name, address, and a phone number associated with your account and I will submit a request to send an XG1v4 box to you. 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I have a Netflix 4K account directly through Netflix.Will this Box Decode 4K for me?

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

6 years ago

I was able to get a XG1v4 by sending a private message to this Comcast employee:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3026237#M144379

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

wrote:

Interesting...I went back and talked to someone else at the same service center, and they seemed to only know about the Xi5 box when it comes to 4k. Clearly something's not being communicated correctly.

Is there someone who can help order the XG1v4 box then? Like I mentioned earlier, I already have a 4k/UHD Netflix subscription.

please follow the directions above your post (to private message the official employee).

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Interesting...I went back and talked to someone else at the same service center, and they seemed to only know about the Xi5 box when it comes to 4k. Clearly something's not being communicated correctly.

Is there someone who can help order the XG1v4 box then? Like I mentioned earlier, I already have a 4k/UHD Netflix subscription.

Regular Contributor

• 

482 Messages

6 years ago

wrote:
Does your son have the Bose 535?
When I did connect the cable from the tv ARC and disconnect other in from Bose video out to the DVR, the Bose tells me that I have disconnected that cable from the video out even shows up on the TV screen with a arrow pointing out that connection that I disconnected, will not stop showing till I reconnect back up to video out, yep! strange, but that cable is to help show on the tv screen all the Source connection choices I have and which one to change on the Bose remote of the Source I want t change, yes, like I have been saying I am using a Optical Digital cable hooked out from tv to the Bose, another words tried that a few years ago an it is still hooked up.
I tried with my cheat sheet of how I got all my cables hooked way before I got the XG1 a few days ago thinking how I can go from tv too the DVR work around but the Bose will not allow me.
When I have been reading here on the forum all pages on how to hook up the new XG1 from tv to the DVR I kind knew that it may not work for me, Sorry guys, did not mean to stir things up, but I said, what the heck I'll give it a try, tech.told me will hook up the same way as all the older X1 I had. I got the XG1 also because the interface was faster, yes it is for me, and no screen freezing, and no pixelation, all good so far, the only thing that I did not see on from DVR to TV screen the video display changes was no 2160 resolution changes, but even though I will not be able to use the 4K DVR operation because of the stupid Bose hook up error, I can live with it, unless me or some one else comes up with a work around? I talked to Bose they said good luck, they did try to think of some work around, struck out.
Last resort is the 3rd party that hooked up the Bose 535, he was not taking calls for some reason, and his phone in box was full, I'll try him Monday. Thanks for the help.
Oh and viewing from LG C7 65" 1080p Dolby Digital 5.1 looking good, sound too!

I had a similar issue when I got my LG Oled 65b7 back in November. My Yamaha receiver is 4k rated but doesn't have the latest hdmi version so it would show 4k resolution on the xg1v4 but only in 30 frames per second not 60 and wouldn't show it all on my Ps4 so it was a bit of a hassle but I ran new HDMI cables thru the wall port and connected the xg1v4 and my PS4 directly to the TV and ran and HDMI from the TV to the receiver so sound would come back via ARC and everything works great.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

@bevans384 - Feel free to send me your information (full name, address, phone or account number) in a private message. I will submit a request to send a 4K DVR to you. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I didn't think you were supposed to just PM one of the Comcast employees. I'm happy to send that information to them but don't want to overstep any boundaries.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hi,

Is there any possible way Comcast/Xinfity could ship me the new XG1v4 4K DVR and I could ship back my old HD DVR?  Customer support said I have to drive an hour away to get one from my nearest Comcast service center/store.  That is a 2 hour round trip!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

please follow the directions just above your two posts in post by @CCElla

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Need a 4K cable box.  Can ComcastZack help a guy in Portland, OR?

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Has anybody been able to get the 4k Box?

I tried three different avenues to get one of the 4k boxes. However, nobody was able to help me. I tried chat support, and they told me to call the main line or go to the store. I called Xfinity support and they were unable to order one for me and suggested I go into a Xfinity store. When I went to the store one of the employees told me they don't carry them in stock and aren't expecting to recieve any until mid to late March. The store employee then told me that I'd have to call Xfinity again, and they'd have to have a tech bring me a box.

This seems to be an endless loop.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here